Rumours (signings, sackings & other shit)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

We had Donald Kuah as team doctor. They can't compete with that.

madunit likes this.
  2. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Comparing JAC and Suli is like comparing apples and oranges. Both completely different styles of players. One has amazing speed and one has amazing power. I would like to have both, but if forced to make a choice I would take either of them for completely different reasons.

Don't forget for the last 6 months we have seen JAC on the back of the best club side running around for some time that love playing a expansive game, on the other hand we Suli playing in a side that was firing on one cylinder and going backwards. I still think Suli reminds me a little of a young Izzy

Clifferd likes this.
  3. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

As good as JAC is going atm I wouldn't take him back over Suli. Wing is the least of our worries atm so the last thing we should do is swap our best centre prospect for him (considering we haven't had a decent centre in years)

Centres are also a lot harder to come by and the fact I'm pretty content with our Nofo/Fonua wing combo next year

Vic Mackey, Tiger Ted and super_coach like this.
  4. RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n Juniors

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...-the-club-firming-for-matt-moylans-signature/

Josh Massoud and Liam Cox
    7Sport / 2 hours ago

would you look at that, scoop scooped the scoops :)

5. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    macnaz likes this.
  6. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

The best part about Suli:

Born in Fairfield, New South Wales, Suli is of Tongan descent and played his junior rugby league for Fairfield United. He was then signed by the Wests Tigers. Suli later said, "I got axed by Parra in Harold Matthews when I was 16. They actually wanted me back but I just didn’t want to go back. I just said I wasn’t interested. I was going good at the Tigers and I just wanted to stay here'

macnaz, Tiger Ted and Clifferd like this.
  7. RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n Juniors

did you throw a party when newcastle got up? :D

8. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

The lowlife wanka moses could learn a heck of a lot about gratitude & perspective from Suli!

Suli's centre partner Marsters displayed similar appreciation to the club when he resigned with us instead of 1 of the many predatory clubs that were vying for his signature.

9. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

I've always been a huge fan of Reynolds. People can look at stats all they want but the energy and competitiveness he brings to every game is unbelievable.

Queenslanders pick their origin team based on players who will put their hands over a fire and not let go until they win. NSW once picked a player like this and we won the series...

Vic Mackey likes this.
  10. macnaz

macnaz First Grade

Mick Neill rings a bell . .. heart is everything

super_coach likes this.
  11. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

Despite him and Hook not getting along there's still a reasonable chance he'll stay.

If he does go, the Sharks will move heaven and Earth to get him.

12. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

Moses was about to get over 800k. Reynolds is a better person, player, and team mate than that sniveling little merkin. He will be an asset for the club and I cant wait to see him run out in 18

13. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Agree

I think the main reason for the Reynolds signing was to change the attitude of the club. Look at the main guys we bought. Reynolds, Packer, Matulino and McQueen. None are superstars but all are tough, hard nosed experienced professionals who won't take a backward step.

These are the types of players our club has ALWAYS lacked. Apart from Gareth Ellis our team has always been soft when the going gets tough. It's been the club culture. No more.

As much of a gun play maker Moylan is to me he would be more of the same. Reynolds will be a good fit for Brooks and for our club as a whole.

14. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Juniors

From Sept 15th Justin Pascoe email to members.

15. macnaz

macnaz First Grade

Have a read RazorsRammed in!!

Clifferd likes this.
  16. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

it doesn't take much to b a better person or team mate than the insidious conceited flea Moses(geez I hope the cows knock parra out).My dispute re Reynolds who has a no. of fine traits is that at his age it would've been wiser to sign him on a shorter term contract (preferably 2 yrs).Considering the money we offered him Ive no doubt he wouldn't have been deterred from signing for 2 or 3 yrs.Albeit he will b an asset for us particularly in a backline with much youth & inexperience.

Clifferd likes this.
  17. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Read in the tele that we were looking at Sharks & Australian school boys fullback Dylan Smith.

18. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

On the WTs forum someone is saying we've already signed him so fingers crossed

19. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

Yeah we've already got him as a development signing apaz. Probably hedging our bets if Lolo doesn't pan out.

20. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

IMG_0379.JPG Still doing the rounds