What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
Have you ever watched AFL on TV? It's ordinary.

Yes I have and it's better than being there live. I attended an ANZAC day game at the MCG some time back and it was less than impressive. It was a first time AFL game for a bunch of us and I remember one of our group saying "I am going to watch this until quarter time and if I don't like it I'm going to the bar and staying there." We caught up with him at the bar.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I have and it's better than being there live. I attended an ANZAC day game at the MCG some time back and it was less than impressive. It was a first time AFL game for a bunch of us and I remember one of our group saying "I am going to watch this until quarter time and if I don't like it I'm going to the bar and staying there." We caught up with him at the bar.
Well AFL fans and I think it's better live. I don't think rugby league is a better spectacle live, though obviously the atmosphere is better.

TheRam

Coach
TV is killing attendance.

Yet, AFL crowds don't seem to suffer from this affliction. But then, what else is there to do in Melbourne.

Ah...TV crowds are down too.

Like I have said before, League has got maybe another 10 years, before it is plainly obvious even to all you deniers that it has lost the war.

This for me, is the most hurtful prediction, based on overwhelming trending evidence, that I wish I were wrong about.
But unfortunately, like most of what I say, this too will come to pass, no matter how much some of you guys bag me out.

Anyone who loves the game that saw Greenberg's interview on 360 this week and didn't get a shiver down their spine and then immediately hurl abuse at the TV, doesn't know what planet they're on. The mob running the show couldn't do a better job of stuffing up OUR game then if the AFL had hired them to do just that themselves.

R.I.P

Gronk

Staff member
Ah...TV crowds are down too.

Like I have said before, League has got maybe another 10 years, before it is plainly obvious even to all you deniers that it has lost the war.

This for me, is the most hurtful prediction, based on overwhelming trending evidence, that I wish I were wrong about.
But unfortunately, like most of what I say, this too will come to pass, no matter how much some of you guys bag me out.

Anyone who loves the game that saw Greenberg's interview on 360 this week and didn't get a shiver down their spine and then immediately hurl abuse at the TV, doesn't know what planet they're on. The mob running the show couldn't do a better job of stuffing up OUR game then if the AFL had hired them to do just that themselves.

R.I.P

How long have we got then Ram ? You reckon the NRL will still be around in 5 years. I'm guessing not.

Gronk

Staff member
From Nathan Ryan @ FoxSports

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/e9fb4be57a48e9cb3be1c4dc891c35dc

• Cronulla have re-signed Joseph Paulo for 2018.
  • Tony Williams and Jeremy Latimore also haven’t been offered new contracts.

• Latimore is expected to re-join St George Illawarra next season.
==================================

HOW MOSES BECAME PARRA’S BIGGEST BARGAIN

Mitchell Moses was essentially playing for Parramatta for free this season.

At least that’s the way the Eels have looked at it.

It’s understood the club has paid less than $275,000 for Moses this year, money they had sitting spare on their cap for this season which would have otherwise gone unused.

The premature exit of Kieran Foran meant the Eels had a handy little nest egg they could play with if a player became available mid-season.

dcfde4c00952e81a2ea5ca51ab31c5f0

Mitchell Moses of the Eels in action.Source: AAP
Enter Moses.

It’s understood his deal at the Tigers this year was worth around $550,000.

It was an option in his previous contract he’d activated in June last year.

On May 16 the move was made official and Moses joined the Eels on a deal until 2019.

By the time Moses joined his new teammates, half of his contract had already been paid by the Tigers.

The Eels paid the remainder with money they couldn’t bank for next season.

=======================

SHHHHHH

Which Sydney based NRL club is looking at luring Jim Dymock from the Bulldogs?

84 Baby

Referee
It's why they haven't set a cap for next season, because it won't be necessary. I feel sorry for #CAM400

TheRam

Coach
How long have we got then Ram ? You reckon the NRL will still be around in 5 years. I'm guessing not.

No one is suggesting that the NRL will disappear or the entity of the game itself will cease to exist entirely, but its popularity will wane substantially.

But then again, I'm guessing you knew that.

hindy111

Post Whore
image.jpg
What a wild week. Found the greatest pub ever. And couldn't leave.How did the eels and panthers go? Did we win?

hindy111

Post Whore
No one is suggesting that the NRL will disappear or the entity of the game itself will cease to exist entirely, but its popularity will wane substantially.

But then again, I'm guessing you knew that.

I went and watched the Hawkes play Carlton this year. Sitting behind was a group of girls aged perhaps 5-10yrs. They chanted and scored the game, And nost suprised they knew all the players names. And this is a team (Carlton) who are one of the weakest teams.
AFL is smarter. But NRL wont die. It just follows. As far as watching I find AFL WAY BETTER LIVE. But it drags on. Takes too long.
NRL i prefer on tv. When I watch live i miss a lot of the forwards impact. I feel like I can see who had a better game player wise on tv.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I went and watched the Hawkes play Carlton this year. Sitting behind was a group of girls aged perhaps 5-10yrs. They chanted and scored the game, And nost suprised they knew all the players names. And this is a team (Carlton) who are one of the weakest teams.
AFL is smarter. But NRL wont die. It just follows. As far as watching I find AFL WAY BETTER LIVE. But it drags on. Takes too long.
NRL i prefer on tv. When I watch live i miss a lot of the forwards impact. I feel like I can see who had a better game player wise on tv.
Can you follow Fumbleball full time please???

Latest posts