What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Clifferd

Coach
Could do worse. He doesn't play 80 so would have to play Liddle in 14 but at least we'd have good service and a bit of spark for a full 80min instead of Taylor - or worse - Godinet stinking it up.

It wasn t long ago he was the form hooker of the comp, granted he seems to have lost his way a little at cowboys I think he would come good again at a new club

Hopefully get him cheap like 400-500k a season for 2 years

Tigerm

First Grade
A Dogs fan was telling me today that Moses Mbye was going to the WT's, has anyone heard of this?

Clifferd

Coach
This tells me Cleary plans to move Marsters into the back row? because I don’t think Kelly would offer more than our current centre combination Fonua/Marsters apart from pace

It wasn t long ago he was the form hooker of the comp, granted he seems to have lost his way a little at cowboys I think he would come good again at a new club

Hopefully get him cheap like 400-500k a season for 2 years

Doesn't help when their forwards are being dominated.

This tells me Cleary plans to move Marsters into the back row? because I don’t think Kelly would offer more than our current centre combination Fonua/Marsters apart from pace

I would say so. Marsters is a big step up on Rochow IMO. Nothing against Robbie, he started the year well for us but just seems to have petered out with the heavy demands in defence taking it's toll (we all knew this would happen.)

Kelly is a bit hexy on missed tackles but Manly have leaked like a sieve this year so he's got plenty of mates there. Cleary cleaned up Kev's defence so there's nothing to say he can't do it for Kelly either. Plus he's only a pup and will get better.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just listended to the NRL Market Watch Podcast. They had our Football Manager Kelly Egan on. Said we arent interested in Barba. Was fairly coy on Mybe but I got the feeling we're fairly deep in discussions with him. Said we have 25 of our 30 spots filled for next year which is interesting. I'm guessing some of the development guys might already be on fulltime contracts for next year

Clifferd

Coach
I like our approach on signings tbh. No impulse buys. If we decided to get Mbye we would only be paying maybe half, so for 300-400k that’s decent. Then just upgrade blokes like Garner and whoever else has been killing it in reserves and frontload the rest of our players in the top 30

In 2 years time it can set us up to buy a couple star players (Cleary in mind)

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Kelly signing is indeed true then I'm happy. Have a couple of mates who are Manly fans and they rate him very highly. He has his best football ahead of him and has very good pace.

Not sure about Mybe but tbh haven't watched many doggies games. How is he going?

Tiger Ted

Bench
I like our approach on signings tbh. No impulse buys. If we decided to get Mbye we would only be paying maybe half, so for 300-400k that’s decent. Then just upgrade blokes like Garner and whoever else has been killing it in reserves and frontload the rest of our players in the top 30

In 2 years time it can set us up to buy a couple star players (Cleary in mind)
There will b an NRL media feeding frenzy come Nov 1 when u can legitimately begin negotiating with son of IC for season ‘20 & beyond.Hopefully NC’s place of employment will b at Concord in Nov ‘19.

Clifferd

Coach
Well having his dad here certainly increases our chances
There will b an NRL media feeding frenzy come Nov 1 when u can legitimately begin negotiating with son of IC for season ‘20 & beyond.Hopefully NC’s place of employment will b at Concord in Nov ‘19.

The thing that worries me about Nathan coming here is that penriff have something real special about to happen soon. Imo they will win the comp within the next 2-3 years, and I reckon he’d definitely wanna be apart of it.

So if we don’t win it I hope they do so in a sense he feels like he’s done his job there and can help us lol

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well having his dad here certainly increases our chances

The thing that worries me about Nathan coming here is that penriff have something real special about to happen soon. Imo they will win the comp within the next 2-3 years, and I reckon he’d definitely wanna be apart of it.

So if we don’t win it I hope they do so in a sense he feels like he’s done his job there and can help us lol
They r a quality side with the strongest depth in the NRL.Their Achilles heel is injuries.If they were to have close to their best team available come September they could easily win the comp this season.

More importantly it’s a must win game for us this Sunday otherwise we will struggle to make the 8.

Vozzy

Juniors
Mbye would be a good signing he is a guy you want if your team has injuries in key positions cos he is versatile. I'm not sure if Marshall will play again next year. I hope Marshall becomes part of the coaching staff. He may not be playing his best the last few weeks but his experience and love for the club has helped others play above their potential.

Also if liddle can play 80min next year would be great.

After watching all the press conferences with Ivan after wins or losses he doesn't seem fazed by anything. Like he always says he is just trying to get good performances out of his whole squad and that he is going to use them all. Wins are a bonus. As frustrating as it is when we have lost to say knights and eels I think Ivan is using this year to experiment and is looking at next year to unleash his best team. So many players have played 5 games in 1st grade then go down to ISP then come back with a new combo. One thing he has changed is attitude and culture and that is being displayed in our defence. Attack will come once he can settle on his best 17.

Latest posts