What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
I didn't know if I would get to see the Wests Tigers as a seriously competitive team in my life time. I thought Jason Taylor had finished us off for decades. I thought we needed to sack everybody and start again.

I think the way we are shaping up for next year is on track for a new era at the Tigers. We need a new forward pack and we are on track for that. New players in our back line also needed and on the way. New players from other teams means we will not be carrying baggage from this year or those before.

Year after year I have been watching with the thought of can the team improve next year. The answer is clearly no, not this team. The good news is it won't be this team running around for us. Reynolds, Packer, Mautilino, Mcqueen will bring a new culture to our club. One we have never had before and one I believe will stay with us.
I'm certainly hearing u Ned.I agree with ur sentiments.We r certainly entering a very promising era under the tutelage of IC.

I just want a WT team that turns up for 80mins every week & leaves nothing in the tank & one that's full of genuine NRL std players who r enormously grateful for the privileged position they r in.I think Josh Reynolds Packer Nofa Taylor rowdy mcilwrick personify the kind of player u want to b representing ur club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm certainly hearing u Ned.I agree with ur sentiments.We r certainly entering a very promising era under the tutelage of IC.

I just want a WT team that turns up for 80mins every week & leaves nothing in the tank & one that's full of genuine NRL std players who r enormously grateful for the privileged position they r in.I think Josh Reynolds Packer Nofa Taylor rowdy mcilwrick personify the kind of player u want to b representing ur club.
You don't save any money by skipping letters in posts.

BrotherJim05

Bench
One thing to add, next year is not going to be pretty. Brand new teams always take time to gel. Look at Manly last year compared to this year.

Shredder

Juniors
I agree BrotherJim and Im going to be very patient. But given most of the new guys have been under Clearys system before, Im quietly confident it will be quicker than we expect.

;)

soc123_au

Staff member
With all the TMM rumours going on at Penrith I'm surprised you guys arent trying to get him back. Clearly he is on the outer with us, but still a bloody terrific player. Ivan signed him too iirc just before he started to look tired. I'd seriously consider trying him as a fullback. He is fast, good defender for a small bloke & has a bit of heart. TPA deal with a chastity belt company & he would be good to go.

Vic Mackey

Referee
With all the TMM rumours going on at Penrith I'm surprised you guys arent trying to get him back. Clearly he is on the outer with us, but still a bloody terrific player. Ivan signed him too iirc just before he started to look tired. I'd seriously consider trying him as a fullback. He is fast, good defender for a small bloke & has a bit of heart. TPA deal with a chastity belt company & he would be good to go.

I'd take him for the rest of the year but that's it, unless he was happy to bide his time playing behind brooks and Reynolds. He isn't a fullback.

gordynz

Juniors
I have some pretty good oil from a friend who is head of security at the Warriors that told me Tui has definitely chosen the Tigers over the Cowboys and Raiders and will be here this season. The media are basically saying that the Warriors won't release him unless they can sign a forward before the June 30 deadline but Tui's expecting to be at the Tigers sometime soon.

WT Unity

Juniors
Realistically when considering signing Eastwood 2 factors r critical his age (30) & his form this season which has been
Shithouse.

Let the dogs wear the consequences of his massively backended contract.

I watched the Dogs v Roosters yesterday...and looked on with a more critical eye based on the rumours surrounding Eastwood. Rather than just Sunday arvo footy featuring two "other" teams for entertainment with a couple of cold ones I seriously looked at their forwards given that the Dogs may need to move a few of them on.
  • Eastwood - Still not so sure...He made some decent charges but only played 29 minutes
    • Stats: Runs - 4 / Metres - 38 / Tackles - 20 / MT - 2
Whilst watching I noticed their back-row of Jackson (wow what a player) and Adam Elliott...who I thought looks like a Josh Jackson clone...he's not as good yet but I think he's going to be
  • Elliott's Stats - Minutes - 80 / Runs - 10 / Metres - 102 / Tackles - 40 (including a bell ringer or 2) MT - 3
I then went online to check "players off-contract" - He is listed as unsigned and off contract at the end of this year.

Then I read the below article...Titled "Elliott's emotional call from departing Reynolds"
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/05/03/elliott_s_emotional_.html

I've seen him a few times now and think he's definitely on the up. I'm sure they would want to retain him...that's why they're obviously prepared to pay the likes of Eastwood to play elsewhere...but IMO I'd love the WT to make a play for Elliott! With the money they've spent we should be able to blow their offer away and we have the Josh Reynolds bargaining chip up our sleeve!

Any Thoughts?

Clifferd

Coach
I have some pretty good oil from a friend who is head of security at the Warriors that told me Tui has definitely chosen the Tigers over the Cowboys and Raiders and will be here this season. The media are basically saying that the Warriors won't release him unless they can sign a forward before the June 30 deadline but Tui's expecting to be at the Tigers sometime soon.

Hope fully we get him before our next game. Dunno if we can run out with Rankin or littlejohn anymore

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I watched the Dogs v Roosters yesterday...and looked on with a more critical eye based on the rumours surrounding Eastwood. Rather than just Sunday arvo footy featuring two "other" teams for entertainment with a couple of cold ones I seriously looked at their forwards given that the Dogs may need to move a few of them on.
  • Eastwood - Still not so sure...He made some decent charges but only played 29 minutes
Whilst watching I noticed their back-row of Jackson (wow what a player) and Adam Elliott...who I thought looks like a Josh Jackson clone...he's not as good yet but I think he's going to be
  • Elliott's Stats - Minutes - 80 / Runs - 10 / Metres - 102 / Tackles - 40 (including a bell ringer or 2) MT - 3
I then went online to check "players off-contract" - He is listed as unsigned and off contract at the end of this year.

Then I read the below article...Titled "Elliott's emotional call from departing Reynolds"

I've seen him a few times now and think he's definitely on the up. I'm sure they would want to retain him...that's why they're obviously prepared to pay the likes of Eastwood to play elsewhere...but IMO I'd love the WT to make a play for Elliott! With the money they've spent we should be able to blow their offer away and we have the Josh Reynolds bargaining chip up our sleeve!

Any Thoughts?

My only thoughts are I agree 100% with you.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Any Thoughts?
Yep Elliot would b a very good acquisition but the dogs won't let him go.Eastwood is a massive NO as he is a mere shadow of his former self.He's on one of Des's destructive massive backended contracts of 900k next yr.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't think it matters what the player costs us, as long as he fits the team balance.

We have all been basically happy with IC's choices to date, so I am prepared to trust his judgement on any deal that comes through. I said previously, we need to have a solid season next year, so we can attract players to come to us.

But next year, if it is a disaster, well, we'll give him the WT's forum fair go........boom, bang, crash (with an "I told you so" lobbed in)o_O;):D

Latest posts