What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Where is Fonua going to play ? Can he play on the left hand side. He looks like he is consistently playing right wing or centre.

I hope he is a weapon.

WTF is a complete joke these days. its seriously not far off the souths forum in here. a shame as it used to be a great place to go for tigers fans.

Yeah unfortunately there's been an influx of new members who carry on a little bit and annoy the regulars. I think the whole Big Snore debacle have pushed quite a few over the edge as well.

super_coach

First Grade
Yeah unfortunately there's been an influx of new members who carry on a little bit and annoy the regulars. I think the whole Big Snore debacle have pushed quite a few over the edge as well.

I jump between both forums, they have always been completely different. The other one is a lot more controlled but has a lot more activity so if you can sift through the BS you do pick ip some good info, on the other hand this forum has always been more colourful and some real characters post on here. Being a WT tragic I can't get enough tiger talk and I don't really care where it comes from.

super_coach

First Grade
Article in the media today about Tigers keen to sign Robbie Rockow for next year. Depth signing at very best and I see him as player who is only going to block the pathway for a younger player with plenty of talent.

I know we plenty of depth but surely there are better players we could be signing

I jump between both forums, they have always been completely different. The other one is a lot more controlled but has a lot more activity so if you can sift through the BS you do pick ip some good info, on the other hand this forum has always been more colourful and some real characters post on here. Being a WT tragic I can't get enough tiger talk and I don't really care where it comes from.

Yeah if you take both for what they are you generally won't be disappointed.

Clifferd

Coach
Apparently McQueen has serious neck/disc injuries that requires surgery pretty soon...out for 4 months due to rehab atleast

Don't like the sound of that

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently McQueen has serious neck/disc injuries that requires surgery pretty soon...out for 4 months due to rehab atleast

Don't like the sound of that
If true, how does that work in regards to payments etc. Can cancel his contract.... I hope he stays but last thing we need is another crock.

Clifferd

Coach
If true, how does that work in regards to payments etc. Can cancel his contract.... I hope he stays but last thing we need is another crock.

I reckon Titans will be tight asses about it and wait till his contract expires with them then hand over his issues to us.

There's no way they'll pay his medical bills etc right as his contract is about to expire on a player that's on the out

Hopefully there is a get out clause so he can medically retire and we can buy an up and coming 2nd rower with the money we spent on him

But on the other hand if recovery is all well and gets back to full fitness id more than welcome him.

Shredder

Juniors
Insurance covers their medical expenses.

The question is will they let him have the surgery.

In terms of him being shit, he is streets ahead of our other back rowers and a step forward.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep Mcqueen fully fit is our best backrower

I dare say his neck problems are what's holding him back atm. I hope titans let him have the surgery in the coming weeks so he can be right for our pre season training

Radical Rat

Juniors
Yep Mcqueen fully fit is our best backrower

I dare say his neck problems are what's holding him back atm. I hope titans let him have the surgery in the coming weeks so he can be right for our pre season training

I just don't see it with McQueen.

What is it that he does well? He doesn't run hard, he's not a good hole runner, he doesn't make metres, he's not a notably strong defender. He's not quick.

IMO he's only strength is he's good under the highball for those little cross field kicks to the posts.

I watched him pretty closely earlier in the year before he was injured and he just doesn't do anything. I don't see him having any impact on our side next year.

Tiger Ted

Bench

What is it that he does well? He doesn't run hard, he's not a good hole runner, he doesn't make metres, he's not a notably strong defender. He's not quick.

IMO he's only strength is he's good under the highball for those little cross field kicks to the posts.

I watched him pretty closely earlier in the year before he was injured and he just doesn't do anything. I don't see him having any impact on our side next year.
Shit signing total waste of money & more of the same re our history of abysmal recruitment/retention.

3 yrs for this impostor @ 30 yrs of age when he is way past his best is outrageous .

Clifferd

Coach

I think I'm clinging onto the hope he rediscovers his Souths form when he was robust, hard working. I guess you're right in the sense we'll probably never see that. The main thing we can gain from him is experience