What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
unless you're with Telsta who end up always giving you a free NRL pass and don't count data you use for streaming

The free pass is only for mobiles. Watching a game on an iphone is fine if you are out and about only.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What about if we made everything bigger?

I mean, if we accept that bigger forwards magically win competitions, why not have bigger forwards AND bigger backs? You'd be guaranteed to win! Have a 120kg fullback and 150kg props, boom, premiership!
But then Melbourne will come back the next year with a 150kg halfback and 200kg props and we would be loosers again. LOOSERS!!!

84 Baby

Referee
What about if we made everything bigger?

I mean, if we accept that bigger forwards magically win competitions, why not have bigger forwards AND bigger backs? You'd be guaranteed to win! Have a 120kg fullback and 150kg props, boom, premiership!
You're misrepresenting him! There's a magical mark where props go from being shit e.g. Alvaro to being fat shit e.g. Paulo and that mark is where all the great game breaker props that every other team has sits. We don't need bigger props, we need specifically bigger props.

And you say we need a 120kg fullback? Are you suggesting we re-sign Hayne then?

Bazal

Post Whore
You're misrepresenting him! There's a magical mark where props go from being shit e.g. Alvaro to being fat shit e.g. Paulo and that mark is where all the great game breaker props that every other team has sits. We don't need bigger props, we need specifically bigger props.

And you say we need a 120kg fullback? Are you suggesting we re-sign Hayne then?

I was thinking Inglis tbh. He'd have to be at least 120kg after doing nothing but eating KFC all year.

We should also bring back Tame Tupou....he was 120kg when he was fit, imagine what he's at now! Premiership winning winger for sure!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well that's a tough question though. As with a few positions there are probably a lot more than 16 players who are good enough to fill that bottom half.
Exactly. Is there really a '32nd best winger' in the NRL? There are merkins who are automatic picks and merkins fighting for a spot and merkins whom their coaches hope they don't have to use.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But we didn't win the gf or look close too. And we won't with our present props. Isn't that why we are playing in the comp, to win it? Or did we win something, anything, finishing 4th? Apparently you're happy finishing 4th, I'm not. I want to win the gf some day before I die!!!!!!!!!
Better go forward would help obviously, but I reckon what brought us down in the finals was lack of experience in big games, especially from our halves.

You'll note we went a lot better than Junior Paulo's team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou you really completely miss the point, we DIDN'T WIN against those teams when it mattered. But you're happy with a 4th and NEARLY beating the 2 gf teams.

We didn't beat these two teams who had big forwards (and Cows pack will be even bigger next year) but you insist that a small pack is the way to go. History shows that usually the teams with the bigger packs tend to win the gf, just look at recent history.
Who insists that a small pack is the way to go? I'm excited about Kane Evans arriving. He's a lot taller than that nugget Junior Paulo.

Latest posts