What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Taylor in the back row fixes our edge defence. We have good middle defenders for next year, so why add another there. Hide a poor defensive forward among them and spread the good defenders out.

McQueen is a poor defender.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Brisbane have the most supporters by far out of any team. Look at their membership numbers, tv viewers and crowd averages, it blows every team out of the water. Could you imagine if they had a wooden spoon year? Or worse even got done for salary cap cheating

The nrl won't allow it I dare say

Kinda like when they were investigated. Andrew Gee refused to answer questions, the NRL simply shrugged their shoulders and said 'oh well guess there's nothing we can do'

Clifferd

Coach
Kinda like when they were investigated. Andrew Gee refused to answer questions, the NRL simply shrugged their shoulders and said 'oh well guess there's nothing we can do'

Brisbane Broncos has a few players out for origin

Brisbane Broncos: Hold my
Beer

*Brings in a former international captain (Benji Marshall)* and Ben Hunt, a potential qld origin player plus a current NZ bench player Nikorima

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
Taylor in the back row fixes our edge defence. We have good middle defenders for next year, so why add another there. Hide a poor defensive forward among them and spread the good defenders out.

McQueen is a poor defender.
You think he's a poor defender? Well considering his non-existent attack, sounds like a great buy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was a parting gift from Taylor.

Don't lump him as one of Cleary's buys.

I'd be finding the receipt and returning that product.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah I don't think Cleary would've got him if it was his decision

However you gotta work with what you got

Shredder

Juniors
We could do (and have done / are doing) worse. At least hes a big body in the defensive line.

Das Hassler

Bench
And you cant dismiss the possibility of him realizing his potential under another coach...it's a near certainty he would be a gun under Bellamy.
...well Cleary may be able get the best of him as well.

Fordy20

Juniors
Taylor was able punt Brad Takairangi when Potter had already signed him, but Cleary can't punt McQueen?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Taylor was able punt Brad Takairangi when Potter had already signed him, but Cleary can't punt McQueen?

My understanding with takairangi was that everything was agreed however not signed off on. Similar situation to Hoppa with Eels. We paid a decent amount of his contract for 2015/16 at the eels.

Also believe it or not Grant Mayer signed him before we had appointed a coach for the next year. The majority of our problems over the past 3 years were due to Mayers diabolical term at CEO

Tiger Ted

Bench
Does anything so glaringly reflect how unacceptable our depth is & how substandard our roster is than Lovett again being selected in starting side.Theres obviously numerous examples that depict how weak our roster is but for mine this selection is a standout.

Tiger Ted

Bench
My understanding with takairangi was that everything was agreed however not signed off on. Similar situation to Hoppa with Eels. We paid a decent amount of his contract for 2015/16 at the eels.

Also believe it or not Grant Mayer signed him before we had appointed a coach for the next year. The majority of our problems over the past 3 years were due to Mayers diabolical term at CEO
Geez there's been & also currently is many profoundly inept CEO's employed in the NRL but our recruitment in this significant capacity has been deplorable & extremely costly to us over the medium term.I wouldn't hire the toxic & conceited Mayer or the spineless gump humphreys to shine my shoes !!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Geez there's been & also currently is many profoundly inept CEO's employed in the NRL but our recruitment in this significant capacity has been deplorable & extremely costly to us over the medium term.I wouldn't hire the toxic & conceited Mayer or the spineless gump humphreys to shine my shoes !!

The takarangi one really annoyed me, I mean who the f*ck does Grant Mayer think he is to go and sign a player off his own accord. He wasn't a coach, football manager etc. As if we didn't have enough problems at the club as it was without having to pay $200kpa (guess) of a guys contract who never even had a training session with the club.

super_coach

First Grade
there has been plenty of speculation that Milne has signed up for the Tigers, of course this is not breaking news and has been going around the traps for months and we have all been waiting for the official word from the club, anyway there is now a few whispers he has done a backflip and is staying put. Sad if true because I think he was going to be the real surprise package of all our signings

Clifferd

Coach
Adam Elliot resigns with dogs, dam shame as I think he will be an origin player in a couple years

Trollhammaren

Juniors
there has been plenty of speculation that Milne has signed up for the Tigers, of course this is not breaking news and has been going around the traps for months and we have all been waiting for the official word from the club, anyway there is now a few whispers he has done a backflip and is staying put. Sad if true because I think he was going to be the real surprise package of all our signings

Scratch that :D

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm the signing of talented outside back Taane Milne for the coming two seasons.

The new deal will see the 22-year-old Milne join Wests Tigers until at least the end of the 2019 season.

A two-time Junior Kiwi, Milne has played a total of 14 first-grade games for the St. George-Illawarra Dragons since making his NRL debut in Round 8, 2016, and made his senior representative debut for Fiji earlier this year in the Pacific Test against Tonga.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he looked forward to Milne coming to Wests Tigers.

“Taane is a talented player who will add strike power to Wests Tigers,” said Cleary.

“He will be a valued member of the team as we continue to grow into the future.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Milne to the club.

“Taane is clearly a talented young player and I’m sure will quickly become a fan favourite here at Wests Tigers,” said Pascoe. “We look forward to having him join us for the next two seasons.”

Milne will join Wests Tigers for pre-season training ahead of the 2018 NRL season.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Yeah either that or he's just heading out to get his car after a night on the turps??

I'd have him in my team everyday of the week though.