What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BuffaloRules

Coach
Its 3 years with a 4th in our favour. 750k a year. Not overly overpriced.

If we retain teddy that makes life a lot easier for next year, as our spine will be set. There's plenty of cash left to buy forwards and a back or two

Sounds good re the option in the clubs favour for the last year....

I still can't even entertain the prospects of Teddy being retained at this stage...there is nothing worse then to have hope...

Shredder

Juniors
Teddy is gone.

Even if he back flips I reckon Ivan will not put another contract in front of him

Vozzy

Juniors
I think Reynolds is very similar player to moses. But he is a better version. Both are running halves but no as much skill. But Reynolds has a lot more heart then moses. Sometimes he has too much heart and crosses the line and becomes I'll disaplined. But with ball in hard he finds the line himself a lot more then moses he is bigger and has a better kicking game. His kick chase enthusiasm is good.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Word now is that Ivan is chasing Te Maire Martin.

I wonder if He's being looked at as a potential fullback?

Johnny88

Juniors
Word now is that Ivan is chasing Te Maire Martin.

I wonder if He's being looked at as a potential fullback?

Seems like there could be changes very soon.

Mitchell Moses will be released to Parramatta Eels if Wests Tigers land Te Maire Martin
Mitchell Moses could join the Parramatta Eels in the next fortnight as the Wests Tigers move to bring Panthers five-eighth Te Maire Martin back to the club this season.
It could all come to a head in the next 24 hours, allowing the Tigers and Eels to name their respective new signings before the Tuesday afternoon deadline for the 21-man squads.

While Martin is a player with enormous potential, there is a feeling at the foot of the mountains that the inexperienced halves combination with Nathan Cleary isn't working.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ers-land-te-maire-martin-20170424-gvrf93.html

Das Hassler

Bench
Injuries trump ( excuse the expression) the best layed plans of mice..men and coaches. Can't have too much quality depth...especially in the halves..Brooks..Reynolds and Martin ...sounds good

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Big no to TMM. He does have huge potential but the same problem at the Panthers will happen here. We need an experienced half to partner Brooks. Reynolds definitely has experience. Whether he works well with Brooks is a question mark but at least he will take a lot of pressure of Brooks

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this is a question of depth. Next year, aside from JLJ, what halves depth do we have?

Vic Mackey

Referee
When the names Foran, Widdop and Reynolds were initially being tossed up Reynolds was always the one I wanted. To me a character like him is exactly what this club needs. I know he cops a lot but at the end of the day he has played 5 origins and 2 grand finals, he is a winner. Brooks would still run the side and Reynolds chips in here and there when needed. I would be ecstatic if we signed him.

So looks like a good chance:

OUT: Tedesco, Moses, woods

IN: Lolohea, Reynolds Matiulino

Clifferd

Coach
I think Reynolds is very similar player to moses. But he is a better version. Both are running halves but no as much skill. But Reynolds has a lot more heart then moses. Sometimes he has too much heart and crosses the line and becomes I'll disaplined. But with ball in hard he finds the line himself a lot more then moses he is bigger and has a better kicking game. His kick chase enthusiasm is good.

Moses shows plenty of heart for the Tigers when he's on the field , evident in his last 3 performances. This coming from someone who absolutely hates his guts

I just think he chucks too many hissy fits which makes him look bad

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
750k for Reynolds is a lot but that is the going rate for halves these days. You never know, it might not be a cool 3 million, it might be 2.8 million which would make it 700k a year. Media love to blow these things up and 3 million reads better than 2.8 (if anyone questions you could just say you were rounding up).

I like Reynolds, but I am worried about his combination with Brooks. Reynolds plays at a million miles an hour so I just hope Brooks can stay composed. We also then need a kicker......

Well media saying we offered matulino 700k a season when it's actually 450k coming from a tigers official...shows how much they inflate

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing that the reason Woods and Tedesco are taking forever is because Roosters/Bulldogs have to prove they will be under the cap in order to sign these players. If this is the case, then I commend the Tigers for taking their contracts off the table. Not out of spite, purely as a business tactic.

If Woods/Tedesco are waiting for Roosters/Bulldogs to sort shit out then they have made their preference obvious and are just using Tigers as a back up in case it goes to shit. By pulling the offers they are now in limbo. We can go after new players with our war chest, and if it does go to shit with Roosters/Bulldogs we can give them revised offers based on who we need.

Imagine if we signed Mautilino and Packer, but nobody to replace Teddy, then Teddy and Woods backflip because Roosters/Dogs went to shit but we said sorry Woods we only have money for Teddy

Tigerm

First Grade
Big no to TMM. He does have huge potential but the same problem at the Panthers will happen here. We need an experienced half to partner Brooks. Reynolds definitely has experience. Whether he works well with Brooks is a question mark but at least he will take a lot of pressure of Brooks
If Reynold comes, then he is the senior player & Brooks will have to work with him. I think he will flourish with a mentor.

Shredder

Juniors
Reynolds was always my preference.

From day one - He is a great half and his passion is just outstanding.

Reynolds 6, Brooks 7 and Martin at fullback will do me. Im OK with that spine.

gordynz

Juniors
Martin at fullback? There just doesn't seem to be any x factor about him. Could turn into a solid half one day but not a fullback. I'd rather take Lolohea and play him at fullback or look elsewhere at players still on the market.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'm not sold on Reynolds at 6. If we could snag him for around $550-600K and play him at lock I'd say that's a fair purchase.

Vozzy

Juniors
TMM in under 20s was a halfback and was really good I'm sure he was a 7. Anyway to me he comes across as a player who can be used as like a utility back. He has some skill and some speed like a centre probably needs to put on size.

Latest posts