What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I rate Cronk but have a few friends who say same. Over rated.
Our club doesnt need him though. Our halves are fine.
I suspect he's overrated too. But I'm sure he's very good. Will be interesting to see how he goes at a new club. And no, we don't need him.

The media job thing I also find interesting. I don't think he's cut out for it. He's a grinder.

Avenger

Immortal
If Friend is being forced out of the Roosters I’d take him before an overpriced Cooper Cronk.

However Angus Crichton from Souths is one I’d pursue heavily and offer them any of our secondrowers except Tepai.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Friend is being forced out of the Roosters I’d take him before an overpriced Cooper Cronk.

However Angus Crichton from Souths is one I’d pursue heavily and offer them any of our secondrowers except Tepai.

Crighton is special. Would you prefer him or Hess? Id lean towards Hess due too size.

Glenneel

Bench
Tigers are no chance he would never do that.
I can only see him going to a Roosters/Bunnies/Dogs profile type club. And Pearce ain’t going anywhere, he is on 750-850 odd k a year apparently and just signed another 2 year deal.
Rooster reckon they have a lazy $1m lying around to sign him, yeh right! Nothing suspicious here.
Doubt Parra have $1m spare in their cap and they have built a squad on spare change, and still looking for cheap buys including another Evans style forward. Probably also holding about $600k in bank in case Semi returns.

hybrideel

Bench
It was reported somewhere, can't remember exactly, that the Roosters have $400k of their cap spare and don't want to get rid of any if Pearce, Cleary or Friend. $400k should but you the current QLD and AUS half shouldn't it?

The Colonel

Immortal
Big gamble to come out of the Storm system this late in your career and look for a two year deal without Smith and Slater taking off some of the pressure. I think Cronk is a very good player BUT would rather another prop and hooker before we chase halves. Wouldn’t mind an established outside back as well.

The Colonel

Immortal
Rooster reckon they have a lazy $1m lying around to sign him, yeh right! Nothing suspicious here.
Doubt Parra have $1m spare in their cap and they have built a squad on spare change, and still looking for cheap buys including another Evans style forward. Probably also holding about $600k in bank in case Semi returns.

Cronk is coming to Sydney for love not the money so that fits right in to the Roosters plans.

strider

Post Whore
You would think he should be at least 600-700k on the cap ... if the nrl let any team have him for less with a bucket load of TPAs its a joke

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Big gamble to come out of the Storm system this late in your career and look for a two year deal without Smith and Slater taking off some of the pressure.
What's the 'big gamble' exactly? He's achieved everything in the game. He is just looking for a retirement fund. He doesn't need to win another premiership. He just needs to get paid. If he goes to another strong club he won't even be made to look bad, but even if he does who cares? He'll get paid, he's still played for Australia and Queensland, and won two premierships plus two Dally M medals.

Playing a year or two too long won't change any of that. It just means he will earn another $1M+

hindy111

Post Whore

I doubt Parra want him. But Burnie is no fool. He will want to know his asking price so he can atleast tell the media we coudlnt get close to the Roosters offer.
If every other Sydney clubs says we are not interested the Rooster can offer less or atleast say they did.

hindy111

Post Whore
What's the 'big gamble' exactly? He's achieved everything in the game. He is just looking for a retirement fund. He doesn't need to win another premiership. He just needs to get paid. If he goes to another strong club he won't even be made to look bad, but even if he does who cares? He'll get paid, he's still played for Australia and Queensland, and won two premierships plus two Dally M medals.

Playing a year or two too long won't change any of that. It just means he will earn another $1M+

Cronks game cant look bad. He is a good stable halfback. It is not like he relies on power and speed and his greatest assets. Not like a Hayne or Inglis where losong that would turn them average fast.

Latest posts