What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Earlier in the year, Market Watch reported that Cronulla veteran Luke Lewis had been spoken of as a recruitment target should they lose Rochow.

Rochow is being chased by Parramatta and yet to discuss a new deal with the Knights.

“I spoke with Robbie a while ago and we thought it was probably in both parties’ interest that he come back playing,” coach Nathan Brown said.

“We’ve stayed by that and Robbie’s keen to get back out there and playing again.”
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ above link

Hopefully Mansour waits until this Semi drama unfolds.

ROOSTERS TARGET MANSOUR PUTS BLUES FIRST

Penrith winger Josh Mansour has placed contract talks on hold until after the State of Origin period, amid a link to the Roosters.

In camp for his second game representing the Blues, the winger revealed to Market Watch that he’s so focused on his performance in game two that he won’t make a decision on his future until after July 6.

“I had a chat with (my manager) and we spoke about (my future),” he said.

“He wants me to remain focused on this. He knows how important me being part of the Origin team is. It’s my first (series) here so he wants me to be as focused as I can be for it.

“I really wanted to just focus on this period of the year. You don’t really get too many chances to be in this position, especially after the way the first game ended.

“I’m going to have to prepare for a very big game in Queensland. It’s not going to easy so hopefully after Origin I’ll get all that sorted.”

The 25-year-old admitted that while in camp with the Blues, contract talks are the furthest thing from his mind but the two weeks in between camps can be distracting.

Mansour has recently been linked to the Roosters, with the club able to accommodate the star winger after releasing Joe Burgess (Rabbitohs) and Brendan Eliott (Knights).

They also reportedly have $600,000 in this year’s salary cap to play with, which they can use to bring some star power to the club.

While it’s understood Mansour’s preference is to stay with the Panthers, money is tight following the signing of James Tamou and upgrading a host of talented youngsters such as Bryce Cartwright and James Fisher-Harris.

The Panthers met with Newcastle back Nathan Ross last week with Anthony Griffin searching for an outside back who won’t command top dollar.

This leaves Mansour in a difficult spot.

With his fiancé Daniella to consider and a wedding to plan and pay for, the former Australian representative has plenty on his plate.

“Outside of camp, it does come across your mind a bit,” he said.

“I’ve got a fiancé. I’m getting married this year so it is a big deal and a big decision I’ve got to make for the next couple of years.

“It does come across my head but I have to remain composed and worry about my footy.”

Mansour’s Panthers teammate Bryce Cartwright is signed with the club until the end of 2018 and admits he may have to have a word to the winger while in NSW camp, in a bid to convince him to stay.

“Fingers crossed he does sign with us,” Cartwright said.

“He’s a great player and an even better bloke so I might have to start talking to him and try and get him to stay.

“I’d love to see him stay but he’s got to do what’s best for him.”

Kornstar

Coach
What the f**k is going on? I assume Semi, although being very good at football is not the sharpest tool in the shed?

I may be in the minority but I don't give a shit if he doesn't come back. I understand he is awesome and all that but if he truly doesn't want to play for us and wants to chase the money then get rid of him not rather than have speculation every time the guy leaves the f**king country!!

Gronk

Staff member
What the f**k is going on? I assume Semi, although being very good at football is not the sharpest tool in the shed?

I may be in the minority but I don't give a shit if he doesn't come back. I understand he is awesome and all that but if he truly doesn't want to play for us and wants to chase the money then get rid of him not rather than have speculation every time the guy leaves the f**king country!!

Pretty sure he has three options:-

1. Play for Eels until end 2017
2. Pay Eels damages, or
2. Sit the remainder of 2016 +17 out.

Dogs took SBW to court and were granted an injunction preventing SBW from playing for Toulon.

http://www.claytonutz.com/publicati...ulldogs_rugby_league_club_ltd_v_williams.page

natheel

Coach
France can pay us 500k and they can have him!

How about we get them to pay us how much is going on top of the cap?

Getting ridiculous. Every time he leaves we are going to have this drama? If so he can go. Chase Josh Mansour

eels_fan

First Grade
Damages likely wouldn't amount to much if the reported $250k contract is correct. Less than a season and a half to play. Wouldn't even get an equivalent strike winger for that amount for a season.

We'd also lose the 'guaranteed' TPA values off our cap next year despite him not being here or so it seems

natheel

Coach
So after reading the article

His quotes are

"I don't know what I'm doing yet"

"I'm just here talking it through my my family"

"I'm here just to have a break"

After actually reading the article I think the headline is a little misleading.

His relationship has broken down and they're considering bringing his father to Australia for semi to care for him

Who wouldn't honestly need a break. Semi obviously thinks he's needed more at home by his father and that has been the case a long time. Remember his interview for footy show saying "he would. Love to care for his father but his father keeps telling him to play football"

natheel

Coach
I would have preferred "it's a beat up. I love this club. I will be honouring my contract."

Of course but honestly we don't know the line of questioning to semi. I mean she flew to Suva and only got those quotes? What a cracker of a reporter

Gronk

Staff member
Of course but honestly we don't know the line of questioning to semi. I mean she flew to Suva and only got those quotes? What a cracker of a reporter

True

Reporter: Semi are you going to have steak or fish for dinner ?

Semi:" I dont know what I'm doing yet."

IFR33K

Coach
So after reading the article

His quotes are

"I don't know what I'm doing yet"

"I'm just here talking it through my my family"

"I'm here just to have a break"

After actually reading the article I think the headline is a little misleading.

His relationship has broken down and they're considering bringing his father to Australia for semi to care for him

Who wouldn't honestly need a break. Semi obviously thinks he's needed more at home by his father and that has been the case a long time. Remember his interview for footy show saying "he would. Love to care for his father but his father keeps telling him to play football"

Agree 100%. There isn't much in those quotes. I'm sure jurnos are twisting words just for click baits sake.

We will find out either way next week, if he doesn't come back there is not much we can do about it.
I feel for the kid, his dad is quiet sick and he is a flight, then boat trip, swim and hike away if things turn for the worse.
But if he goes to France he'll be 3 Flights plus all the rest away.
Maybe his manager has bills to pay, who knows.

f there's any chance that Semi is signing with a French rugby team then we just pull the subs contract from the Frenchies, forcing the Frenchie government to kill the deal.

Simple.

Latest posts