What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RWC Semi: Wales vs France

andrew057

First Grade
...and other terrible field goal attempt.

Oh and can someone choke Andrew Slack out during halftime. The guy is a pathetic commentator.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I wouldn't watch league if they tried to stamp tackles like that out of the game. Player was hit hard, no hands between the legs and landed flat on his back.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Stamp it out? Its a contact sport mate, tackles like that will ALWAYS happen, whether its deliberate or accidental. I cant see how you could think otherwise?

There are better ways to tackle then lifting up and driving them head first into the turf... there are reasons spare tackles are outlawed, its not the refs fault Wharbuton did the tackle, nor is it the fault of the played who was tackled... spear tackles are send off offences.. that was a spear tackle.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I wouldn't watch league if they tried to stamp tackles like that out of the game. Player was hit hard, no hands between the legs and landed flat on his back.

he landed on the lower part of his sholder blades... another few degrees and he would have landed on his neck... In league you are penalised and usually suspended for tackles like that.

shiznit

Coach
i thought it was a good hard tackle....

maybe a yellow... but even that would be bollocks.

i dont know what Wales will do here... maybe take the centre off... and bring on a genuine loose forward.

no name

Coach
There are better ways to tackle then lifting up and driving them head first into the turf... there are reasons spare tackles are outlawed, its not the refs fault Wharbuton did the tackle, nor is it the fault of the played who was tackled... spear tackles are send off offences.. that was a spear tackle.

he landed on the lower part of his sholder blades... another few degrees and he would have landed on his neck... In league you are penalised and usually suspended for tackles like that.

You sir, are an idiot.

Te Kaha

First Grade
i thought it was a good hard tackle....

maybe a yellow... but even that would be bollocks.

i dont know what Wales will do here... maybe take the centre off... and bring on a genuine loose forward.

Just had the replay on.. he landed on his shoulders... it was a clear spear tackle... rules are rules.. they are send off offences...

And Wales cant sub off a back, would leave them one short in the defensive line at a scrum... not that france are playing well enough to exploit that.

shiznit

Coach

yeah... well i think punishing someone because they MAY have done something dangerous is utter bollocks.

a good solid shot on the chest is always a few degrees from being a high shot.

does that mean we ban tackles around the chest??

IMO he never let him go... he didn't drive him onto his head... i dont see the issue.l

Te Kaha

First Grade
yeah... well i think punishing someone because they MAY have done something dangerous is utter bollocks.

a good solid shot on the chest is always a few degrees from being a high shot.

does that mean we ban tackles around the chest??

IMO he never let him go... he didn't drive him onto his head... i dont see the issue.l

Replay clearly shows he lifted him up legs straight up and let him go head first... it was only luck he landed on his shoulder blades and not his neck... a hell of a lot differnt than a "high tackle"

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
If this France show up next week they'll be smashed (whether its Australia or New Zealand). Had it been 15 on 15 I think France would've been roadkill.

IanG

Coach
Wales score! Try to Mike Phillips. Steve Jones's kick hit the upright. france 9-8 Wales are back in this.

aussies1st

Staff member
Wales don't need the drop goal, they should have learnt by now that they just need to keep the ball in hand.