What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
So Peter Wallace retires due to chronic injuries before 30th June, releasing approx 50% of his cap value for the rest of the year in time for Penrith to sign a mid-season transfer. And Wallace moves immediately onto the coaching staff and gets paid no less than his 2018 contract value I am sure.

Nice move Gus.

I am outraged by this - unless Beau Scott does the same thing.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree re Brown. Never seen Schneider play but I hear good things.

Was more a comment on a poster who has pretty much never seen either lifting them up as saviours of the club

You f**king Moron. I take into account what guys post on here and selection in rep teams. And also the fact that ckubs seem to do well when have a decent number of juniors representing them.

hindy111

Post Whore
So Peter Wallace retires due to chronic injuries before 30th June, releasing approx 50% of his cap value for the rest of the year in time for Penrith to sign a mid-season transfer. And Wallace moves immediately onto the coaching staff and gets paid no less than his 2018 contract value I am sure.

Nice move Gus.

He will still train JUST incase of injuries.

The duke is wise

Stevie

Bench
I am outraged by this - unless Beau Scott does the same thing.

They said on the news that Penrith and staff have known he has no cartilage in his ACL and its been bone on bone for 2 years but Wallace asked to keep it out of the press. Its hardly a new injury.

emjaycee

Coach
They said on the news that Penrith and staff have known he has no cartilage in his ACL and its been bone on bone for 2 years but Wallace asked to keep it out of the press. Its hardly a new injury.

Not sure of the relevance in your comment re: new injury.
Retiring doesn't need to be a new injury, nor does cancellation of contract with the NRL.
The only entity concerned about new vs pre-existing injuries are insurance companies and they arent in this conversation... yet.

Stevie

Bench
Not sure of the relevance in your comment re: new injury.
Retiring doesn't need to be a new injury, nor does cancellation of contract with the NRL.
The only entity concerned about new vs pre-existing injuries are insurance companies and they arent in this conversation... yet.
Oh sorry. I thought if it was retirement you needed to prove it wasn't pre existing otherwise you'd still have it on your cap despite them not playing.

Gronk

Staff member

Or ... cheap as chips Tongan International Sione Katoa has progressed great from NYC to ISP and is now ready for regular FG.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Wallace is still training in case he is needed (heard it on the news), then surely he still has an active NRL contract and the panthers will receive no benefit from him retiring - they have to keep a spot for him, they can’t change contract terms (thus him retiring and only signing on if required) and players can’t sign after 1July (thus panthers would need to keep contract in place, as they won’t know if they him or not )

That certainly sounds something to really look forward to.
When does anyone think either Brown or Schneider could debut for ISP? Next year? Later this season?

As already mentioned Schneider had surgery this year on a shoulder otherwise i believe would of been playing NYC right now.
Brown just returned from injury and i believe will be given game time possibly this year if not 100% next year.
With Schneider alot will depend on who Parra keep and who they move on.
But ill say this with both kids even though only 18yo
Dylan Brown - Halve - 5/8 - FullBack
Kyle Schneider - Hooker
I'm hearing both boys are doing Nrl preseason this year at seasons end. If this is the case i cant see the club not wanting these players in there future plans and see them potentially playing first grade at some stage in the future. Why else would they be doing NRL preseason at 18yo.?

TheRam

Coach
As already mentioned Schneider had surgery this year on a shoulder otherwise i believe would of been playing NYC right now.
Brown just returned from injury and i believe will be given game time possibly this year if not 100% next year.
With Schneider alot will depend on who Parra keep and who they move on.
But ill say this with both kids even though only 18yo
Dylan Brown - Halve - 5/8 - FullBack
Kyle Schneider - Hooker
I'm hearing both boys are doing Nrl preseason this year at seasons end. If this is the case i cant see the club not wanting these players in there future plans and see them potentially playing first grade at some stage in the future. Why else would they be doing NRL preseason at 18yo.?

It's strange that anyone(you) would be querying whether either of these two players would be in our clubs future plans. Why wouldn't they be exactly the type of player that you make sure have every opportunity to succeed in Blue and Gold?

But I suppose with all the horrendously bad retention decisions previously made by the club throughout the decades, it makes sense that even the most loyalist "go along to get along" supporters would feel that way.

But yeah, from the very little I have seen of Brown, he looks a great prospect. I hope Schneider is too.

If Wallace is still training in case he is needed (heard it on the news), then surely he still has an active NRL contract and the panthers will receive no benefit from him retiring - they have to keep a spot for him, they can’t change contract terms (thus him retiring and only signing on if required) and players can’t sign after 1July (thus panthers would need to keep contract in place, as they won’t know if they him or not )

Players can sign after July 1 if they don't have an existing playing contract (i.e. they are a free agent).

But obviously, this is a bit non-standard....if they are overtly stating that he might come back, then that doesn't sound too much like retirement.