What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
I reckon Fonua would be ahead of Rona and Miline

No way, you have to remember Fonua was playing outside some of the best players the game had ever seen. Look at Chelsea Blair, he looks a world beater in the Storm back line. I think both Rona and Milne will be ahead of Fonua and I will stick my head out and say Milne will be the surprise packet of all the signings

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Milne is easily the best backline signing we have made for 2017. Fonua was always quite average at the Storm and is rightfully our reserve winger number 1 (and a pretty good one at that).

gordynz

Juniors
I reckon Fonua would be ahead of Rona and Miline

There's definitely a lot of competition among the outside backs for next season which is awesome.

Rona is a gun, scored 22 tries on the wing for the Bulldogs in the 2015 season only bettered by Radradra. I'd have him in there if we do indeed sign him. Milne and Suli get the nod for the both center positions and I'd have Nofo on the other wing.

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Rona/ Fonua/Thompson/MWZ (Depending on whether we sign Rona or not)

Clifferd

Coach
The only guarentees id have is 2. Nofo
3. Suli
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

The rest can fight over the remaining positions like a dog bone

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Milne with Fonua outside him personally

I do as well.

1. Lolohea
2. Nofo
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

That backline is solid. We will also have a solid pack. We just need a player or two to come through who is a game breaker and we are looking good. I like the look of our team next year because I think they will be competitive.

Shredder

Juniors
I think all this talk of "game breakers" and "guns" is the complete antithesis of what Cleary is trying to build.

He has stated the star of the team is the team. Hes putting together a bunch of tough role players, most of whom he has coached before who do a job. Week to week, whoever is on the wing wont make any difference.

We wont be focused on one game breaker in our team anymore. Its a real step up for consistency.

We will never go through undefeated, but we will win more than we lose.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Happy for JLJ and Tyson Gamble to be our NSW Cup halves next year and fight for a position in the event of injuries. JLJ is bad but you can't expect to have guns as your back up halves.

I think all this talk of "game breakers" and "guns" is the complete antithesis of what Cleary is trying to build.

He has stated the star of the team is the team. Hes putting together a bunch of tough role players, most of whom he has coached before who do a job. Week to week, whoever is on the wing wont make any difference.

We wont be focused on one game breaker in our team anymore. Its a real step up for consistency.

We will never go through undefeated, but we will win more than we lose.

A Bellamyesque type approach. Hard players who know their job, and do it well. So long as they and the man in/outside them does what they are supposed to we will be celebrating wins a great deal more I suspect.

gordsy

Juniors
Rona's manager playing games ?

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/13/manager-denies-curtis-rona-nrl-tigers-link

Western Force speedster Curtis Rona's manager says he has no intention to return to the NRL with the Wests Tigers.
Source:
AAP
13 Jun 2017 - 11:58 AM UPDATED 1 HOUR AGO
[URL='https://twitter.com/share']Tweet

Western Force outside back Curtis Rona is keeping his sights on a Wallabies berth and has no plans to leave the vulnerable Super Rugby franchise for the NRL's Wests Tigers, his manager says.

Rumours Rona was set to join the Tigers were sparked when an apparent social media post by the speedster with the words "on the bus" were circulated.

The bus reference could be interpreted as alluding to comments by the NRL club's coach Ivan Cleary, who used it as a metaphor when discussing players' commitment earlier this year.

But manager Steve Gillis denied Rona was looking to leave the Force as they await an Australian Rugby Union decision that could axe them from Super Rugby.

"There's been absolutely no discussion whatsoever (about joining the Tigers)," Gillis told AAP.

"He's under contract. So until we know anything different, nothing changes. He's very happy in rugby and doing well.

"We anticipate he'll play for the Wallabies this year. So there's plenty of positives.

"We were hoping he'd get there (in the current Wallabies squad) but I think he accepts that well and is pushing forward and hopefully makes the next one."

Rona, who has played some wing this season but spent most of his time at outside centre, has been one of the Force's best players.

The 25-year-old joined the Perth-based side on a two-year deal after switching from NRL team Canterbury at the end of last year.

He has previously said he would be open to a rugby league return if his Super Rugby career failed, but hoped he could stay with the Force in his hometown.

[/URL]