Rumours (signings, sackings & other shit)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Don’t rule that out ! I have a strong hunch we will get son of IC b4 his contract with Penrith ends & hence a swap with the gump Brooks is a real possibility.

2. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

I hope it's not an anti climax like Barba or Carney. Israel folou would be great from a marketing point of view not sure if he will be at his best. I rather gutherson Munster or Morgan

3. super_coach

super_coach Bench

It seems like the mystery man is Barba, when,how long and for what money is still a mystery

Clifferd likes this.
  4. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Yeah it’s Ben Barba. For how long and how much, not too sure

5. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

I know Barba won a premiership with the sharks but I thought he was more ‘solid’ then spectacular. He has lost that acceleration he had in 2012 and that was always his best asset. He isn’t a great ball player or explosive runner. Add to that the continued off field issues and it seems a very odd signing if true.

Maybe I’m being a downer but I don’t think I’d take him. I’d rather give Tui a crack at 1, if he isn’t working out then go hard for RTS or Coote who are both off contract. Even better Munster, Gutherson or Latrell and try to get them to ditch their current contract.

He isn’t a half anymore and as a bench utility I’d rather Benji or get a big name center and put Marsters back there

6. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

I agree with Vic - the rumour said it was a huge signing and a game changer. I don't rate Barba that highly. I would also assume the club would have to pay a big transfer fee to the English club. I don't really see what major problem he would be solving for us.

Obey, magpie_man, super_coach and 2 others like this.
  7. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

Tedesco is homesick?

Ron's_Mate likes this.
  8. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

I don't want him back. A complete merkin of a person.

magpie_man and super_coach like this.
  9. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Tedescos a merkin, but would still take him back in a heart beat. Moses and Woods hell no

In saying that, it won’t be teddy

10. tiger102

tiger102 Juniors

I don't see Barb as being a Big signing or a game changer, maybe if it was Morgan than yes he can be a big signing and a game changer. But Barba

11. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Juniors

For my entry in the guess the player sweep put me down for Nathan Cleary. Todays Telegraph has a story (denied by the coach) that there is unrest out Penrith way. With Griffens response about the possibility of Nathan leaving being along the lines of "that is up to him and his dad".

I cant see it being a player swap though. Brooks still hasn't proved himself for that.

I'm dreaming about Cleary and R T S joining us next year. How exciting would hat be!

Ron's_Mate likes this.
  12. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Was discussing the exact same thing with a mate this morning re the rapid catapulting of us being contenders if we recruited both Cleary & RTS.

There’s no doubt that the prodigious son of our coach would b pissed off at how the egotist Gould treated his old man & the opportunity to b coached by his beloved old man would b extremely enticing.

If we become a formidable team under IC this season I think it’s a given the Cleary’s will b reunited at Concord.

13. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

What about Quade Cooper? Isnt he disgruntled at the moment?

14. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

That's what i was thinking....."game changer"?

15. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Won't be Izzy, he doesn't play In the halves. If it needs NRL approval it's probably Quade Cooper but rugby would be have to kicking In a truck load of cash as 600 - 800k for an unproven half is crazy money especially when you think It could stop us for signing Jr Clearly

magpie_man and Clifferd like this.
  16. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Quade cooper reminds me of moses anyway but in the RU sense. From the games I’ve watched him play for the wallabies (call me crazy) he’s a bit of a flat track bully. Good against the shit teams, goes missing against the 1st class teams (All blacks, South Africa, England etc)

I’d rather we wait until Cleary jr is available like others have said.

magpie_man and Tigerm like this.
  17. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Looking at the other forum where the rumour started, people are now calling BS on the person who started it. Might just have been a trolling exercise and there is no big signing for next week.

18. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

When it comes to signings I wait until there is official confirmation via the club. People bullshit all the time.

19. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

..plus we don’t sign superstars !
    It’s y I’m always deeply sceptical when we r linked to an elite player like RTS.

I’d b more inclined to believe it if we were linked to a >30 yr old reserve grade plodder !

Clifferd likes this.
  20. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

We really haven’t signed any superstar quality players ever have we. That’s what happens when you focus solely on your juniors for scum clubs to poach them off you

axl rose likes this.