What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I was given Vaughan's name on Friday from somewon (sic) inside the club...
To put the conversation into context, we were discussing our current squad and signings and the person I was talking to said "imagine adding Paul Vaughan to that, it wouldn't matter who our backs were".

So nothing solid, but obviously we are considering him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All of those players would be better than Pritchard playing as a battering ram, which is what he was used as most often this year.
He f**king wasn't merkin. The majority of his runs came after a quick play-the-ball, no different to if he had run from dummy half. The few times he did run as a battering ram were memorable because he goes so hard he gets spectacularly smashed. But the circumstances in which he received the ball were very different to when Mannah or Alvaro took theirs.

Chipmunk

Coach
He f**king wasn't merkin. The majority of his runs came after a quick play-the-ball, no different to if he had run from dummy half. The few times he did run as a battering ram were memorable because he goes so hard he gets spectacularly smashed. But the circumstances in which he received the ball were very different to when Mannah or Alvaro took theirs.

We'd still be better off with a bigger body playing that role for 10 mins per game, which is what Pritchard was being used for.

We'd get alot more out of the situation if Vave was there to take the run instead.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We'd still be better off with a bigger body playing that role for 10 mins per game, which is what Pritchard was being used for.

We'd get alot more out of the situation if Vave was there to take the run instead.
I think Vave will be taking earlier runs against set defensive lines. Pritchard can come on to help cover Vave's lack of mobility in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the Cowboys don't use their most damaging middle forward (Taumalolo) against set defensive lines, why would we be doing it?
Because we're not the Cowboys. But you could be right. We might use him the way we used Paulo (and the way Canberra use him) - to target spot defenders. But we're still better off using Pritchard to target gaps around the middle. Bevan French can't be everywhere.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Isn't Vaughan still on contract next season??? I'm sure they will have to pay some of his freight next season. The guys only 25 and still got his best footy in front of him. Massive yes from me.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I know it's a step below NRL, but I'm impressed - particularly at his attitude and commitment in defence.

I think we might have a star of the future here...

its a huge step

I watched the second half of the QC Final last weekend and the defense is really terrible and these guys were the top 2 teams

Isn't Vaughan still on contract next season??? I'm sure they will have to pay some of his freight next season. The guys only 25 and still got his best footy in front of him. Massive yes from me.

Just because he's still on-contract doesn't mean that the Raiders will have to pay part of his freight. He's unlikely to be on a huge salary, and if other clubs reckon he's worth at least that, they'll pay it. IIRC we were sort of interested in Vaughan last time he renewed (maybe late 2014?).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just because he's still on-contract doesn't mean that the Raiders will have to pay part of his freight. He's unlikely to be on a huge salary, and if other clubs reckon he's worth at least that, they'll pay it. IIRC we were sort of interested in Vaughan last time he renewed (maybe late 2014?).
I heard he was on over 400k, which is over's for next year IMO. Which is why he is the one to go from their front row.