What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Doust poll

Should Doust be sacked as our CEO

• yes

Votes: 98 91.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters

hillbillyserb

Juniors
Doust is in no doubt a plain dumb ass who thinks modern finance and shrewd business decision's is trying to squeeze another poker machine.
But all the polls in the world wont change that, he will keep collecting his pay packet until he decides to retire and make his son the CEO.

One look at the dogs will show the difference between fans who demand changes and fans like us who just shoot the shit online and cross our fingers.

True_Believer

Juniors
I'm curious to know what you base some of these statements on?

I do not believe that Doust has the rugby league brain to be our CEO.

Your belief based on your rugby league knowledge and/or your experience running a multi-million dollar sporting business? I agree, outwardly, there are some things that he doesn't appear to be doing well, but until I know the full details on why some of these decisions are made (which we are never privy to), I can't really comment confidently or call for his resignation.

I also do not believe that Doust has the business acumen to be our CEO. We have struggled to compete with other teams when it comes to offering 3rd party deals, Doust must take responsibility for that.

We all know that business acumen and TPA's don't go hand in hand. If there is anything he is guilty of here is playing by the rules. We know that some clubs don't and that has been proven (ie Melbourne) - if anything, this should fall squarely in the lap of the NRL itself. The clubs that play by the rules always seem to get punished for doing so - and I suspect that will happen again with cap issues arising for next year.

We are now in debt with the NRL. Doust must take responsibility for that.

How much are we actually in debt? 6 million? 7 million? 10 million? If you ask the media, they all have different figures - and really, they have no idea. Consider this - the club borrowed an undisclosed amount a few years back and have been paying that back over those years. I suspect the figure is far less than those touted by the media. We also need to remember that most clubs would be borrowing money. For some reason, those that have borrowed from the NRL seem to be the ones targeted by the media - and the Dragons seem to be the centre of that target due to certain journo's constantly niggling them. I wouldn't believe everything the media prints. I also wouldn't expect the club to be open with the fans about their financial dealings. That's just not a wise business approach.

We resigned Mary twice mid season, when there were no other clubs interested in signing Mary. Mary should have been sacked at the end of last year and Jason Demetriou, been given the opportunity. Mary should now be sacked.

Again, we don't know the circumstances of JDs departure. I'm not going to speculate on what happened there. Having said that, I do question the Mary resigning. Alternatives were limited so I can't be sure on the actions taken to source another coach. Isn't the signing of a coach the job of the board? I'm guessing Doust is just one vote in the process.

We have taken games away from our 2 home grounds and played them at opposition home grounds instead. lol Doust should is responsible for that.

You mean RGRV? This is a tough one as the cost of maintaining games at WIN and Kogarah is pretty high. From what I understand, this costs the club money even if the crowd is reasonable. Unless you are talking about taking scheduled home games to opposition grounds?

We have only made the semi's once since 2011 and were knocked out in the first week. Doust must take responsibility for that.

See the Mary comments. I'd also suggest the players have to take some responsibility for this.

I'd vote Yes purely on tenure. I think the club does need some new ideas and blood. But also as Benny has pointed out, the board is probably a bigger issue than anything else. It needs an overhaul.

Have you tried talking to Doust directly about some of these things? I've emailed him and spoken to him in person about various issues and if you approach it sensibly he's quite open to discussion.

gregstar

Referee
You can't vote twice which is ridiculous.

Surely we can have options that mean the same thing & allowing multiple votes.

gregstar

Referee
just sack every f*cking prick at the joint top to bottom no matter what they do, including any guest who walks into the leagues club.

sack every gimp in sight.

Frank Facer

First Grade
So far the poll is 67 voted for Doust to be sacked and 6 have voted for him not to be sacked. I am finding it difficult to understand how 6 people want Doust to continue to be our CEO. I know that one poster who voted for Doust not to be sacked, said they voted that way, because he/she thought that Craig Young would be the new CEO. I doubt that would happen.

Sack Doust now.

gonz

Juniors
I'm curious to know what you base some of these statements on?

Your belief based on your rugby league knowledge and/or your experience running a multi-million dollar sporting business? I agree, outwardly, there are some things that he doesn't appear to be doing well, but until I know the full details on why some of these decisions are made (which we are never privy to), I can't really comment confidently or call for his resignation.

We all know that business acumen and TPA's don't go hand in hand. If there is anything he is guilty of here is playing by the rules. We know that some clubs don't and that has been proven (ie Melbourne) - if anything, this should fall squarely in the lap of the NRL itself. The clubs that play by the rules always seem to get punished for doing so - and I suspect that will happen again with cap issues arising for next year.

How much are we actually in debt? 6 million? 7 million? 10 million? If you ask the media, they all have different figures - and really, they have no idea. Consider this - the club borrowed an undisclosed amount a few years back and have been paying that back over those years. I suspect the figure is far less than those touted by the media. We also need to remember that most clubs would be borrowing money. For some reason, those that have borrowed from the NRL seem to be the ones targeted by the media - and the Dragons seem to be the centre of that target due to certain journo's constantly niggling them. I wouldn't believe everything the media prints. I also wouldn't expect the club to be open with the fans about their financial dealings. That's just not a wise business approach.

Again, we don't know the circumstances of JDs departure. I'm not going to speculate on what happened there. Having said that, I do question the Mary resigning. Alternatives were limited so I can't be sure on the actions taken to source another coach. Isn't the signing of a coach the job of the board? I'm guessing Doust is just one vote in the process.

You mean RGRV? This is a tough one as the cost of maintaining games at WIN and Kogarah is pretty high. From what I understand, this costs the club money even if the crowd is reasonable. Unless you are talking about taking scheduled home games to opposition grounds?

See the Mary comments. I'd also suggest the players have to take some responsibility for this.

I'd vote Yes purely on tenure. I think the club does need some new ideas and blood. But also as Benny has pointed out, the board is probably a bigger issue than anything else. It needs an overhaul.

Have you tried talking to Doust directly about some of these things? I've emailed him and spoken to him in person about various issues and if you approach it sensibly he's quite open to discussion.
Just ask doust we're not in debt. Move on

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I have decided to make a thread up, with poll of if Doust should be sacked. I know the poll will be heavily in favor of Doust being sacked. I actually wonder if there will be any Saints fans, besides Doust's family members who think that Doust should not be sacked. I believe that when we put poll up with 100+ votes for Doust to be sacked and under 5 votes for him to not be sacked will be a very telling indication of how much Saints fans want Doust to be sacked and how ignorant the powers that be are to this.

Think of this thread as a petition.
Do one for sacking the Board first and again it will be +90% sack

Latest posts