What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
who are our likely backup halves?

upload_2017-10-18_7-32-56.jpeg
images

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone notice a few certain experts have suddenly lost their 'mojos' in the scoop department since the leaking factionalism of the past boards have dissapeared.

You know who you are.

Prozhenks also hasn't had an Eels scoop for a year.
It all ties in nicely :grinning:
You never had any mojo you dopey merkin.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anyone notice a few certain experts have suddenly lost their 'mojos' in the scoop department since the leaking factionalism of the past boards have dissapeared.

You know who you are.

Prozhenks also hasn't had an Eels scoop for a year.
It all ties in nicely :grinning:

Why would we scoop here when we can divulge information at places you can’t lurk?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Potential cheapie half, back ups could include Drew Hutchinson / jaelen feeney (who's father works with the club I think). Haven't seen a lot of them playing but both didn't look totally terrible when I did and both are decent size for halves so should be ok in defence within our structures. They both also have some potential with good coaching.

We aren't looking for a superstar just someone that can provide cover at a minimum price for a few games if required. Our halves are already settled with Moses / Norman, while Gutherson / smith / Taka's will be the next back ups.

Hutchinson also has the potential to play in the backrow.

Stevie

Bench
Why would we scoop here when we can divulge information at places you can’t lurk?

Well I’d bloody like the scoop from you Stags. I live for the Eels and love the scoops but the last one I simply shared was from FB about Rona being signed and look how that turned out lol

Incorrect

Coach
The only way we would sign Cronk would be if Norman was released, and another club picked up his full freight, and Cronk joined Moses in the halves... Cronk then to stick around after 2 years playing and in to a coaching role to mentor young Dylan Brown or some other young half that might come along in the meantime.... But I suspect Cronk will pursue a media role once he stops playing.... maybe he'd do both...

Who the f**k knows what'll happen. Stranger things have happened....

My preference would be to keep Norman and Moses together with a full pre-season together and see what they can do....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

"I told you just a few days ago that Parramatta was interested in Souths star Angus Crichton.

Well, here's some more big news for all you Eels fans.

A Parramatta insider has told me his club is seriously looking at signing Cooper Cronk.

The Roosters remain favourites for Cronk with Parramatta now roaring into contention.

I hear Eels coach Brad Arthur is holidaying overseas but is keeping a close watch on the Cronk proceedings.

Parramatta have the power and professionalism to be an attractive option for Cronk.

Souths have opted out of chasing Cronk."

84 Baby

Referee
A Parramatta insider has told me his club is seriously looking at signing Cooper Cronk.

I hear Eels coach Brad Arthur is holidaying overseas

This is code for "I talked to someone at club who has zero to do with recruitment and they said they'd be interested in Cronk playing for the club" probably for the same reason Gronk had.

Parramatta have the power and professionalism
And now we know it was clearly all a lie

Latest posts