What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Not sure how he sacked Taylor, when he wasn't even at the club at that stage? As for Potter, you have proof of this of course? It is my understanding that Potter's contract had expired and it wasn't renewed.
If you have facts (not rumours) of Farah's time with us, please share them.

Just an opinion mate. If I was employed by the club and had facts I probably wouldn't be on here posting.
That aside it's my opinion that he is a disruptive influence. That was the point of my post. It's also my opinion that he is past his best as a player and that Jacob Liddle should be in the 9 jersey for the rest of the season.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Don’t worry, Mario. These guys reckon Rob will carry us to the semis like all those times he did when he was here in the past lol.... Liddle is the man for the job and should be in the side now not plowing the paddocks in reserves.

Still Need a decent halfback more than anything.
Regardless of what people think of Farah I wouldn’t go near him now that our season is over.Cleary ought to perservere with Liddle as he’s easily our only decent hooker in the club.Also Cleary shouldn’t ever allow Taylor near dummy half again.

We r so riddled with problems/weaknesses in this team that Cleary can’t afford to make anymore recruitment blunders & needs to find players who will b assets next season & beyond which is another reason I’d forego bringing the egomaniac back albeit for the remainder of ‘18.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Cleary can’t afford to make anymore recruitment blunders & needs to find players who will b assets next season & beyond which is another reason I’d forego bringing the egomaniac back albeit for the remainder of ‘18.

The problem is that he knows this, he has stated this. He acknowledges the reason why most decent players won’t come here is because we are/were a shambles behind the scenes in regard to facilities.

It doesn’t help when boot heads like Anasta go on tv and publicly trash the joint because he had to pay for a bottle of gatorade.

You have to remember that teams like Melbourne and Roosters are two injuries away from wooden spoon territory as evidenced 2 or 3 years ago when the roosters had JWH and Pearce out for most of the year.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well surely we won't be seeing McIlwrick again. Absolutely woeful.

Liddle out there on one leg, or ET are far better options.

I've watched him in ISP and he has been real poor. I wouldn't have picked him. I can though understand the club not playing Liddle.

BLN2

Juniors
What's with Cleary and 6's? Reynolds, Marshall, Brooks, Mbye and Lolohea. Reminds me of when Ivan had the Warriors, basically a team of second rowers (Mannering, Brown and Taylor were apparently centres). Turn 1 of those halves into a decent hooker and get an attacking back rower in for Rochow and you Tigs will look a lot more dangerous. Shame McQueen is rubbish.

Is Lolohea linked to leave yet?

Tiger Ted

Bench
The problem is that he knows this, he has stated this. He acknowledges the reason why most decent players won’t come here is because we are/were a shambles behind the scenes in regard to facilities.

It doesn’t help when boot heads like Anasta go on tv and publicly trash the joint because he had to pay for a bottle of gatorade.

You have to remember that teams like Melbourne and Roosters are two injuries away from wooden spoon territory as evidenced 2 or 3 years ago when the roosters had JWH and Pearce out for most of the year.
Cleary is not without blame re this current farce @ Concord.Who in their right mind would sign Reynolds Packer Mbye on 4 ur deals on big money & matulino & taylor on 3 yr contracts on big money.None of these players have ever been or will ever be considered excellent players.Its bloody insane the contracts they were handed & was always fraught.The repercussions r huge re succession planning & trying to get this club to b competitive over the next few yrs coz it creates a predicament where a good chunk of our cap is tied up with non-performers/under achievers & hence restricts us from recruiting the necessary players to rectify the enormous deficiencies in our squad.

The last 9 rounds lame efforts by this squad in particular the appalling goal line defence, the impotent attack & the illogical selections are a blight on clearys coaching & along with the insane contracts issued on his watch give me no confidence in this smug halfwit being able to resurrect this one dimensional sub standard rabble.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Cleary is not without blame re this current farce @ Concord.Who in their right mind would sign Reynolds Packer Mbye on 4 ur deals on big money & matulino & taylor on 3 yr contracts on big money.None of these players have ever been or will ever be considered excellent players.Its bloody insane the contracts they were handed & was always fraught.The repercussions r huge re succession planning & trying to get this club to b competitive over the next few yrs coz it creates a predicament where a good chunk of our cap is tied up with non-performers/under achievers & hence restricts us from recruiting the necessary players to rectify the enormous deficiencies in our squad.

The last 9 rounds lame efforts by this squad in particular the appalling goal line defence, the impotent attack & the illogical selections are a blight on clearys coaching & along with the insane contracts issued on his watch give me no confidence in this smug halfwit being able to resurrect this one dimensional sub standard rabble.

Settle down, no need to reach for the razor blades yet.

When we signed Reynolds, and subsequently Packer & Matulino we absolutely NEEDED to make a few signings because our team was falling apart due to The Diminutive Three imploding the joint.

Of course, we had to make the terms of the contracts longer to make it appealing for players to come here, so their futures are more settled.

All signings were a bit of a gamble, but it had to be done. It's not like we had any other options.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Settle down, no need to reach for the razor blades yet.

When we signed Reynolds, and subsequently Packer & Matulino we absolutely NEEDED to make a few signings because our team was falling apart due to The Diminutive Three imploding the joint.

Of course, we had to make the terms of the contracts longer to make it appealing for players to come here, so their futures are more settled.

All signings were a bit of a gamble, but it had to be done. It's not like we had any other options.
Won’t ever b needing razor blades.Just calling it the way I see it although I so hope I’m wrong.

Well surely we won't be seeing McIlwrick again. Absolutely woeful.

Liddle out there on one leg, or ET are far better options.

Funny how the wheels fell off when he went off though, ET went straight back in to throwing passes behind the runner and generally taking poor options at DH. The only thing he offers at hooker is his defensive workrate.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Funny how the wheels fell off when he went off though, ET went straight back in to throwing passes behind the runner and generally taking poor options at DH. The only thing he offers at hooker is his defensive workrate.

Agreed, but MM's missed tackle for their try in the first half was dismal. Assume he got hooked because of that never to return? At least ET can defend.

Funny how we got carved up due to one player on the opposition, a dummy half. Imagine if we had one of those...

Agreed, but MM's missed tackle for their try in the first half was dismal. Assume he got hooked because of that never to return? At least ET can defend.

Funny how we got carved up due to one player on the opposition, a dummy half. Imagine if we had one of those...

No, he did his ankle. And yeah it was a poor miss. Let's not forget ET grappling Peptide Paul's forearm as he crashed over the line last week with two other blokes hanging off him as well, was just as comical IMO.

I don't know what it is with us and not being able to capitalise against 12 men. They were f**king dreadful when Austin was off.

Perth Tiger

Bench

Without them we would of went into the season with players like Edwards and Lovett as our starting players. I know which I would prefer but each to their own I Guess.

Tigerm

First Grade
No, he did his ankle. And yeah it was a poor miss. Let's not forget ET grappling Peptide Paul's forearm as he crashed over the line last week with two other blokes hanging off him as well, was just as comical IMO.

I don't know what it is with us and not being able to capitalise against 12 men. They were f**king dreadful when Austin was off.
I think no Marshal or Reynolds, Brooks still not a game manager.

What worries me with long term deals of 3 and 4 years for non superstars is then making the decision to punt them and then winding up in the same situation we were before, and the dogs are in now....offloading players and paying a percentage (some a large one) of their contract.

I agree with the comments above that we had to make a move last year as we were at rock bottom. I just hope we don't repeat the mistakes of the past.

I've always been a fan of the somewhat mercenary NFL contract whereby it's heavily performance and results based. No other team has attempted anything like this in the NRL . I would go as far as making it strickly win vs losses. That way you avoid stats players like woods.

We may get stripped of a title for going over the cap but tell that to storm supporters who saw and felt their team win on GF night and have the DVD's to prove it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Despite our early-season form, the Blues looking like they could win the series, all games live on Fox and no more Monday night games, I have completely lost interest in Rugby League. The gladiatorial combat element has completely gone, the refs are blowing penalties every 5 seconds, players aren't allowed to biff, WT are still shit

I'm over it.

Latest posts