What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Wait until Twal gets a few more years under his belt and a bit more meat on his bones and he will be pushing for an Origin spot

Vic Mackey

Referee
Did Eels fans say that about Twal. He looks young so I suppose we just have to see how he goes.

Yep

When we signed him they all said ‘no loss, not big enough to have an impact in first grade’

If he went to Parra today he would be their best forward LOL

Das Hassler

Bench
Twal is just starting to get a bit of mongrel about his game....his fitness and strength are getting right up there and it seems as if he's coming out of his shell....he's playing like he understands that he can be a dominant NRL forward and not just a second stringer. Early days still but this guy could end up being the leader of the pack. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people how he comes out of the next off season. ...stronger and with an earned confidence

Oh...and satisfying to know that he came to us as a "failed the audition at Parra" plodder

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Official Tigers forum describes Clark as a “plodder”..,

Probably means then he will go Ok..

Signed through to the end of 2020 I notice though...

Clark comes on at 47 min in the Youtube clip.

Hard to really judge off one tape but not exactly best on ground stuff.

Jed Cartwright and Kaide Ellis much more damaging.

I don't think Felise will make it at NRL level because he is too short so it's probably worth drafting someone else in.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Wests Tigers announce player movements

Wests Tigers have today announced two player movements, with Matt McIlwrick to depart the club and Luke Garner to move into the Top 30 squad, both effective immediately.

McIlwrick, who joined Wests Tigers at the start of the 2017 season, has been released from the remainder of his contract to take up an opportunity at another club.

The 27 year old played 27 games for Wests Tigers over the last two seasons, scoring two tries.

Wests Tigers would like to thank Matt for his efforts while at the club and wish he and his wife well in the future.

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm that the club’s Intrust Super Premiership captain Luke Garner has moved into the Top 30 squad for the remainder of 2018, and has had his contract extended for a further two seasons.

The 22-year-old has been a standout for the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side since joining from the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in 2017, and recently helped the New South Wales Residents team to a dominant win over Queensland at ANZ Stadium.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary congratulated Garner on his new contract.

“Luke’s been a great success in our ISP team,” said Cleary. “He Captains the team and consistently plays well every week. We are delighted that we can sign him for the next two seasons, I’m sure we’ll see Luke in the NRL team in the future.”

Garner will captain the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side, Western Suburbs Magpies, on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval as they take on the St. George-Illawarra Dragons.

Thanks for the memories Matt!!

Perth Tiger

Bench
Well surely that must mean Garner will get a run in the next few weeks, otherwise there doesn't seem much point.

Hope Matty gets a gig somewhere else.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember watching him let Uate score 3 tries at LO last year. Can't believe he is still around.

when youve got a shit player you generally find they've got at least 1 redeeming feature i.e they're fast, good dummyhalf runs, solid under high ball etc.

i see absolutely nothing in malakis game that makes me think he can play first grade. hes slow, isnt strong out of our end, cant finish, shit hands, horrible defender. i just dont get it. im sure he trains hard and is a nice guy but f**k me. yesterday alone:

* 1st half gets the ball with the line open 5m out, its a half chance but most decent wingers finish it, he steps back in, gets smashed and loses it

* 1st half, last tackle defending, titans loose pass, he jumps on it uncontested and somehow knocks on. titans get 6 again and score

* 2nd half 7 mins to go down by 12, gets put in the clear, gets to within 10m of the line, gets tackled and drops it

Tiger Ted

Bench
Our season is over and our star recruit has been an absolute dud. He should get his body back in order and come back next season hopefully fit and firing.
3 more yrs @800k /season for this injury riddled impostor who I’ve never rated.One of many examples of Clearys shrewd recruiting !