What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I assumed he meant the Broncos would be paying full freight.
Well that's the way he'll spin it now. I did send him a follow up post to clarify yesterday

Edit - actually I posted twice reiterating my view that he was suggesting we pay for Norman to play for Brisbane. He responded to the first and never refuted that claim. Perhaps he will in 3 or 4 days time when he faxes in his posts

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I assumed he meant the Broncos would be paying full freight.
I thought that too, however I might be simple and not understand why if we gave Norman to the Bronco's at full freight (i.e. them paying his whole 2019 salary) why they would then be encouraged to give us TPJ.

Maybe I was just having a Ram moment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good point. More importantly, why would the Broncos have any influence on what TPJ does after this year other than offering him the money he wants to stay?

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought that too, however I might be simple and not understand why if we gave Norman to the Bronco's at full freight (i.e. them paying his whole 2019 salary) why they would then be encouraged to give us TPJ.

Maybe I was just having a Ram moment.

The whole post was a meaningless mess that contradicted whatever point it was trying to make with questionable logic tbh.

So fairly typical Glenneel

Djay

Juniors
If we miss the eight it'll be due to injury. Forwards don't replace outside backs you muppet. We bought the best one available and he has been injured.

You would've tipped us to miss the eight last year as well.
I can’t say I agree. Your either good enough or not. The Warriors, Tigers, Sharks have all had sustained periods with key players out and they are all doing just fine. That’s an excuse plain and simple, the team we have been putting on the field has been good enough to win more then 2 games. Just watching our plays and the way we are playing we aren’t even close to being a top 8 team, we can’t defend and we struggle to create points, we are out of ideas and like I have said everyone has improved while we haven’t.

In saying that we have been good enough to win more then 2 games,
not enough to be top 8 contenders but we are obviously lacking in our forwards and hooking position.

Injuries have not helped us but we had a full team from weeks 1-3 and still couldn’t find ways to win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can’t say I agree. Your either good enough or not. The Warriors, Tigers, Sharks have all had sustained periods with key players out and they are all doing just fine. That’s an excuse plain and simple, the team we have been putting on the field has been good enough to win more then 2 games. Just watching our plays and the way we are playing we aren’t even close to being a top 8 team, we can’t defend and we struggle to create points, we are out of ideas and like I have said everyone has improved while we haven’t.

In saying that we have been good enough to win more then 2 games,
not enough to be top 8 contenders but we are obviously lacking in our forwards and hooking position.

Injuries have not helped us but we had a full team from weeks 1-3 and still couldn’t find ways to win.
Weeks 1-3 we didn’t have Gutherson or Williams, and King was still being rewarded for last year's form. Hayne and Evans were both injured during the round 3 game. Plus the Manly flogging proved we had some attitude issues at the start of the year, unless you think they're a 50 point better team than we are.

We have since fixed our attitude and now have other issues affecting our form, not least of which is our high injury toll.

TheRam

Coach
Seriously, some really think buying players is as simple as going to the local supermarket, getting what ever you want and putting it all on the credit card........

Or reality is that some think that consistently attracting the best players is only possible when you have the best people in charge, so when most other things are about equal(money), we are considered the more attractive option.

Just saying. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good sling shit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Or reality is that some think that consistently attracting the best players is only possible when you have the best people in charge, so when most other things are about equal(money), we are considered the more attractive option.

Just saying. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good sling shit.

Just saying BA’s career path now is probably totally dependent on the next 12 months.

If he stuffs up, he will probably be an assistant coach for the rest of his career. If he succeeds and the turns the eels around he probably going to earn $1 million for a few more years.

So do you really thinking he is sitting around makin f**k all effort trying to recruit talent?

Or do you think he is looking at every possible combination in trying to get the best possible talent available within the salary cap rules?

emjaycee

Coach
Cpul
Just saying BA’s career path now is probably totally dependent on the next 12 months.

If he stuffs up, he will probably be an assistant coach for the rest of his career. If he succeeds and the turns the eels around he probably going to earn $1 million for a few more years.

So do you really thinking he is sitting around makin f**k all effort trying to recruit talent?

Or do you think he is looking at every possible combination in trying to get the best possible talent available within the salary cap rules?
Could he be looking at every combination to make f**k all effort?

EelsFan05

Bench
Getting rid of Edwards and the move the make Norman less central to our attack (plus allegedly offering him to other clubs) are evidence that Arthur is identifying weaknesses and attempting to improve the team.
I agree with this. The problem I see with Arthur is he takes him too long to identify weaknesses and make/attempt to make changes. Be it roster, tactics or otherwise.

Simple thing being taking penalty shots. It was apparent after round one that it was an effective tactic with the slew of penalties being dished out. We did start taking shots at goal until recently, if we even have..

Gazzamatta

Coach
Getting rid of Edwards and the move the make Norman less central to our attack (plus allegedly offering him to other clubs) are evidence that Arthur is identifying weaknesses and attempting to improve the team.
Master stroke by BA getting Kenny to drive without a license and then hide it for a month without either of them telling Bernie. Now this is the proactive planning our club needs more of. Sorry Poo. Couldnt resist.

TheRam

Coach

No of course he isn't just sitting around. You people and you outlandish statements to discredit, only to make yourselves sound even more foolish.

The issue is is he competent enough to actually identify exactly what the problems are and then move the players that are surplus to requirement without damaging the psyche of the remaining players. This is a very delicate procedure and we really need to get it right. If he cuts the wrong players it can be as damaging as not buying quality over the next 9 months or so.

He must then have the personality and skills to be able to convince the quality players on the market that when everything else is more or less equal, that he and his club are the best option for them.

We will see.

Stevie

Bench

Very well said.