What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vozzy

Juniors
And to think he will probably captain the blues this year lol and when Cameron retires probably the kangaroos. Loooooool.

It's like he is untouchable on Fox blokes like paul merkin and James Hooper have been like a plague to the tigers this year. Hooper the other day was like pestering pascoe basically telling him how he should run the club and how unfair it's been on club captain aaron Woods. It's like woods is the second coming of jesus and is untouchable.

Das Hassler

Bench
Wonder if he's thought about the realities involved in going to the chooks?.....he's said that his missus couldn't get him to get a haircut..no doubt but Politis isnt his missus.

I've got the shits with Woods about the way he has carried on with his contract negotiations, purely because he's the club captain and you'd expect your captain to conduct themselves in a certain manner that would show him to be committed to the club, even if they haven't put pen to paper.

He's just guffawed his way through it. I'd like to hang on to him at a sensible price as he is a very talented forward despite not having the aggression or impact that we seem to be lacking, but the whole pissing about with the contract and making excuse after excuse has left a bad taste with me. Just be honest "I'm weighing up offers and when they're all finalised I will make my decision. I have no further comment." You could respect that.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rowdy is the only player who has been at the club a decent length of time who is capable of being captain.

I agree Charlatan, I asked before the Cowboys game for people to watch his body language, this was based on what I noticed in previous games, then there was the interview with Farah yesterday in which he said that he had spoken to Woods. It does make sense now. The leadership, the contract renewal, other clubs reportedly speaking to him, it's all foreign to him. Many players before him have been through the same thing and more but when they cross the side line and onto the field, it's game on.

I think Woods is more a laid back country type guy than someone raised in the city, it really shows. I now even get the impression that he might stay based on the feel around Concord as well as games in the next few weeks. Perhaps confirmation in the meantime, of another signing might just might make him think that The Tigers is where he'd rather be. Even for less dollars.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I'm just so exhausted of all this shit. I get up every morning just praying that today will be the day it's all sorted out.

A month ago I would have wanted us to move heaven and earth to keep Woods and Teddy. Now I just want it f**king done regardless of what happens. The contracts have been sitting there for months. They are fair contracts so either sign them and get on board or just f**k off so we can look at other options.

I'm sick of these pricks holding us over the barrel. I understand it's that sewer rat of a manager (who by the way Woods described as "the man" on big sports breakfast this morning). Hearing Woods say that gives me the impression he's actually enjoying this shit show.

I totally agree that if Woods stays, he can't be captain. Granted it's hard when the media are grilling him every 2 seconds, but he's handled all this shit appallingly.

Lawrence or ET for mine.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm sick of it as well. Make a decision and I really don't give a shit. For the money we've offered these guys I honestly don't know what the best decision for the club is. If they go it might be better for us.

Clifferd

Coach
There's a rumour (ugh I hate saying this) going around that roosters have given up with Tedesco and looks set to re-sign

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm just so exhausted of all this shit. I get up every morning just praying that today will be the day it's all sorted out.

A month ago I would have wanted us to move heaven and earth to keep Woods and Teddy. Now I just want it f**king done regardless of what happens. The contracts have been sitting there for months. They are fair contracts so either sign them and get on board or just f**k off so we can look at other options.

I'm sick of these pricks holding us over the barrel. I understand it's that sewer rat of a manager (who by the way Woods described as "the man" on big sports breakfast this morning). Hearing Woods say that gives me the impression he's actually enjoying this shit show.

I totally agree that if Woods stays, he can't be captain. Granted it's hard when the media are grilling him every 2 seconds, but he's handled all this shit appallingly.

Lawrence or ET for mine.
Woods is totally brainwashed by his verminous player manager & shyster "life guru" wehbe.This imbecile by some inexplicable decision by the previous shitbag of a coach is captain of our club doesn't have a logical or sensible thought of his own.All his publicly made comments r straight from the script he's been given by the rodent Isaac !!

I dont give a hoot whether he stays or not but if he does it's beholden on Ivan to strip this infantile of the captaincy & give it to someone with self respect & humility & has a filter between mouth & brain like Chris Lawrence.

I'm sick of it as well. Make a decision and I really don't give a shit. For the money we've offered these guys I honestly don't know what the best decision for the club is. If they go it might be better for us.

It's not even the making a decision. Just stop speculating, stop feeding the media bullshit and that will end the cycle.

As I said before a simple "My manager and I are waiting until all offers are finalised and I will make my decision from thereon in. Until then I have no further comment." The constant excuses and non-committal attitude is fuelling the speculation that he's apparently so tired of.

Das Hassler

Bench
He cannot remain captain if he stays and the point about he and Teddy doing what's right for their families is out and out nonsense...the offers on the table would be as good and secure as any on offer..they have the coach..and on the coach they both REALLY need to pull their immature heads in with the " if he proves himself to be..."....and "ive only met him once bit he seems to be a nice bloke" bullshit....Cleary has nothing to prove to these two who come across as if they've either been living under a rock or have been too busy to be bothered with noticing Cleary's standing in the sport.

Tiger05

First Grade
Das - the reality is that we are probably going to pay the most amount of money that they will get anywhere plus their chances for success are greatest at the club who pays them the least amount of money. This is all a game being played via their manager to get the most amount of money and create the most amount of drama that he possibly can and these young immature probably stupid (definitely in Woods case) morons are going along with it.

If they were better at playing the game then it might work but at the moment they both sound like immature spoilt brats.

Imagine Woodsy calling scum manager Moses a mate. Can you believe that ?

Naiqama to the 6 position sounds great.

Tigerm

First Grade
WT's has sent through an email confirming Chris McQueen signing
The rumour is that Woods was just waiting for this to happen

Latest posts