What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

magpie_man

Juniors
I agree Shredder - I can't ever remember having such a dearth of legitimate, first-grade standard forwards on the books.... potentially.
My biggest concern in recent weeks was Cleary's seemingly myopic focus on signing depth in the backs leaving the forward-depth ankle-deep.
Clifferd's revelation has definitely quelled those fears.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We have offered contracts to said 5 players;

Albert Vete, Brenton Lawrence, Curtis Rona, Jeremy Latimore, Alex Glenn.

My mail is we are likely to get 4/5 with Glenn being the unlikely one

cheers mate, i remember some panthers fans saying they reckon we would go fro Latimore as he was a IC favourite. i wouldnt mind him or lawrence as another experienced hard head would be great for our team.

really hoping we get rona too, would round our backline off nicley.

Tiger Ted

Bench

I will b stoked if we get the 4 as we will enter the '18 season with a very tough & well balanced squad with very adequate depth.I was hoping we'd chase Lawrence.

Btw the Broncos shouldn't have any trouble fitting Glenn under there infinite cap !!

Vozzy

Juniors
Alex Glenn is very underrated I've never seen a poor game from him for broncos. Can play centre and second row. Good defensive centre. Also is good captain when other players have rep duties these are they kinds of players every team needs.

Billythekid

First Grade

All would be good signings but I'll believe it when I see it.

Tiger05

First Grade
All would be good signings but I'll believe it when I see it.

Same here. We've had plenty so far this year and there is no reason we won't get more but I'll wait and see. Does anyone know which if any rugby team is being kicked out of the comp. I thought a decision was being made today ?

Clifferd

Coach
Same here. We've had plenty so far this year and there is no reason we won't get more but I'll wait and see. Does anyone know which if any rugby team is being kicked out of the comp. I thought a decision was being made today ?

Western Force I'm fairly sure mate, the Perth team

Delboy

First Grade
Alex Twal has been released today, guess you can expect him at Camp Concord tomorrow. Good worker, see if he can get to the next level for you guys.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Where did you hear this Clifferd...I don't mind Vete, Rona and Glenn. All would be good additions, the other two solid players.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Alex Twal has been released today, guess you can expect him at Camp Concord tomorrow. Good worker, see if he can get to the next level for you guys.

Cheers mate. Never seen him play but IC has a high opinion of him after having him in the Lebanon team. From what I've heard he's more a consistent work horse guy as opposed to your impact, destructive prop. You'd imagine he will get a few games this year then be competing with Felisse and Eisenhuth for a bench spot come round 1 2018.

super_coach

First Grade
Tapou from the Chooks is looking a very good chance. Not sure if I think he would be a good buy, but he is good under the high ball both in attack and defence

Das Hassler

Bench
That would be entirely up to him..just as is being shown ( with class) by Benji.. he would need to earn his spot. It should be the case across tje whole team regardless of reputation or salary

super_coach

First Grade
Iam told Topou is a done deal but Watson will be at the Knights if the Chooks can't find away to do some urgent repairs to their salary cap