What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vozzy

Juniors
When I typed Daniel tupou into google there is an article about him being on the bus.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lolohea has said publicly he was lured to the Tigers by Ivan's vision that he was a spine player so I highly doubt this is correct.

That doesn't mean he is a spine player in a first grade team. Listening to Kelly Egan's interview I had the impression that club saw Lolohea as a runner of the footy but where he fitted in would be determined based upon performances. So he might get the fullback spot next year but he will have to earn it.

Tigerm

First Grade
DEMAND FOR UK BIG MAN

Meet the next Englishman ready to make his mark in the NRL.

Andre Savelio is a backrower who English commentators have likened to Sonny Bill Williams and Private Ryan can reveal the Wests Tigers and Brisbane are chasing his signature.

38ff7f7d5ab619c2b9ff10b448d7ed5c

Andre Savelio of St Helens breaks through a tackle.Source: Getty Images
The 22-year-old made his first grade debut in 2014 and has clocked up 50 Super League games across two teams, St Helens and Warrington.

It’s understood the Wolves are resigned to losing the 100 kilo worker as Savelio has indicated his desire to move to Australia and mix it in the premier competition.

Billythekid

First Grade
DEMAND FOR UK BIG MAN

Meet the next Englishman ready to make his mark in the NRL.

Andre Savelio is a backrower who English commentators have likened to Sonny Bill Williams and Private Ryan can reveal the Wests Tigers and Brisbane are chasing his signature.

38ff7f7d5ab619c2b9ff10b448d7ed5c

Andre Savelio of St Helens breaks through a tackle.Source: Getty Images
The 22-year-old made his first grade debut in 2014 and has clocked up 50 Super League games across two teams, St Helens and Warrington.

It’s understood the Wolves are resigned to losing the 100 kilo worker as Savelio has indicated his desire to move to Australia and mix it in the premier competition.

Another rumour that would be great if true but should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Hopefully soon some of these rumoured signings come to fruition.

Vozzy

Juniors
Thought we might have been a hope, then saw Brisbane want him. He could be the first guy ever to sign with Broncos for $200k less for being 'homesick' despite having never been to Brisbane in his life

Then will escape a loop hole that gets him selected for qld.

On another note I heard Brenton Lawrence is attracting interest from tigers and roosters. Gee the nsw captain must be on peanuts along with friend, hargraves, keary, Pearce, mitchell not to mention turdasco.

BrotherJim05

Bench
This is why I'm really starting to hate NRL. The same group of NRL clubs can just buy whoever the f**k they want.

The only draw card we have against Brisbane is that we are based in a nice area of Sydney. If he is coming from the UK then the prospect of living in Sydney vs Brisbane will be a big influence

Tiger05

First Grade
7 news reporting Connor Watson is going to the WT for $500k a season to play fullback,that would leave Tui to play either wing or centre.

I hope he comes on reasonable money. I assume that Watson isn't guaranteed a spot. I keep harping on this but we players should have to prove themselves. Watson gives us another half/fullback player. Brooks could miss out. Reynolds could miss out. Watson could miss out.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't honestly think he's smart enough to be a playmaker. If he sorts out his initial contact in tackles, he can potentially become a good centre, but we aren't exactly going to be light on in that area next season.

And he doesn't look quick enough to be on the wing.

It looks to me like he was signed to plug a gap this year only and to be depth after that.

And let's face it, we need depth players.

BuffaloRules

Coach
7 news reporting Connor Watson is going to the WT for $500k a season to play fullback,that would leave Tui to play either wing or centre.

Can anyone recall what Tui is getting paid?

Seems like they are throwing around gazillions on outside backs and unproven fullbacks when we all should know that we are still soft up front even with Packer, Mautilno and McQueen next year..

Latest posts