What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were a very badly managed club during his time here at fullback. Ascribing the team's results to his performance or paypacket is a fairly long bow. He only played for one club so the sample size is low.
I'm saying his strengths don't suit fullback in a balanced team with two genuine halves. Stuart summed it up perfectly when he dropped him from Origin back in the day:
Stuart also elaborated on the controversial omission of Hayne, who has filled a playmaking role from fullback with his NRL club Parramatta.

"I don't need that, I need him playing in a fullback shape," Stuart said.

"I've got two pivots on the field to put him into a bit of field position.

"Jarryd Hayne's probably the best short-side player in the game outside of Johnathan Thurston but I need him in another role."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/the-hayne-explain-stuart-calls-jarryd-20110516-1ep4x.html

How good is it to have the footy back? When it seems like life is tearing us apart, it's good to know there's something that can bring us all together, something we can all completely agree upon. f**k Melbourne.

IFR33K

Coach
He can last the 80 if he strolls around in back play getting his breath back like he always did. It's not acceptable for a spine player.

Correct. If Hayne played with the same involvement and intensity as slater does, he’d be lucky to last just over half a game. That’s why I asked the question if anyone thinks bevan will chime in at fb.

Last year Tyrone Roberts started at fb for the titans in many games. Hayne was also overlooked for the fb role for Fiji.

When was the last time Hayne played fb consistently in a season?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would hayne have a fitness issue? ... he has been back in the nrl for best part of 2 years - he hasnt been out with injury .... if he has a fitness problem thwn he needs to get his finger out
Does a finger in make you less fit???? There was a method to Hoppa’s madness all those years ago.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Has French at the back really been the problem???? I’d say our forwards and lack of effort and intensity have been our biggest problems.

And French’s weaknesses on the wing will be far easier to expose, Hayne I just can’t see him lasting 80mins at the back these days. It’s like it’s game 3 and it’s back to 2014 again.

#jarrydball

Gronk

Staff member
Has French at the back really been the problem???? I’d say our forwards and lack of effort and intensity have been our biggest problems.

And French’s weaknesses on the wing will be far easier to expose, Hayne I just can’t see him lasting 80mins at the back these days. It’s like it’s game 3 and it’s back to 2014 again.

#jarrydball

Bev has scored a 1000 tries on the wing. Rather being worried about him getting ragged, we need to be more concerned that he does not get clean ball. Can you remember the last time you saw him burn anyone with his pace ? I can’t.

Free Bevan.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bev has scored a 1000 tries on the wing. Rather being worried about him getting ragged, we need to be more concerned that he does not get clean ball. Can you remember the last time you saw him burn anyone with his pace ? I can’t.

Free Bevan.
You could say that about all the backs in the first 2 rounds, and that won’t happens until ( sorry Strides) the forwards and the team pull their fingers out.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Free Bevan.
@Obscene Assassin made a good point that our halves play very direct and late at the line, which doesn’t allow French to use his only weapon...speed. Having A bigger body in Jarryd at the back should provide better tackle busting capabilities.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

#jarrydball

I don't think he has been that bad at all. Both the point Poi has been making is good, about Jennings / KA defending in their more natural side benefits from Hayne moving back there.

Obviously French on the wing, we don't have a winger that is good at rucking it out but he can score a try and he is pretty good defensively - he seems to make the right call more often then not.