What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryobi One Day Cup - NSW v SA

franklin2323

Immortal
How good is it too call on the experience of Lee & Bollinger at the end of the game. add Bracken too the mix. Sadly it leaves the young guns out but give NSW a great attack

yappy

Bench
Cracker of a game. Even given it was at NSO I didn't think SA would get within 50 of that total.

Does anyone else see Christian as a bolter for the World Cup squad next year? the guy can bowl alright and can score some quick fire runs at the end of the innings, would be a handy inclusion.

aussies1st

Staff member
He would be a given now, his form is too good not to take. Was flipping between him and Hastings but he should be a lock now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
now that was a game of cricket

who said Khawaja wasn't an ODI batsman

Bing proved he still has what it takes

and Christian was brilliant, should be a shoe in for our T/20 squad

yappy

Bench
who said Khawaja wasn't an ODI batsman

I had my doubts, but also said that if he was going to become one opener would probably be his best spot. Fantastic innings. Hopefully that will give him the impetus to convert his Shield 50's into big scores.

Tweed Titan

Bench
We almost lost the game from a near unbeatable position. Our fielding and wicket keeping was atrocious, some of the worst you will truly ever see.

Henriques bowling absolute puff as usual, which selector is this guy rooting? Short balls at 110 KPH aren't really going to trouble anyone at FC level, especially at NSO. To think the NSW rejects like Dan Christian or Ed Cowan (there'd be more too) could be playing for us instead of this mythological creature.

Our captaincy was a joke, allowing SA back into it not protecting any singles around the ground at times, even when the run rate required was only just above or around 6 for long periods with wickets in hand. It was a miracle we pulled this one out in the end, Brett Lee was exceptional closing both sessions for us.

I think the current set up stinks in NSW cricket. We consistently have the most talented cricketers in the country to choose from, as well as great depth in quality, yet so regularly struggle to compete in the domestic competitions.
Apart from that a good, entertaining game for the neutrals I suppose.

On the positive side Nic Maddinson played beyond his years and looks like he could be a great player. Well done Usman Kuwaja, you really are a class act!!!

Red Bear

Referee
Dude, we're top of both tables at present, we're doing alright. You cant take much away from NSO games as it really is a small ground and a great pitch/outfield.

Love North Sydney, wish I could've gone up there the other day!

franklin2323

Immortal
Not too mention Hazelwood & Starc.

Yeah but would you drop our experience for Youth?? Even up to the last over the game was in for the taking. Lee knew where to bowl it. Would Starc or Hazelwood?? It's great having depth but causes problems when the Australian selectors don't play our players