What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I seem to recall Mullholland coming in to clean up Craig Young's mess. No money to retain Morris or Merrin and no cap to build a good pack of forwards. No, the old boys were looking for a job for Millward.

Mullholland also spent heaps of time trying to convince Bird to change his mind and stay at the Dragons.

Mullholland is now the recruitment officer for the Raiders. To me they seem to have a well balanced side with no contentious signings at hand.
correct, he was trying to fix the mess that he inherited and was brought in specifically to fix it, i remember one thing he said or was trying to implement was only 2 year contracts so you don't end up with a heap of players on long contracts that are not performing....

rasaint

Juniors
Well you can't sign then all. If Russell goes elsewhere it is because we are apparently still contemplating spending elite money on a standard good but far from great player that many here fawn over. Seriously we can live without Josh.

Widdop is a great signing, Packer would be a great signing, Lafai would be a great signing. Have we got the $$$?

since77

Juniors
I seem to recall Mullholland coming in to clean up Craig Young's mess. No money to retain Morris or Merrin and no cap to build a good pack of forwards. No, the old boys were looking for a job for Millward.

Mullholland also spent heaps of time trying to convince Bird to change his mind and stay at the Dragons.

Mullholland is now the recruitment officer for the Raiders. To me they seem to have a well balanced side with no contentious signings at hand.

I don't necessarily agree with how Milward got the job in the first place but he's done a much better job than Mulholland.

since77

Juniors
Well you can't sign then all. If Russell goes elsewhere it is because we are apparently still contemplating spending elite money on a standard good but far from great player that many here fawn over. Seriously we can live without Josh.

Widdop is a great signing, Packer would be a great signing, Lafai would be a great signing. Have we got the $$$?

You must be smoking some of the greatest weed of all time.

getsmarty

Immortal
I don't necessarily agree with how Milward got the job in the first place but he's done a much better job than Mulholland.

I think Mullholland inherited a bigger mess than Millward.so therefore hard to compare the 2. Also Mullholland was only here for a short time ( Maybe his hands were tied ) but agree I think Millward is doing a good job. We cannot pay players whatever they want...we have a Roster to juggle. Hopefully the days are gone when we play massive overs for players who end up being duds.

since77

Juniors
I think Mullholland inherited a bigger mess than Millward.so therefore hard to compare the 2. Also Mullholland was only here for a short time ( Maybe his hands were tied ) but agree I think Millward is doing a good job. We cannot pay players whatever they want...we have a Roster to juggle. Hopefully the days are gone when we play massive overs for players who end up being duds.

At least It seems like there is now a very clear and deliberate strategy to recruitment under Milward. I doubt I'm going to agree with all decisions they make but at least there seems to be a focussed and smart plan to maintaining a balanced roster. And that's not as easy a job as some people seem to think.

We signed and re-signed and persisted with a lot of duds on Mulholland's watch which was at least half the reason why we've played 1 finals game since 2012. I wasn't sad to see Mullholland go.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I think Mullholland fixed the cap hang over at the Dragons after Benny's premiership party which was worth it and as getsmarty said, in short time.

Millward able to feast and doing it very well also.

Gareth67

First Grade
Packer is a must and where the hell is that Marshmellew Masoe I mean seriously 18 months and not a game!!
Whack him on a stick and into the fire.

Yes I was wondering about big Mose also , apparently still struggling to get match fitness.
DragonSammy should be able to give us an update on just how well his progressing .

He was the player that I had hoped would be there on the bench come s.o.s series , as the Dragons are bound to have a few players selected .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yes I was wondering about big Mose also , apparently still struggling to get match fitness.
DragonSammy should be able to give us an update on just how well his progressing .

He was the player that I had hoped would be there on the bench come s.o.s series , as the Dragons are bound to have a few players selected .

Mose is struggling still not nrl level.
To me kerr is going ok.
Host and Luciano playing today for illawarra down 16 10 at the moment in 2nd half.
Bears have score 4 tries to 2

Mose will not see first grade this year he isn't even upto NSW Cup standard.

Head continues to keep f**king up with his selections and tactics and its very frustrating.

Leilua also won't see alot of first grade as he drifts in and out of games and thats not going to cut it.

Also Lawrie and Hind should be starting yet continue to get put on the bench.

Latest posts