What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
Yeh, but I think that initial decision was made at a time when our ongoing cap commitments on the rest of the squad were quite different to what they are now (e.g. Foran is now gone, Watmough's cap treatment was uncertain). As always, comes down to price
FFS barry dont encourage ray to get involved again

Stevie

Bench
Farrah saw that Peats had a serious shoulder injury and was like "weeeeeeee, another 90k this season".

forward pass

Coach
The guy is always injured plus he would want a kings ransom to return. A good defensive rake but his attack is no better than IDG. Pass.

I'm with you Gazza. I thought I was the only poster on here who thinks Peats is ridiculously over rated. Good defender and plenty of heart, but absolutely no running game whatsoever. There are plenty of better rakes out there.

emjaycee

Coach
When Peats was let go I was informed and (IIRC) posted on here that BA was dis-satisfied with some of his off-field attitude and the influence it had on others and these were the things that were leading to us not extending him into 2017+ and hence why we were ok to ask him to leave early.

I heard in NZ that there is a thought now that his attitude has improved immensely (sp) and he has matured somewhat and that we (BA and coaching staff) would probably take another gamble on him. Of course any recent injury may well put paid to that view.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Hhhhhmmm Peatsy ay. I'm in two minds whether i would want him back or not.

Similar to Hayne.

On one hand he is a good player, better than what we currently have and it would be great to have him back in the team after what happened last year.

On the other hand, he is injury prone and would probably want big bucks.

Hhhhhmmmmm..

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
As for him saying he wants to re-sign with the Titans, he could well do. I actually think he will.

Although, i remember back in 07 when Tahu was saying he didn't want to go to Rugby, then not long after he signs with the Waratahs/ARU.

So who knows.

emjaycee

Coach
As for him saying he wants to re-sign with the Titans, he could well do. I actually think he will.

Although, i remember back in 07 when Tahu was saying he didn't want to go to Rugby, then not long after he signs with the Waratahs/ARU.

So who knows.

I reckon Peats' comments about re-signing with the Titans was partially in response to Hayne's recent outburst about not knowing if we was going to be there in 2018. The Titans needed some positive press about their future roster and Peats provided that.

Not to say he doesn't want to stay there however that doesn't preclude the fact he may also want to return to Sydney.

strider

Post Whore
I reckon Peats' comments about re-signing with the Titans was partially in response to Hayne's recent outburst about not knowing if we was going to be there in 2018. The Titans needed some positive press about their future roster and Peats provided that.

Not to say he doesn't want to stay there however that doesn't preclude the fact he may also want to return to Sydney.
yeah I think theres a good chance that he wants to stay there or not stay there

;)

strider

Post Whore
players say all sorts of stuff during contract negotiations - its not all black and white ...... and i'm sure media selectively quote certain things and put spin on things at times too

I'm a bit indifferent to the possibility of Peats returning ..... I think he's a good player, though not as good as some make out .... I don't think injuries have been kind to his career

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Might have been the case up until yesterday.... but with today's news that he's succumbed to another shoulder injury and would have missed the entire season if he went down the surgery path, I'd be a little hesitant at the minute...
having injury issues in an off contract year should drop his price considerably. Just like being suspended for f**kery during negotiations let us keep Norman on the cheap.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Being injury prone there won't actually be too much demand for him. The market will decide what he's worth, not Peats.
Agreed. We are no longer the shitstain of the NRL, willing to pay ludicrous $ for injury prone plodders.

If we genuinely believe that he is 'injury prone' then we won't be offering as much as other clubs (assuming we actually offer anything).

The Colonel

Immortal
I would look at Manaia Cherrington before Peats. He has been unlucky with injury, but is a decent defender and has a better than good passing and running game. With the likes of Jayden Brailey, Daniel Mortimer and possibly James Segeyaro ahead of him at the Sharks he could be enticed over. He should have stayed at the Tigers and been playing first grade if not for injury and for Farah.

I would also be looking at Brailey and Sione Katoa before chasing Peats but that's just me.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Another thing with peats is, he may want to come home to be near his mum. Think she lives on the central coast and is being treated for an illness.

Last edited:

Latest posts