What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Front-Rower

First Grade
The damage with Woods and Tedesco has been done. As far as I am concerned the fact they didn't pick up the phone, send a text or email to the club advising they are gone, request more time etc is weak and we don't want to fall into the trap of hanging on just because.

Tiger Ted

Bench
https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.n...canterbury-bulldogs/ny95hppp6nwu1ckxnqevqlnh2

Here's the article

Says his future still hasn't been decided and it's all media spin coming from the man himself. Why would he lie and make himself sound worse?

And more importantly, why couldn't he let the club know he wanted some more time to decide?
It's bad form & unacceptable that they didn't respond to the club by close of business on friday.There lowlife grubby player manager is culpable for the lack of courtesy his puppets have shown our club.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I keep banging on about chasing Corey Harira-Waera from the Panthers. He's off contract and stuck behind Carty, JFH and Merrin at the Panthers. Even though he's outplaying them all by a mile.

He would instantly become our best forward and he's played 3 first grade games. We'd be mad not to go for him. Apparently the Sharks and Storm are interested as well. We need to flex our bank balance muscle.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Think that's a bit harsh, I really like Ava. He never makes any mistakes like Grant and Woods did today. He carts it up and does his job. If we get Matulino he will be our enforcer and a guy like Ava will be a great foil.

Kelly said on MMM today the club has an offer to Ava on the table and waiting to hear back from him

Grant can leave though. Both Felisse and Tatola will be competing for his bench spot next year IMO.

Yeah Vic maybe im a bit harsh.
But for his size he should be a lot more intimidating....
Coming off the bench in 2018 would be my idea.

Apparently the mole is hearing that another backflip is on the cards with Teddy...

Take that as you wish, the mole is wrong as much as he is right.

macnaz

Staff member
Apparently the mole is hearing that another backflip is on the cards with Teddy...

Take that as you wish, the mole is wrong as much as he is right.
We can only hope , it would piss Politis off bigtime . It would be the very last time he would even consider a player from the Moses stable.
Ill pray to the football god tonight :)
If he hasnt put pen to paper as Teddy has said and its just the media saying its not really a backflip... but anyway i dont care if he backflips a million times as long as he lands back in Concord.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Ouch...

I wouldn't hate him joining the team but it's the 4 years that kills ya...

He might be ordinary come 2021..

Apparently dogs only offering him 3 year deall...and almost half of what we are offering

So over 3 years that means $500 year from doggies

Shredder

Juniors
He is better and at that price cheaper than Moses. Hes represented his state and is a competitor.

the beavers

Juniors
I must be the only one that doesn't rate Reynolds at all.
All effort and energy sure but dumb plays etc ...eg the final play on the weekend
Surely the young warriors lad lolohea? Is a better option at considerably less?

BrotherJim05

Bench
750k for Reynolds is a lot but that is the going rate for halves these days. You never know, it might not be a cool 3 million, it might be 2.8 million which would make it 700k a year. Media love to blow these things up and 3 million reads better than 2.8 (if anyone questions you could just say you were rounding up).

I like Reynolds, but I am worried about his combination with Brooks. Reynolds plays at a million miles an hour so I just hope Brooks can stay composed. We also then need a kicker......

BuffaloRules

Coach
I must be the only one that doesn't rate Reynolds at all.
All effort and energy sure but dumb plays etc ...eg the final play on the weekend
Surely the young warriors lad lolohea? Is a better option at considerably less?

They need some mongrel bought into the team...

As you say, effort and energy.. I would also add keep trying to the final whistle...all of them seem in short supply at the present...

Also, this might not be the most politically correct observation, but I think the team needs a bit more agro and less prayer meetings...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its 3 years with a 4th in our favour. 750k a year. Not overly overpriced.

If we retain teddy that makes life a lot easier for next year, as our spine will be set. There's plenty of cash left to buy forwards and a back or two