What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigers Tale

Juniors
DEMAND FOR UK BIG MAN

Andre Savelio is a backrower who English commentators have likened to Sonny Bill Williams and Private Ryan can reveal the Wests Tigers and Brisbane are chasing his signature

It’s understood the Wolves are resigned to losing the 100 kilo worker as Savelio has indicated his desire to move to Australia and mix it in the premier competition.

I have seen this guy on tele once or maybe twice. He is pretty big and agile. In all seriousness, if he came to us he is more likely to play in the top grade, I don't think he will replace Gillett or Glenn at the Broncos. He would get a few extra dollars off us as well...maybe our next Ellis, we can all wish!!!!

I'm happy for Watson to come to the club,the little i have seen of him he looks like a competitor,which is something we need in our players if we are to climb from the depths we have fallen too,also placing all our eggs in the one basket and relying on Tui is not the best idea,while i will give him some slack for being relatively new to the club,his fitness as a professional player is a concern at this stage of the season.

Vozzy

Juniors
Hopefully Watson becomes our Clint gutherson. They are very similar in terms of versatility. Clint for me has been Parras best this year been good at 5/8 wing centre fullback.

magpie_man

Juniors
I don't honestly think he's smart enough to be a playmaker. If he sorts out his initial contact in tackles, he can potentially become a good centre, but we aren't exactly going to be light on in that area next season.

And he doesn't look quick enough to be on the wing.

It looks to me like he was signed to plug a gap this year only and to be depth after that.

And let's face it, we need depth players.

That's the way I see him too: a reserve utility vertebrae at best.
That said, it looks, with the way things are playing-out, that nobody's position with the starting XVII is assured for 2018 - it's going to be a gruelling offseason for the squad.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's the way I see him too: a reserve utility vertebrae at best.
That said, it looks, with the way things are playing-out, that nobody's position with the starting XVII is assured for 2018 - it's going to be a gruelling offseason for the squad.
And that is exactly whats needed

BrotherJim05

Bench
Watson makes a lot of sense at Fullback. Cleary is going for a squad of 17 tough and competitive players rather than superstars. I'm yet to see this with Lolohea but seriously, he is only 22. Let him pick his best position and get to his best in reserves. He clearly has lost a lot of direction by playing so many positions

Das Hassler

Bench
And while they are competing for the preferred positions that they may feel entitled to they are still being paid more than most their age could dream about playing the sport they love....you can only feel so sorry for their sensitivities.

Tiger05

First Grade
And while they are competing for the preferred positions that they may feel entitled to they are still being paid more than most their age could dream about playing the sport they love....you can only feel so sorry for their sensitivities.

Honestly I don't see why we have to concern ourselves with these guys not playing first grade. We can provide a learning path for them and talk to them and offer them opportunities based upon performance.

We can't though guarantee players first grade spots.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The days of zero accountability imposed on the players must finally come to an end.The WT entity must conduct itself professionally in every part of the organisation.There can be no more excuses for WT not be a successful organisation on & off the field.Contrary to what grubs in the media like Rothfilth like to convey with there hyperbolic click bait nonsense the signs r clear that we r heading in the right direction since IC was appointed as coach.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Lolohea the entitled maggot needs to get real. If he's good enough for the spot, he will get it. Work hard and you will achieve - don't expect to hand it to you. If you don't like it then f**k off. Look at Benji, a man who could've had a chip on his shoulder formerly the best player in the game joins Brisbane. Starts in reserve grade and has rightfully earned a starting halves spot. Thats how it works Lolo you f**king idiot.

Clifferd

Coach
For years we've had soft cocks like Lovett, naiqama and Buchanan etc walk into our side

It's about time we start becoming a peofsssional club and players have to work for their spot ala Brisbane, Melbourne, Roosters etc

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lolohea the entitled maggot needs to get real. If he's good enough for the spot, he will get it. Work hard and you will achieve - don't expect to hand it to you. If you don't like it then f**k off. Look at Benji, a man who could've had a chip on his shoulder formerly the best player in the game joins Brisbane. Starts in reserve grade and has rightfully earned a starting halves spot. Thats how it works Lolo you f**king idiot.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, Lolohea hasn't stated once that he is unhappy with anything. I wouldn't start crucifying the bloke until he arks up or starts putting in half hearted performances

Crazyperpman

Juniors

I may be wrong, but I am yet to see an interview with Lolohea where he has commented on the proposed signing of Watson. I've seen a few shit stirring articles from News Ltd but nothing where Lolohea has earned the title of an "entitled Maggot".

For all you know he may agree with you and welcome the opportunity to earn his spot. Until I hear directly from the player I will refrain from asking him to "f**k off".

I too share the frustration of watching these millennials arrive and expect everything on a platter, but am also wary at biting when reading articles that are written containing no current quotes and have a preconceived opinion and agenda.

Tiger05

First Grade

I don't think all of this bullshit is coming from him though. Benji also had to learn the hard way. Benji is playing at the Broncos for heaps less money than what the Dragons offered him because of his ego.

Lolohea is just another target in the media's bullshit against our club at the moment.

Clifferd

Coach
I don't think all of this bullshit is coming from him though. Benji also had to learn the hard way. Benji is playing at the Broncos for heaps less money than what the Dragons offered him because of his ego.

Lolohea is just another target in the media's bullshit against our club at the moment.

Benji marshall was offered a 400k contract by the Dragons, felt insulted thinking he was worth double that then ended up at Brisbane for 100k playing reserve grade lols. It was all his fault

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji marshall was offered a 400k contract by the Dragons, felt insulted thinking he was worth double that then ended up at Brisbane for 100k playing reserve grade lols. It was all his fault

Exactly. Benji and his ego have done him out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. I like the guy and he was great for us. I'd love to have him back and he would kill the halves we've had since he left.

He is though beyond stupid in relation to his ego driving his decisions on where to play footy.

Clifferd

Coach
Apparently we're close to signing Morgan Boyle

Looks like we're signing youthy depth which is good to see

112kg 20 year old prop. Can't complain

Still reckon we're one more experienced prop away - re-sign grant would be good enough