What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Roosters already have Cordner, are getting Chrighton and now want TPJ? Talk about a salary Sombrero.
Apparently Roosters can do it but not us. Yes lets not buy a gun but stick with all our great forwards, best way to win a premiership according to Josh.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Apparently Roosters can do it but not us. Yes lets not buy a gun but stick with all our great forwards, best way to win a premiership according to Josh.

Well even last night against a top 4 side in the first half (before their injuries) our forwards did a pretty decent job, and we still have Manu, Alvaro, Mannah, Evans, Paulo, Lane and maybe some others to be added to that pack for next year .......along with Kafusi, Stone, Mahoney and Marata getting better with experience....

Gronk

Staff member
Well even last night against a top 4 side in the first half (before their injuries) our forwards did a pretty decent job, and we still have Manu, Alvaro, Mannah, Evans, Paulo, Lane and maybe some others to be added to that pack for next year .......along with Kafusi, Stone, Mahoney and Marata getting better with experience....
Marata was lethal on that right edge last night. Same with Tep on the left.

Gronk

Staff member
Kikau is lethal
That storm prop is lethal
Tamoulolo is lethal.

Nikauore is at present ok. Hardly lethal. Yet to see him bust the line or produce a good offload.

He is never going to be a Kikau or Tomololololololololo. He could be as good as Boyd Cordner as he has a high work rate and can do long minutes. So you think that he is nothing better than ok ? I must have my blue and gold glasses on.

Chipmunk

Coach
He is never going to be a Kikau or Tomololololololololo. He could be as good as Boyd Cordner as he has a high work rate and can do long minutes. So you think that he is nothing better than ok ? I must have my blue and gold glasses on.

I think you do have blue and gold glasses on.

He's going Ok, but I'd say Moeroa was going better after the same number of games in the NRL.

He's got a fair way to go for mine, but I doubt he's costing a lot at this point.

emjaycee

Coach
When was Musgrave signed? Thought he was on someone's wish list? Is he injured this year or playing so poorly he can't make Souths team?
Despite strong mail we had signed Musgrave, am thinking it may have been premature. Wasnt able to get confirmation last night despite trying.

Did hear that at least 1 forward from last night who is off contract is going around again next year.

emjaycee

Coach
When was Musgrave signed? Thought he was on someone's wish list? Is he injured this year or playing so poorly he can't make Souths team?
Oh and Musgrave has failed to make Sths top grade this year because of 3 reasons... injury, G Burgess and T Burgess. Neither has been injured and both have been in good form.

Chipmunk

Coach
If we're going to have Moses or Norman in the team, then we need what I can only describe as a calming/settling/organising influence as their halves partner.

Salmon may be that half one day, but he is only 19 and outside of Cleary and Pearce, very few young halves (under say 22 years of age) have been able to perform consistently in the NRL in the last 15 years. I'm sure it's no coincidence that both of those players fathers were also NRL players and coaches who would have provided excellent daily advice to both players.

Salmon is probably 3 years away from being the player we want him to be. I think we would expect too much from Dylan Brown to be great at a young age also.

Good current 'calming/settling/organising' halves partners in the NRL I would describe as Cronk, Chad Townsend, Blake Green, Adam Reynolds, Nathan Cleary, Mitchell Pearce, Ben Hunt, and at his best, Keiran Foran. However, most of these took a number of years of NRL experience to be able to be consistent. I'd put Moses and Norman in the creative off the cuff style of Moylan, Maloney, Shaun Johnson, Luke Keary, DCE, Munster, Milford, Austin, Benji. These halves might win you plenty of games, but without the calming/settling/organising influence are they going to win you a comp?

Dibs

Bench
Well first we need some strategy to score tries. We'll still lose looking at last nites attack, they had nfi in opposition's 20.
I said we need to get deathriders excited, hard but possible, I don’t think Bernie with 1/2 a kg of coke and a room full of hookers would get you excited.

Delboy

First Grade
Despite strong mail we had signed Musgrave, am thinking it may have been premature. Wasnt able to get confirmation last night despite trying.

Did hear that at least 1 forward from last night who is off contract is going around again next year.
I heard from a pretty good source that we decided to look at other possibilities, not sure if it was his injury or other issues.