What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon this is one of the reasons we signed Reynolds. Never met the bloke but by the sound of it he is the type of person to create a culture where everyone feels included. He's like that mate that goes out of their way to invite everyone to the pub and when you show up is genuinely interested in whats going on and introduces you to anyone you don't know.

Moses was brilliant for the Eels. I only see him getting better.

Clifferd

Coach
Rts off to a super rugby club

Assuming lolohea works out well at fullback, I’m hoping we chase an experienced dummy half with the freed up cash we have, it’s a position we’re probably weakest in imo

Shredder

Juniors
Agreed Cliff, when we can lose a player like Suli and noone bat an eyelid, our depth is going OK, but we still dont have a dummy half with consistent first grade and 80 minute experience on our roster. But, whos left?

Methinks we are actually saving the $500,000 we have from this years cap and Suli's $350,000 for a big play at Ivan the Younger.

Vic Mackey

Referee
2 seasons ago Dylan Walker, James Roberts, Tim Lafai and Michael Jennings all changed teams between new year’s and the beginning of the season. This off season the likes of Blake Green, James Maloney, Matt Moylan, Joel Thompson, Mitchell Pearce and Fatso have all swapped whilst still being under contract. Someone will pop up during the year and we’ll be in a great position to sign them if we want them.

simmo05

Bench
Thats right, we have until the new financial year to spend the cap i believe, wait to see if anyone pops up, if not, bonuses for the top performers

hindy111

Post Whore
Went missing against the cowboys in the finals I had to check the team sheets to see if he was actually playing

Forwards got pounded. If anything Norman was the dissapointing half. I could be wrong but I reckon Moses was the biggest loss of the big 3.

I dont mind Brooks.Tigers will be a gritty side this year. I dont see flashy footy but grinding tough footy.

hindy111

Post Whore
2 seasons ago Dylan Walker, James Roberts, Tim Lafai and Michael Jennings all changed teams between new year’s and the beginning of the season. This off season the likes of Blake Green, James Maloney, Matt Moylan, Joel Thompson, Mitchell Pearce and Fatso have all swapped whilst still being under contract. Someone will pop up during the year and we’ll be in a great position to sign them if we want them.

Agree. Its not like you have a premiership side so why buy guys you dont need just for sake.
Should be building the side for finals 2019 amd a crack in 2020. If made finals this year wpuld be a great achievement

Clifferd

Coach
Forwards got pounded. If anything Norman was the dissapointing half. I could be wrong but I reckon Moses was the biggest loss of the big 3.

I dont mind Brooks.Tigers will be a gritty side this year. I dont see flashy footy but grinding tough footy.

Nah Tedesco at his best is easily the biggest loss imo

Moses has the ability but throws his toys when things go south. Not the sort of player you need, but under a new coach and a decent footy side (I rate Parra top 4 ) the worlds his oyster.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Please mate. Moses isn’t fit to tie Tedescos shoe laces. Teddy is the only one of the 3 we lost that I’d want back. The other two are over rated and shit humans to go with it.

Enjoy the circus in 12 months when Moses is off contract. I’ve already got my popcorn ready

super_coach

First Grade
Moses,Woods and Teddy are all very good footballers, but they needed plenty of hard heads around them if we were going to succeed and we could not bolster our side if we had signed the three of them or probably even two of them. As it turned out they had no intention of ever resigning so its all hypothetical

One thing for certain, if we do happen to find a couple of diamonds in our lower grades or juniors they will be more likely to succeed now we have so many hard heads in the joint

BrotherJim05

Bench
We have managed to cover our losses pretty well, you could argue that Moses is better than Reynolds (and has more football ahead of him) but Reynolds is a better fit to this team with his competitiveness, experience and attitude. He is also a solid defender which we have lacked in a 5/8 for a very long time.
Losing Woods was a pretty big blow, he gets through a lot of work in the middle and it will be interesting to see how he goes with other experienced forwards around him (at club level), however, we have covered it pretty well by swapping Woods/Ava for Matulino/Packer.

Tedesco however is f**king irreplaceable Say whatever you want about hogging the ball or the way he left, but the truth is that if he decided to stay and bought into Cleary's game plan, we would be looking like a very very dangerous side.

Tigerm

First Grade
There is talk that Storm maybe on the verge of releasing Cameron Munster, it was suggested that a few clubs still have some cash including the WT's.

Clifferd

Coach
Well, for once we have the cash to splash at a player like Munster

But he’ll probably end up at the Rorters

BrotherJim05

Bench
No f**king way we are signing Munster. I will have to take a whole day off work just to deal with my uncontrollable spasms of laughter.

But on a serious note, why would Munster leave? He has the opportunity to be the dominant half in the best run rugby league club in the world. The only reason I could see this happening is if he wants to play fullback and he is being blocked by Slater unwilling to retire or Bellamy refusing to play him there.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No f**king way we are signing Munster. I will have to take a whole day off work just to deal with my uncontrollable spasms of laughter.

But on a serious note, why would Munster leave? He has the opportunity to be the dominant half in the best run rugby league club in the world. The only reason I could see this happening is if he wants to play fullback and he is being blocked by Slater unwilling to retire or Bellamy refusing to play him there.

I think the issue is moreso the storm possibly pushing him out.

Munsters openly said he wants to play fullback. Storm signed Papenhuyzen off us for 3 years and by all reports he’ll take up the 1 as soon as Billy leaves.

I’d rather Munster then RTS personally. But yeah, could see him going to Brisbane to replace Boyd who seems to be getting injured an awful lot these days.