What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Despite strong mail we had signed Musgrave, am thinking it may have been premature. Wasnt able to get confirmation last night despite trying.

Did hear that at least 1 forward from last night who is off contract is going around again next year.

Gower. In his interview during the week, he spoke of Hayne playing next year would be great for “us”, “we” would love to have him etc.

Chipmunk

Coach
I dont think he is minimum wage, but you need guys like him at the club. After footy I hope we keep in as well or he gets a gig at the RLPA. He is tertiary qualified in a few business disciplines and certainly no dumb plumber.

How much above minimum wage do you reckon he'd be on? Minimum wage is $100k this year and $105k next year. I don't think many clubs would be interested in him.

Gronk

Staff member
How much above minimum wage do you reckon he'd be on? Minimum wage is $100k this year and $105k next year. I don't think many clubs would be interested in him.

I don’t get involved with guessing what players earn. Other than to say that he definitely worth having around for depth and leadership and he certainly should be paid more than some punk who still lives with mum and dad.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I dont think he is minimum wage, but you need guys like him at the club. After footy I hope we keep in as well or he gets a gig at the RLPA. He is tertiary qualified in a few business disciplines and certainly no dumb plumber.
I reckon you are spot on Gronky. Having Gower onboard post footy would be the driving factor behind retaining him if indeed we do.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don’t get involved with guessing what players earn. Other than to say that he definitely worth having around for depth and leadership and he certainly should be paid more than some punk who still lives with mum and dad.

The guys who live with Mum and Dad are the 27-30 money, which is what I would classify as below minimum wage. I think they're $85k... I'd say in our current team that would be your Niukore, Davis, Salmon and whoever from that Development list we put in the Top 30 before 30 June.

If we're going to have Moses or Norman in the team, then we need what I can only describe as a calming/settling/organising influence as their halves partner.

Salmon may be that half one day, but he is only 19 and outside of Cleary and Pearce, very few young halves (under say 22 years of age) have been able to perform consistently in the NRL in the last 15 years. I'm sure it's no coincidence that both of those players fathers were also NRL players and coaches who would have provided excellent daily advice to both players.

Salmon is probably 3 years away from being the player we want him to be. I think we would expect too much from Dylan Brown to be great at a young age also.

Good current 'calming/settling/organising' halves partners in the NRL I would describe as Cronk, Chad Townsend, Blake Green, Adam Reynolds, Nathan Cleary, Mitchell Pearce, Ben Hunt, and at his best, Keiran Foran. However, most of these took a number of years of NRL experience to be able to be consistent. I'd put Moses and Norman in the creative off the cuff style of Moylan, Maloney, Shaun Johnson, Luke Keary, DCE, Munster, Milford, Austin, Benji. These halves might win you plenty of games, but without the calming/settling/organising influence are they going to win you a comp?

I dont dissagree with what you are saying at all.

But i will say this.! Dylan brown is already better in the halves than Salmon is. Dylan brown has the complete game, Kicking, running very fast & very creative.

If Dylan wasn't a year and a bit younger than Salmon, Dylan would of played Nrl all ready.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
All i am saying is this. Yes Salmon is young and only at the start of his career. He works hard in defence and is still finding his place in the team. Long term i think he will be a back rower / Center.

Dylan Brown is all quality..

Salmons a footballer no doubt about it but I think he’s future would be on the edge...

JokerEel

Coach
Salmons a footballer no doubt about it but I think he’s future would be on the edge...

Finished off on the edge last night.

Marta has been pretty good so far aggressive in defense. He could keep Manu on the bench next season.

Tepai also defended great last night in the middle maybe have him come off the bench part of the front row rotation...

Was good to see Oregon get a game shame Stone had to play Hooker though.

Latest posts