What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan McGoldrick returns to Sharks

Anonymous

Juniors
SadShark said:
The only memories I have of Ryan McGoldrick are that of him being in the side that was slaughtered by Newcastle 52-8 at Marathon in 2002. He did score a try though but, he let plenty in.

Considering he only came on in the final 20 minutes, I think you've got it wrong. For the short time he was on the paddock that night, he was probably Cronulla's best. Showed a lot of enthusiasm, made some good runs and like you said, scored a try. Played a lot better that night that Luke MacDougall or Preston Campbell did...

Genius Freak

Juniors
I remember that game. All Macdougall had to do was to dive on the ball and take a tackle. Instead he dived, missed the ball, and Tahu picked it up and laughed his way the final 5 metres to score. I believe that was the last game MacDougall played for us.

Special K

Coach
MacDougall :lol:

God that was a bad game. I even had money on us to win. Yet this year I went to the game thinking they'd crack 50 again and we got up!

HEY YA! Game of the season for us IMO. I wish I taped it

Frenzy

Juniors
PJ said:
I heard some positive news though. Seems we may have another centre.

Frenzy said:
There's a fair chance it's someone with a Scottish name

Well done Peej

OK who thought it was a Scottish Rah Rah player????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wattsy32

Juniors
swap Reick for Merrit....goal kicker needed

I beilive Reick should get the first crack at the wing position next year, i dont think Mc Goldrick should get a first chance to go into the first grade team, however if he does proove himself i beilive that he would be a good player, just not straight away

Morpheus

Juniors
Ryan will prove to be one of the better signings over the next 3 years.

He performed well V the warriors early 2002 when most of the clubs older players were left out and he has great talent.

His return is not new news though is it ? I do believe it was made pretty clear on the official sites message board before the close of season even that he was returning.

Anonymous

Juniors
His return is not new news though is it ? I do believe it was made pretty clear on the official sites message board before the close of season even that he was returning.

It had been discussed quite a lot but never actually confirmed. Its not really a surprise.

Booyah

Bench
El Garbo said:
SadShark said:
The only memories I have of Ryan McGoldrick are that of him being in the side that was slaughtered by Newcastle 52-8 at Marathon in 2002. He did score a try though but, he let plenty in.

Considering he only came on in the final 20 minutes, I think you've got it wrong. For the short time he was on the paddock that night, he was probably Cronulla's best. Showed a lot of enthusiasm, made some good runs and like you said, scored a try. Played a lot better that night that Luke MacDougall or Preston Campbell did...

Strike 3 Mickey. I think you'll find that it was actually Franze who came off the bench that night and made his Debut. I'm pretty sure McGoldrick started the match on the Wing. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong anyway.

Take that, you godamned Swahsbuckler. 8) :lol:

Booyah said:
El Garbo said:
SadShark said:

Strike 3 Mickey. I think you'll find that it was actually Franze who came off the bench that night and made his Debut. I'm pretty sure McGoldrick started the match on the Wing. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong anyway.

Take that, you godamned Swahsbuckler. 8) :lol:

Franze and McGoldrick came off the bench. MacCdougall started on the wing.

McGoldrick played OK in 2001. A game against the Cowboys stands out. He played poorly for the Waratahs, but won a comp with Easts RU.

I think he's a solid sort of player who can at least tackle.

IT'S BEEN A BAAAAAD DAY PLEASE DONT TAKE OUR PICTURE
IT'S BEEN A BAAAAAD DAY PLEEEEEEEEEEASE

IT'S BEEN A BAAAAAD DAY PLEEEEEEEEASE

LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN; LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN

Booyah

Bench
El Garbo said:
Take that, you godamned Swahsbuckler.

Yeah f**k you too! Look who wins again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, I wouldn't be saying that just yet mate. ;-)

I was at Bare Island at 2:30am last night with my hordes of drunken Samoans and the cannon-proof Delorean. I didn't see a single Ninja or Pirate- and I sure as hell didn't see you.

Too scared to come out eh? I guess you really are a Pirate then Micky. :D :lol: :lol:

I win this round. ;-)

beerboy

Juniors
blueboatboy2 said:
but won a comp with Easts RU

it was only the Shute Shield though the big GF is the Tooheys New Cup which those nobs Eastwood beat my 2nd favourite sporting team Randwick

Speaking of RahRah centres id love to have the Irish Brian O'Driscoll in our backline one of the best in the world

Latest posts