What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Rush" poker

Ghoulies

Bench
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rush-poker

Rush Poker, or as it's also now known, the place where fish go to lose their money 5x faster, is Full Tilt's latest initiative to spice up poker while simulataneously increasing their rake profits by a sh*t load.

I multitabled for 2 hours last night and easily played over 2k hands, something which would take many more tables or many more hours to achieve in normal poker; plus it was actually quite fun.

The negative aspects to it are obviously that it's very difficult to keep track of who you've been playing with, and therefor nearly impossible to develop reads. Also now that there's no waiting around after folding, the fish will suddenly stop playing 90% of their hands as it now requires much less patience to wait around for strong starting hands. Naturally they'll still make mistakes so the games are still profitable, but I'd say not as profitable as standard poker is/was.

Anyone else had the chance to try this yet? I'm interested in hearing some other thoughts.

I go on a poker forum where lots of heavy players congregrate, and they hate it with a passion..... Pretty much bingo.

watatank

Coach
Variance would be ridiculous once everyone figures out that you need to play tight (which will be soon enough if it hasn't happened already). Regular SnG's are bad enough (in terms of variance)

Ghoulies

Bench
Variance would be ridiculous once everyone figures out that you need to play tight (which will be soon enough if it hasn't happened already).
Not really. You're seriously over-estimating the ability of the fish that populate these games. I've noticed that there are a lot fewer preflop mistakes being made, but still enough post flop mistakes to give any solid player a steady winrate.

And yes the regulars will realise that ABC poker is probably the most profitable style of play, but there are all sorts of opportunities for LAGs to exploit nittier opponents with no consequence to their table image.

watatank

Coach
Sorry, I was under some strange assumption this was a tournament structure as opposed to a faster cash game (without reads, etc). It certainly looks like it could be profitable... I have a FT account (but no money in it) but this might actually be an incentive to deposit..

HevyDevy

Coach
Sorry, I was under some strange assumption this was a tournament structure as opposed to a faster cash game (without reads, etc). It certainly looks like it could be profitable... I have a FT account (but no money in it) but this might actually be an incentive to deposit..

There is plenty of easy money on Rush. Widen your late position raising and re-raising ranges and you'll steal plenty of pots. In-fact, be VERY liberal with re-raising a cut-off open when you're on the button.

Saw a mate play rush cash he was very drunk and only playing upper micro stakes and was down $100 on PLO quicker then look at ya.

HevyDevy

Coach
The next issue of PokerNews Australasia and Pacific hits the stands in early January and has a very good article by Simon Watt on Rush Poker strategy in case you're interested.