What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think Packer maybe our 1st loss ....... to the Tigers with some deep pockets as the rumour seems to be building! I sure hope it's wrong as he is one forward I'd be definitely keeping in the engine room.

possm

Coach
I thought Packer was very good against the Roosters and his form is spot on .We should sign him now.
I believe that if we persist with the 'power game plan', we need 3 props on the bench or at least one player who is big and plays both prop and secondrow.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
All this talk about Luciano and he has not even started a game yet. If he is as good as they say, losing Packer may give the big fella a better opportunity as well as Jacob Host next season. They are good long term future forwards. As long as Saints lock in Vaughn, JDB, Friz, Sims, Thommo and McInnes long term, the Saints are in good hands. They can afford to lose Packer and use the cash to strengthen or use to retain current stars in the team e.g Duges.

possm

Coach
I think Packer maybe our 1st loss ....... to the Tigers with some deep pockets as the rumour seems to be building! I sure hope it's wrong as he is one forward I'd be definitely keeping in the engine room.
Millward needs to act now if he values Packer. With the apparent Vaughan back loaded extension, why not offer Dugan, Packer and Lafai backloaded contracts. Being long term contracts, there would be plenty of time to adjust in future years when the cap is higher.

Surely Millward can see this, so there must be another reason.

willzy91

Juniors
Millward needs to act now if he values Packer. With the apparent Vaughan back loaded extension, why not offer Dugan, Packer and Lafai backloaded contracts. Being long term contracts, there would be plenty of time to adjust in future years when the cap is higher.

Surely Millward can see this, so there must be another reason.

I do agree with you, though clubs are very wary of back ended contracts these days and doing too many of them...the best example the seaqueens remember. Too many back ended contracts and struggled to pay their players.

FlameThrower

Bench
Remember the outcry when Mulholland (who sent our roster about 2 years backwards) left? Millward seems to be doing alright.
100% spot on...we now have quality over quantity - depth fringe first graders..
I don't recall Mullholland focusing on too much on junior retention as well..

possm

Coach
Remember the outcry when Mulholland (who sent our roster about 2 years backwards) left? Millward seems to be doing alright.
I seem to recall Mullholland coming in to clean up Craig Young's mess. No money to retain Morris or Merrin and no cap to build a good pack of forwards. No, the old boys were looking for a job for Millward.

Mullholland also spent heaps of time trying to convince Bird to change his mind and stay at the Dragons.

Mullholland is now the recruitment officer for the Raiders. To me they seem to have a well balanced side with no contentious signings at hand.

Latest posts