What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't mind Robbo, did ok with us. Wouldn't be that disappointed if he signed for next year as a back up.

Obviously not the greatest at rucking it out, but has plenty of speed and can find the try line.

84 Baby

Referee
Well that's a tough question though. As with a few positions there are probably a lot more than 16 players who are good enough to fill that bottom half.
Yeah but if you were to rank every player in comp across the positions they play, giving preference to the higher ranked position for multi position player, then I still reckon he'd be in top 32 wingers in NRL. And sure there may be some toing and froing towards the bottom but I reckon he'd still be high enough up the list to avoid most of that

Gronk

Staff member
Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
FFS mate, Brown will still be our top attacking middle forward next year, and Kane Evans will be close behind him. Alvaro and Mannah will continue to do a lot of their tackling for them. We just finished top four you nitwit merkin.
But we didn't win the gf or look close too. And we won't with our present props. Isn't that why we are playing in the comp, to win it? Or did we win something, anything, finishing 4th? Apparently you're happy finishing 4th, I'm not. I want to win the gf some day before I die!!!!!!!!!

Incorrect

Coach
"NRL fans have scored a huge win after Channel Nine announced they will be streaming every NRL game across 26 rounds along with their usual three live fixtures."

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...w-fox-sports-origin/gfjwhkcwfdmn1psl47p3at41o

Well isn't that a great outcome!!

Is fox really needed anymore ?
No word in the article whether the streaming on 9s platforms will be restricted to tablets and phones a la the NRL digital pass. .. Surely Fox won't sit by and allow people to just stream to their TV like @Gronk alludes to?

Glenneel

Bench
We also matched Melbourne and the Cowboys. We have a good team. Paulo would add something but we don't need him.
Pou you really completely miss the point, we DIDN'T WIN against those teams when it mattered. But you're happy with a 4th and NEARLY beating the 2 gf teams.

We didn't beat these two teams who had big forwards (and Cows pack will be even bigger next year) but you insist that a small pack is the way to go. History shows that usually the teams with the bigger packs tend to win the gf, just look at recent history.

Gronk

Staff member
No word in the article whether the streaming on 9s platforms will be restricted to tablets and phones a la the NRL digital pass. .. Surely Fox won't sit by and allow people to just stream to their TV like @Gronk alludes to?

Yes I hope that the screen format is not limited to 7" like the NRL app.

Then again the ^^^ article says that Ch9 just acquired digital rights. Perhaps foxtel are doing it tough ? I noticed that Ch10 (now owned by US CBS IIRC) have done a deal with foxtel and you can watch the A-League plus Back Page on Ch10/One now.

84 Baby

Referee
But we didn't win the gf or look close too. And we won't with our present props. Isn't that why we are playing in the comp, to win it? Or did we win something, anything, finishing 4th? Apparently you're happy finishing 4th, I'm not. I want to win the gf some day before I die!!!!!!!!!
Peas and f**king rice! Remind me the last team that won the grand final after being completely out of the finals series for the prior 8 years?

Bazal

Post Whore
Of all the miserable death riders on here Glen is my least favourite.

At least the others have gone crazy. He's just a sad merkin

84 Baby

Referee
Well because I didn't want to wait a week to see his response. The most recent to being even close was Roosters in 2013. They failed to make finals in 2011 & 2012 after finishing 5th in 2010 and last in 2009 and being up and down before then. So 09 and prior were the Fittler coaching years, 2010 Brian Smith got some immediate success plus Carney was playing on the field, the 2011 & 2012 aberrations I assume were somewhat due to Carney playing off the field because a large contingent of their playing roster rolled from 2010 to 2013 when they also had picked up Luke O'Donnell (finals & SOO exp), Maloney (GF exp) and Jenko (SOO and I think finals exp)

But no, teams always magically win the grand final having never played in finals before and when they don't it justifies monumental crying over said team never being a chance of winning anytime in the future

Bazal

Post Whore
But we didn't win!! CHANGE EVERYTHING!!

What about if instead of bigger forwards we got smaller backs? It would also make the forwards look bigger.

What about if we made everything bigger?

I mean, if we accept that bigger forwards magically win competitions, why not have bigger forwards AND bigger backs? You'd be guaranteed to win! Have a 120kg fullback and 150kg props, boom, premiership!