What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Latimore

slippery5

Juniors
Yes I also read that and it made me wonder yet again about Mary's capacity for thinking clearly . slippery5 - make no mistake about it , I would expect only the best players to be selected each and every week and I also believe that there are a few ISP players who should be in the top grade instead of Latimore , but we all know whom is selecting him .

Absolute stupity , as O.T. Has said earlier if the dragons wish to win a premiership they must have these younger blokes in the team , otherwise we will once again be watching the latter part of the final series as uninterested observers .
Penrith's bench proved that.

BennyV

Referee
Why the hell would we consider extending Latimore before the end of the season? There’s not going to be anyone tripping over to sign him, let’s see what comes on the market and if we don’t look like filling 2 quality prop spots, then sign him.

BennyV

Referee
Guys I realise our prop situation is thin so way out of left field - do you learned gentlemen and ladies think that Host could be somehow turned into a prop ? I think he has the size for it - similar to prior
Justa thought and then sele could be a backrow replacement
No.

Complete misuse of his skill set. Guy is a natural edge backrower only, his hole running, post-contact metres and choice of angles are where we’ll get value from him once we get a coach who understands what an edge backrower is used for!

Why the hell would we consider extending Latimore before the end of the season? There’s not going to be anyone tripping over to sign him, let’s see what comes on the market and if we don’t look like filling 2 quality prop spots, then sign him.

Problem is most of the quality front rowers have already been signed, Wallace, Boyd, Ah Mau, there’s nit much left coming off contract.

Gareth67

First Grade
Guys I realise our prop situation is thin so way out of left field - do you learned gentlemen and ladies think that Host could be somehow turned into a prop ? I think he has the size for it - similar to prior
Justa thought and then sele could be a backrow replacement

Personally I would prefer him in the 2nd row , although the Dragons as we all realise are going to be without most of our potent defensive and attacking forwards during the SOO series , so the man will at least be in the run on side during those games .

The guy is a solid no frills prop.

He is for me a fringe candidate for first 17.

He brings experience to the squad. Solid defender. Limited speed and agility.

Would prefer a bench with:

LAM
Host/Leilua
Lawrie
Sele

Latimore to rotate every few weeks with Lawrie and Sele.

The Damo

Juniors
To be brutally honest I’m starting to feel the same way about Graham.
Experience, yes.
Potency, not so much.
It looks that way to me too so did some stat searching and comparing
Graham avg per game
12 runs
105 metres
Avg 8.75 per run
0.7 tackle breaks
0.8 offloads
First vs the QLD props
Napa
9 runs
89 m
9.9m per run
0.7 tb
0.4 offloads
Wallace
13 runs
113m
8.7m per run
1.3 tb
0.6 offloads
Some other props
JWH
12 runs
9.1m per run
0.6 tb
0.8 offloads.
Packer
8 runs
10m per run
0.1 Tb
0 offloads
Lodge
14 runs
9.1m per run
1.8 Tb
1.3 offloads.
Paasi
10 runs
8.9m per run
1.2 tb
1.4 offloads

So yes his metres per run is not top shelf at all.
Though his numbers are very comparable with Wallace who has just been selected for Origin.
He also has more tackles at a higher effective percentage than all the above too. Looks like he sits just outside top ten for tackles by a prop.
So potency not so much - effective worker certainly. There’s a place for that, but still would like to see a Moreno even split of minutes between him and Ah Mau.

giboz71

First Grade
Latimore having a good season and really chipping in. Seems to be a good bloke for the group too if you follow the team much on social media. He's the class clown by looks of things.

He’s been a nice surprise.

Had doubts he could be the 2nd reserve prop but this has allowed Sims to move to the edge where he’s killed it.

He’s doing fine there but it’s nice to know that Lawrie and Sele are ready to step in if he loses form.

mickeylane

Bench
It looks that way to me too so did some stat searching and comparing
Graham avg per game
12 runs
105 metres
Avg 8.75 per run
0.7 tackle breaks
0.8 offloads
First vs the QLD props
Napa
9 runs
89 m
9.9m per run
0.7 tb
0.4 offloads
Wallace
13 runs
113m
8.7m per run
1.3 tb
0.6 offloads
Some other props
JWH
12 runs
9.1m per run
0.6 tb
0.8 offloads.
Packer
8 runs
10m per run
0.1 Tb
0 offloads
Lodge
14 runs
9.1m per run
1.8 Tb
1.3 offloads.
Paasi
10 runs
8.9m per run
1.2 tb
1.4 offloads

So yes his metres per run is not top shelf at all.
Though his numbers are very comparable with Wallace who has just been selected for Origin.
He also has more tackles at a higher effective percentage than all the above too. Looks like he sits just outside top ten for tackles by a prop.
So potency not so much - effective worker certainly. There’s a place for that, but still would like to see a Moreno even split of minutes between him and Ah Mau.
What Graham brings you can't coach, buy or instill! He's a top shelf team motivator and an effort machine - he embarrasses his team into emulating his efforts on the field.. He's the catalyst for our forwards performing consistently this year..

you cannot have a forward pack of superstars .some of you guys make me laugh,there's always one or two toilers in every pack have a look at some of the other cattle .want to swap.no thanks........

You picked that outta the blue, I've decided to completely reverse my opinion of previous weeks.........and claim I was hacked and never posted that.
Latimore is playing really well, Graham's had a couple of good games.

Latest posts