What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Hannant & Eastwood played representative football before Poore & Tolman like Poore had won a premiership. My point is likely at the time we jumped in to signing the "best" available player without doing due diligence. And LOL at you bringing up how people were stoked at the time of any signing as an argument to signing any player. Who was the last player you were glad we signed?

You're the f**king one whinging how we're never the best, but then want to just sign players because they are better than what we have, BUT THEY'RE NOT THE f**kING BEST. We'd sign your f**king homo crush Lodge to $700k for 4 years and then you'd bitch on ad nauseum about how we didn't sign Campbell-Gillard or whoever next season.

So maybe you should cleanse your :eek: after filling it with your angry f**k, old man jizz before you write. De nada amigo

I didn't suggest that we sign players because it is popular with fans and you know it. Nathan Brown and now Junior Paulo.

Never said anything of the sort, but hey, whatever. Good luck with whatever you got going on there.

Hasta la vista...Dropkick.

84 Baby

Referee
I didn't suggest that we sign players because it is popular with fans and you know it. Nathan Brown and now Junior Paulo.

Never said anything of the sort, but hey, whatever. Good luck with whatever you got going on there.

Hasta la vista...Dropkick.
You said people were happy with Poore signing insinuating that you were too, now at least you are stating you were happy with Paulo & Brown signings, it's just hard to pick that out of the endless bemoaning from you of every other signing or non-signing we make.

I apologise. You said $600k for Lodge. And then you would whinge because we didn't sign whomever was your flavour of the year next year

TheRam

Coach
You said people were happy with Poore signing insinuating that you were too, now at least you are stating you were happy with Paulo & Brown signings, it's just hard to pick that out of the endless bemoaning from you of every other signing or non-signing we make.

I apologise. You said $600k for Lodge. And then you would whinge because we didn't sign whomever was your flavour of the year next year

Sure mate. That's all I do. Or maybe what's closer to the truth is that people like me and Hindy make many suggestions of how we could improve at all levels of the club, but then get hammered by people that have different views.

They are all just opinions in the end mate.

84 Baby

Referee
Sure mate. That's all I do. Or maybe what's closer to the truth is that people like me and Hindy make many suggestions of how we could improve at all levels of the club, but then get hammered by people that have different views.

Because you ignore alternate views and write off any reasonable basis for discussion as "excuses".
Just go back and read our current "conversation" and tell me which of us inflamed the situation and they try and derive a common denominator between that and other hysterical arguments you've had probably in every facet of your life.
We not mates. If we were, maybe I'd put up with your gibberish. Or I'd have jobbed you one

TheRam

Coach
Because you ignore alternate views and write off any reasonable basis for discussion as "excuses".
Just go back and read our current "conversation" and tell me which of us inflamed the situation and they try and derive a common denominator between that and other hysterical arguments you've had probably in every facet of your life.
We not mates. If we were, maybe I'd put up with your gibberish. Or I'd have jobbed you one

Racist.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Watmough and Scott were always going to be dud signings.
No they weren't. We needed experience and leadership and they provided it. They were also still first graders.
Coach f**ked up there. It's just that people like you have no idea and a million excuses as to why a coach ALWAYS knows better.

And if that were anywhere near true, there wouldn't be a single coach sacking EVERRRRR!
Coaches aren't sacked because of what they do or don't know. They are sacked because organisational dynamics change as the senior player group evolves.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you look at the games we won (not sure about Cows game as didn't see it) our forwards actually pass the ball. Once they had the ascendency they pass, trouble is we get dominated too often and the passing goes out the window and we run one out without support. Regards Alvaro he rarely passes but when he does its usually a surprise to the opposition and something comes out of it. He'd be a much better forward if he did it more regularly and judicially once he draws in a few defenders.
Watmough, Scott and Jennings also played Origin the year we signed them.

Name 10 of pur big money signings. And 10 moderate ones.
Who ended up the better?

Foran
Watmough
Jennings
Sandow
Norman
Poore
Hoppa
Scott
Evans
Hayne 2

Has any really been great? Not too many. Moses is debatable as a win or flop at this stage.

Big money signings are risky . Always have and will be.

TheRam

Coach
No they weren't. We needed experience and leadership and they provided it. They were also still first graders.

Coaches aren't sacked because of what they do or don't know. They are sacked because organisational dynamics change as the senior player group evolves.

Or reality is that they aren't good enough at what they do at the level that is needed to be a long term successful NRL coach. Which isn't to dissimilar to all professions and the people that do them. There are some great plumbers, some good plumbers, some average plumbers and of course some bad plumbers.

At the moment I believe we have an average plumber.

hindy111

Post Whore

We will rise Ram once some juniors start to come through. Id like Tapu for about 600k but not more. When the Dogs let him go I wanted him, Manly got the value.
We need to be the team getting the value like we did with Brown and Gutherson.
And pay our juniors the big dollars once earnt it. Sad thing is we have none worht paying big dollars to keep.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or reality is that they aren't good enough at what they do at the level that is needed to be a long term successful NRL coach. Which isn't to dissimilar to all professions and the people that do them. There are some great plumbers, some good plumbers, some average plumbers and of course some bad plumbers.

At the moment I believe we have an average plumber.
Can you think of any average (or worse) coaches who won premierships?

2017: Bellamy
2016: Flanagan
2015: Green
2014: Maguire
2013: Robinson
2012: Bellamy
2011: Hasler
2010: Bennett
2009: no merkin
2008: Hasler
2007: no merkin
2006: Bennett
2005: Sheens
2004: Folkes
2003: Lang
2002: Stuart
2001: Hagan
2000: Bennett
1999: Anderson
1998: Bennett

The bloke whose name appears most in that list said that the team's senior players are more important to success than the coach. I'd suggest that plenty of those premiership winners could have won with any NRL level coach at the helm. Hagan and f**king Stuart ffs. Hasler and Maguire got sacked and no other club picked them up. Hasler has won two premierships ffs. Paul f**king Green? He gets Thurston and Scott back from injury and suddenly he's forgotten how to coach?!? I think too many people are very quick to give all the blame and credit to the coach.