What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
About a month ago a Warriors fan (a very reliable one) said that if the Warriors offered Ava a reasonable contract he'd be very tempted to come back to NZ.

Zero mention of what reasonable is or whether the Warriors are even interested. Just found it interesting after seeing that article.

axl rose

Bench
100% agree with you Ted. Any story that says Tedesco joined Easts for less is rubbish.

seriously anyone that believes the shit in that paper ought to be in a straight jacket.

18057135_10154213127421292_7957526511407450606_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Grant and Ava will struggle to get a run anywhere else.

And apparently the Tigers have been shooping Kev around all over the world for the last three years and yet he to is still with us.

The forwards will stay and Kev will find himself unemployed.

Grant is not what we need...Ava hasnt progressed at all in last 3 years......
Clubs wont chase these 2 plodders.

Clubs wont chase these 2 plodders
I agree but my initial point regarding the shite in the paper was;

Don't release anyone unless we have signed someone to take their place otherwise we will be playing Lovett in 1st grade and throwing a young kid in before his time.

Do not say you are in the marketplace, be active, get out there and do some signing and then come back and call in player X Y or Z and tell them that you are granting the release they requested or in Kev's situation, saying we are not offering you a new contract.

Fact, fiction or just plain rumour:

From the Sunday Tele:

Kevin, we all new about and perhaps Cleary might not release him until such time as another winger is signed. I guess it's all up to Kevin now, prove to the coach that you can cut it as a winger or state that you want out so that you can play with your brother in the UK.

Tim Grant, is there an issue with Grant and Cleary? If not, and Grant wants to stay, it's up to Grant to show that he is the type of forward the Tigers must retain. If the rumour is true, thanks for coming.

Ava, same as above.

If it's all about management, well as someone has stated previously in another thread, why would any of the players show loyalty to the club when they have seen how the club has treated their team mates such as Farah & Sironen.

The saga continues.
It must be remembered that is Phil Rothfield's 'new idea' column in which he basically gives a massive wrap to whatever Cronulla player he feels warrants it that particular week. For whatever reason he hates the tigers. And calling Ava and Grant 'big name' players is giving them a wrap they don't deserve. They are bog standard first graders.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I agree but my initial point regarding the shite in the paper was;

Don't release anyone unless we have signed someone to take their place otherwise we will be playing Lovett in 1st grade and throwing a young kid in before his time.

Do not say you are in the marketplace, be active, get out there and do some signing and then come back and call in player X Y or Z and tell them that you are granting the release they requested or in Kev's situation, saying we are not offering you a new contract.

Sounds good.
Dont tell me we are shopping Grace Jones around??????His defence will be sorely missed.
Who can we pick on in 2018 if Gracey,Lovett and Hitman Edwards are told to go?
No fun at all then.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
It must be remembered that is Phil Rothfield's 'new idea' column in which he basically gives a massive wrap to whatever Cronulla player he feels warrants it that particular week. For whatever reason he hates the tigers. And calling Ava and Grant 'big name' players is giving them a wrap they don't deserve. They are bog standard first graders.

Ava is as big as a house,but i think hes a gentle giant...
Hasnt progressed at all in a few years here...He can go as well as Grant.

Clifferd

Coach
Apparently Teddy came out and said his future still hasn't been decided meaning he hasn't even signed with the roosters

"I haven't made my mind up yet"

Well FMD could've atleast let the club know.

If actually true though id give Teddy the exception and try and negotiate a deal asap . Woods personally can f**k off still

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ava is as big as a house,but i think hes a gentle giant...
Hasnt progressed at all in a few years here...He can go as well as Grant.

Think that's a bit harsh, I really like Ava. He never makes any mistakes like Grant and Woods did today. He carts it up and does his job. If we get Matulino he will be our enforcer and a guy like Ava will be a great foil.

Kelly said on MMM today the club has an offer to Ava on the table and waiting to hear back from him

Grant can leave though. Both Felisse and Tatola will be competing for his bench spot next year IMO.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Apparently Teddy came out and said his future still hasn't been decided meaning he hasn't even signed with the roosters

"I haven't made my mind up yet"

Well FMD could've atleast let the club know.

If actually true though id give Teddy the exception and try and negotiate a deal asap . Woods personally can f**k off still
Welcome back, James, all is forgiven.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Ava leaves to go to the Warrirors at some point. Can't remember the exact quote but it gave the impression that he is a big family man and finds it hard that they are all located in NZ. Who knows though, maybe he will stay on. I like Ava and he has come a really long way. He's not a world beater but he is solid.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ava is a great prop and we need to re-sign basically our whole squad. At this point Woods and Tedesco are gone. They are traitourous merkins and I think they are spinning their managers bullshit in an attempt to discredit the club.

Shredder

Juniors
As it stands, we are sitting on McQueen (confirmed), strong rumours of Matulino and Milne (unconfirmed) and Ive heard light rumours on Packer - all of which makes sense as they are the kind of non-marquee players we buy.

There is also talk of Conner Watson (chooks) at fullback.

If ALL this come off (big if) we are looking at this:

1 Watson
2 Nofo
3 Suli
4 Milne
7 Brooks
8 Matulino
10 Packer
11 McQueen
12 Lawrence
13 ET (if he stays)

I think we need to sign MM longer term to play hooker - Ive been impressed with him.
That leaves us wanting a 5/8 and either a centre or a winger depending on where Suli plays. Plus of course a bench and a stack of depth.
Even buying all these above should leave us with a fortune for a marquee outside back and a 5/8.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Idris and MCK deserve spots in our top team. I'm not going to state we have anyone until it's official. That means we have a lot of spots to fill.

MM has been huge for us and we definitely need to re-sign him. We need to re-sign most of our players on fair money and get more players to round out the squad. if we have a competitive team next year then we can build on that the following year and so on.

We need stability in the club and at this point I honestly think we could have it. Cleary has been great. Pascoe has been great. The board appear to be doing the right things.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Ava is a great prop and we need to re-sign basically our whole squad. At this point Woods and Tedesco are gone. They are traitourous merkins and I think they are spinning their managers bullshit in an attempt to discredit the club.

Finally some sense on Teddy...

"I'm not ready to make a decision yet"

This can only mean "I'm still playing the dogs and chooks off against each other and have no intention of re-signing with the club I'm suppose to be turning up for"

WT Unity

Juniors
Agree with Tiger05 on this one...stability is the key. The successful clubs don't a revolving door policy for their boards like we did as a result of playing "even stevens" with the old Balmain and the old Wests board members.
The letter from Pascoe proves that he is continuing to grow into the job and everyone on this forum Believes with a capital B that Ivan Cleary is the Best thing to happen to the club in a long time!
Throw Kelly Egan into the mix and I think we've got a very promising "front office" structure in place.
Kelly Egans CV is very impresive - He was at the Cowboys in 05 & 06 (they made their 1st GF in 05 as we wall know). He has been with Hasler at both Manly and the Bulldogs so has seen and been a part of success everywhere he has been.
He was also the coach of the Australian Junior Kangaroos in 2012, 2013 & 2014 so he must have a nice contact list in his phone from those days.
As for the board...they are the people we now need to see strong leadership and I don't give F^ck whether Marina Go knows who Laurie Daley is....Pascoe, Egan, Cleary do and so does Danny Stapleton and Mick Lubinskis (ex players who are on the board) they can tell her. As far as Marina and the other business people on the board are concerned...please do the following; Provide stability, provide good corporate governance (so we don't end up in court and with big fines like Parra) provide continued increasing membership, provide continued increasing sponsorship and corporate revenues and continue to make good choices in terms of hiring like they have in Cleary and Egan....and let them do ALL the FOOTY stuff!