What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Don't we have only one more spot left? I have a feeling Cleary is waiting for a marquee player to come onto the market although if that doesn't happen he'll probably get another forward.

Either way pre season training for us starts in another 3 weeks or so, so I'd imagine our 30 man squad will be finalised fairly soon
I did read somewhere recently that we had 28 players signed for next yr which leaves 2 spots to b filled.Personally Id prefer to sign Moylan coz he'd automatically b our most superior player in the spine & would dramatically escalate our ability to make the 8 in '18.

super_coach

First Grade
Don't we have only one more spot left? I have a feeling Cleary is waiting for a marquee player to come onto the market although if that doesn't happen he'll probably get another forward.

Either way pre season training for us starts in another 3 weeks or so, so I'd imagine our 30 man squad will be finalised fairly soon

A lot of horse trading will not get serious to after the GF and the World cup might push it back further

RazorRam0n

Juniors
The media and the fan base are linking to us Moylan based on the fact that Cleary coached him and a throw away line any coach would say if asked about Moylan.

If Penrith were going to pick up half the contract and he fell into our laps of course Cleary would take him, but pigs might fly also.

I say he stays at the Penny's is the best bet with may be a few quid on Manly as the roughie

Would I be interested? Yes.
- I.Cleary 6.9.17

RazorRam0n

Juniors
And for what it is worth apparently they are talking to a Parra backrower and a Raiders prop, but I don't say this with any confidence as my last bit of info said Nagamia and Grant were off the bus and that did not happen

only backrower we're any chance of losing is joseph ualesi. not a huge loss he's stalled at wenty

super_coach

First Grade
only backrower we're any chance of losing is joseph ualesi. not a huge loss he's stalled at wenty

You never know what is going on behind the scenes, Parra could be looking at a player, lets say from Canberra and are willing to let another player go to accommodate the deal. Still plenty of horse trading to go

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Rona must still be a chance, although there is a lot of uncertainty still about that Western Force team, with billionaire Andrew Forrest threatening to set up a rebel union comp.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I wouldn't waste anymore time on Rona. Give him an ultimatum either sign now or the offer is rescinded. WT are strong enough, we cant be held up looking for increasingly scarce signing opportunities waiting for him to figure out what he wants to do. The union thing has got along way to go before resolved and the ARU will keep Rona on the hook with test squad selection. Enough WT.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This shows shows you how geniused our front office have been. In any other business they'd starve.
How damn bloody lucky is Suli.The kids gone ok but geez he ain't worth anywhere near 450k yet.f**king McDonnell & the dogs sucked us into paying overs with Suli.I hope that over the term of his contract we get a commensurate return on investment.

The thing that so sucks with the handling of JAC is everyone except Taylor & our admin could c that he had the invaluable X -factor that made his Retention so damn obvious.

We r bereft of the X factor for '18 & we desperately need to find it somewhere whether it's LoLo having a breakout yr at fullback I don't know but we sure as hell need someone to give us an edge particularly in tight games.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Suli was chased by 3-4 other clubs. People saw the $1.2mil contract but didn't realize it also included an upgrade for this year. As BJ05 says it's $300k not $450k. $300k for a decent first grade center isn't that much anymore, which I believe he already is. With the cap increase the average wage is going to be $313k.

On Moylan if we hadn't of signed Reynolds I'd absolutely want him, if we got him he would instantly be our best half. However as far as fullbacks go I honestly would prefer Tui over him. Tui played all his juniours at 1 and will be a better fit for our team there imo. Moylan is a great ball player but his actual fullback play i.e catching bombs, positioning, bringing the ball back etc is pretty terrible.

Anyways I think he'll end up staying at Penrith.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Suli was chased by 3-4 other clubs. People saw the $1.2mil contract but didn't realize it also included an upgrade for this year. As BJ05 says it's $300k not $450k. $300k for a decent first grade center isn't that much anymore, which I believe he already is. With the cap increase the average wage is going to be $313k.

On Moylan if we hadn't of signed Reynolds I'd absolutely want him, if we got him he would instantly be our best half. However as far as fullbacks go I honestly would prefer Tui over him. Tui played all his juniours at 1 and will be a better fit for our team there imo. Moylan is a great ball player but his actual fullback play i.e catching bombs, positioning, bringing the ball back etc is pretty terrible.

Anyways I think he'll end up staying at Penrith.
4 yrs @ 750k/yr for Reynolds is going to b a monumental blunder.I just don't get y IC offered him such a generous contract.There was no necessity to b so eager to sign Reynolds and to blow the dogs offer out of the water for an unexceptional 5/8 beggars belief !

Tigerm

First Grade
4 yrs @ 750k/yr for Reynolds is going to b a monumental blunder.I just don't get y IC offered him such a generous contract.There was no necessity to b so eager to sign Reynolds and to blow the dogs offer out of the water for an unexceptional 5/8 beggars belief !
I guess time will tell, but I thought he was a great purchase and perhaps led the way for others to come.

Latest posts