Rumours (signings, sackings & other shit)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Yes

2. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Different circumstances IMO

Benji had been gone for 5 years and was a much more mature and humble bloke coming back.

The Robbie stuff wasn’t even 18 months ago. His manager is still using the media to try and tear the club apart.

Plus Benji was playing good footy last year for a side that was in the top 4. Farah is going to be playing reserve grade for a side that came 12th last year.

Too much water under the bridge, Robbie should be welcome back in an off field role if he wants it after he’s been retired for 3-4 years.

Clifferd and Tiger Ted like this.
  3. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

No room on the Bus for destabilising egomaniacs !

Front-Rower and simmo05 like this.
  4. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

And why wouldnt Seibold value having a former SOO/ premiership winner as backup for Cook ...isnt depth important over there as well??.....can you imagine how many ways "robbie returns with a point to prove to where he was treated so badly" and "the real story of why i left part 22" would be served up day in day out by every RL hack through to women's weekly ...yeah we could really use some more of that. it would just put a big red line through everything that's been said by the club since the start of the rebuild.

5. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

Liddle will be a star by the years end. I dont think Cleary would be stupid enough to go down the farrah path either

super_coach and Tiger Ted like this.
  6. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Won’t surprise if Farah ends up in nations capital.He has a very good relationship with Ricky Stuart & Hodgson is out injured for a big chunk of the season.

Das Hassler and Clifferd like this.
  7. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Yeah fair points, guess the respect side of things with Farah and Marshall are poles apart. Might have a coaching role with the club a few years down the track

Das Hassler likes this.
  8. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

That's a good point. I could see a one year deal on the cards to cover Hodgson. It would also mean they don't have to rush him back into firsts and risk 'e injury

9. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Just think we are here to win, if RF fits that requirement and he is available then sign him up, I am sure IC could handle it, as would RF, the past is just that.
    I repeat what I said earlier, we need to start winning to attract the better players.

10. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

We made 3 semi final series with Farah at the club and I think it's fair to say that whilst he tried and played hard he didn't exactly carry us to success so why go back to an option that did not work?

In saying that, Benji has come back under the realisation that he is in a second fiddle role to Brooks and Reynolds and if he has to play reggies or off of the bench than so be it.

Also does anyone know why he is on the outter at Souths? Cook seen as a better option (and rightly so)?

11. Crazyperpman

Crazyperpman Juniors

The way I see it is we need an 80 minute hooker. Farah is an 80 minute hooker.

If he was signed under the expectation that he will be handing over to Liddle in the very near future and came at the right price it would be ok.

I doubt very much Farah would try the "Me or Him" tactic with Cleary and as dumb as the board has been in the past there is no way they would support it.

The reason Souths have chosen Cook above Farah is he is younger and better. If they want to give us Cook for next to nothing for a year or two I would take him too.

12. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach

Pretty much answered your own question. Speaking to Souffs fans Cook is the future and has youth on his side

The reason I bought up the suggestion is he would quite easily be our best option at hooker (until Liddle can finally stay injury free) and can play 80 mins without carrying another dummy half. Even though he's getting on in age i've always thought Farah's kicking game is probably in the top 3 in the league in his position which is something we're extremely poor in atm.

Crazyperpman likes this.
  13. magpie_man

magpie_man Juniors

We are paper-thin in terms of depth in the dummy-half position and Liddle:
    a. Hasn't proven that he's an 80-minute hooker yet, and
    b. Will be out for several weeks for the start of the season.
    Objectively, we'd be stupid not to at least consider Farah.

14. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

The problem wouldnt be "him or me"...he's well past having any leverage there. ...it's the second guessing decisions by the coach to the other players ( as with Lewis at the panthers) which affects the moral and confidence of young guys who look up to him as a player. He may have figured that out by now but rumoured to be unwanted at souths as experienced depth certainly isnt a good indicator. I'm a big fan of his as a player but there's more to success as a team than individual talent

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  15. super_coach

super_coach Bench

We have to look forward, okay Benji was lured back to the club, but I think that is more about marketing than football. Farah probably would do a job for us but we have to put all that behind us and move forward

Front-Rower likes this.
  16. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Farah? Jesus no, that plane has sailed. Front office wise we're in the best shape we've ever been in, no need to rock the boat.

Adding to that we struggled with him here and he's only older and closer to the end now.

17. simmo1

simmo1 Bench

Big no to Farah. Past it on the field and a destabilizing influence off the field. One of Taylor's good decisions was giving him the flick.

18. tiger102

tiger102 Juniors

If we are looking at hooker, we should be looking at Matt Parcell from Leeds Rhinos.

Tigers Tale likes this.
  19. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

But isn't he coming 'home' anyway as an ambassador?
    Just used good old google.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...n/news-story/10b4d93b925fbfca4e0d095fdbdbe413

SMH
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...st-game-for-wests-tigers-20151122-gl50ys.html

ABC
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-03/tigers-confirm-robbie-farah-will-not-be-back/7812234

Interesting times !

Clifferd likes this.
  20. Clifferd

Clifferd Coach