What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

If Wayne Bennett copped the rough end from the refs the way opposition teams do you wouldn’t hear the end of it.The NRL talks about integrity,what a load of sh#te that is when there is blatant favouritism occurring each week that decide results.

Das Hassler

Bench
Another rumour on the Tigers forum is that Marty Tapau wants to return to Concord.

If true not at all surprised. ..he needs a serious wake up though...probably plays at one of the lowest "potential / ability" percentages of anyone in the NRL...reputation off the back of a highlight run every now and again but rarely raises a real sweat for the team.

Tigerm

First Grade
If true not at all surprised. ..he needs a serious wake up though...probably plays at one of the lowest "potential / ability" percentages of anyone in the NRL...reputation off the back of a highlight run every now and again but rarely raises a real sweat for the team.
I thought during the Manly game cometary, Ray Warren (I think it was) mentioned that he had leading stats in attack in the NRL. TBH I can't remember what the stat was but the indication was he was one of Manly's best performers? Probably not hard considering there performances this year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I thought during the Manly game cometary, Ray Warren (I think it was) mentioned that he had leading stats in attack in the NRL. TBH I can't remember what the stat was but the indication was he was one of Manly's best performers? Probably not hard considering there performances this year.
If he can’t stand out at a woeful manly then it’s time for the super league !

Das Hassler

Bench
I may be being a bit hard on him but he has all that's needed to be the most dynamic and feared backrower in the game...if he'd gone and got a reality check under Bennet (as Blair did) for a season or two i'm sure he would have become that. He may not always feel like being out there...i dont know but he has a lot more to offer if he ever gets really serious

Vic Mackey

Referee
Taupaus personality reeks of the old Wests Tigers culture. All about himself and not the team. Marty would rather score 2 tries in a loss then none in a win. He is also the worst forward defender in the game. No thanks.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Taupau was serious about coming back and buying into ICs culture is take him back in a heartbeat. In our best 17 he would be coming off the bench...we have all seen what he is like coming off the bench

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not sold on Taupau. He has heaps of mistakes in his game which loses you games and he wants top dollar. He is a good player without the mistakes but unless you get him at a discount I'm not sure he is worth it.

He'd be great though in our pack. Packer and Matulino to start and Taupau and Twal to replace them. Play ET and Eisenhuth at lock and put Aloiai on the right edge.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don’t care about Taupau coz we have other positions in the team which need strengthening namely a couple of outside backs with speed & who r safe under the high ball, a top draw fullback (although Thompson has been a revelation & who’s to say he doesn’t own this position over the next few yrs) & if Liddle doesn’t have a breakout yr we need another quality hooker or at best a decent backup hooker to Liddle coz we r thin in this area.

Das Hassler

Bench
Biggest involvement and best game from Tapau since his demolition of Manly on our behalf to start the season a number of years ago...THIS Tapau week to week would be awsome if he could ever do it

Tigerm

First Grade
Watching the game against Roosters today, he played well.

Interesting, last week, his stats were RM-223mt, T-33, this week RM-265mt, T-19

Our best against Warriors was Nofo with 168 RM's.

Not saying I want him back, but he is not a dud either.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Rochow or Taupau tuff choice, give me a nano second to think about it
But that is not the complete choice.

It is Rochow on about 100K or Taupau on about 750K.

I reckon we could get much more value spending that 650K elsewhere than upgrading Rochow.

Is Taupau even off contract? if so that may explain his recent burst of good form.

Tigerm

First Grade
Rumour is the Dogs Morris twins are soon to be put on the market, don't see enough of them to know if they still have it?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Rumour is the Dogs Morris twins are soon to be put on the market, don't see enough of them to know if they still have it?
They’d walk into our team & in saying that there will b better than them on the mkt.We have a scarcity of quality in our 3/4’s.We’d better recruit well in these posiitions.The no.1 target for mine would b mansour.

gordsy

Juniors
I think if we got Mansour along with a steady 5/8 and a decent hooker who isn't constantly Injured like Liddle we'd be top 4 or close to it .

Perth Tiger

Bench
Still think we need an elite back rower as well. Lawrence shows glimpses that he could be that but always either gets injured or loses form.