What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Latimore

giboz71

First Grade
you cannot have a forward pack of superstars .some of you guys make me laugh,there's always one or two toilers in every pack have a look at some of the other cattle .want to swap.no thanks........

Bennett often put Jon Green into our star studded forward pack. Matt Prior as well was a great example of a toiler.

Over the course of 26 weeks, you need these guys.

Don’t think Latimore has nearly cost us a game, like Luc did against the Rabbits. I noted elsewhere Luc hasn’t been near FG since. Seems if you don’t buy into the effort guys like James Graham expects, you don’t get to play.

giboz71

First Grade
Ok I'm warming to him but, I wonder if we would having this conversation if Host was given that role early on to cement his spot?

Graham has said the ISP guys have been playing out of their skin, explains why we’re in the top 4 in ISP as well.

Perhaps guys like Host, Sele, Lawrie and co needed a rocket up them with old blokes like Lats and JG getting it done in FG the first part of season.

Sometimes motivating guys to play better beats just giving them a spot in the 17 just for the sake of it.

Seems to have worked for Host who looked pretty motivated last night. Good squad management perhaps?

Frank Facer

First Grade
I will admit that I was a critic of Latimore at the start of the season, even calling him soft. I think he deserves his place in the team and is making a valuable contribution. Keep it up.
Host can play prop, but is probably better off as an edge backrower.

Gareth67

First Grade
Without doubt the signing of the year ! Actually he has surpassed many peoples expectations - he certainly is no hasbeen , the man returned to the club that gave him a 2 nd chance and he has repaid the Dragons with many solid performances ( least of all the C.Smith lost balls incident ) .

The road through the finals as we all realise will be one where only the toughest shall survive , pleased to know that the Dragons will have Jeremy Latimore on board . :innocent:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Without doubt the signing of the year ! Actually he has surpassed many peoples expectations - he certainly is no hasbeen , the man returned to the club that gave him a 2 nd chance and he has repaid the Dragons with many solid performances ( least of all the C.Smith lost balls incident ) .

The road through the finals as we all realise will be one where only the toughest shall survive , pleased to know that the Dragons will have Jeremy Latimore on board . :innocent:
I think Ponga is the signing of the year. Hunt, Graham, Green and Maloney would all be among the signings of the year.

Latimore could be the bargain buy of the year?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I think Ponga is the signing of the year. Hunt, Graham, Green would all be among the signings of the year Maloney.

Latimore could be the bargain buy of the year?

Tongue in cheek comment only Frank and yes he very well would be close to the best bargain buy in 2018 . Agree about Ponga , tremendous potential and will be one of the best for many years .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Host was injured at the start of the year, missed the first 3 games?..Latimore should be given another year especially with LAM going, we can use his size and experience as i dont see anyone in ISP currently able to play prop on a regular basis in the NRL...
I think we should be playing Lucky prop in the ISP to see if he could be Ah Mau's replacement next year.

I've been a Latimore fan all year, but particularly in the last 5-6 weeks when we've had a few issues. He runs onto the ball (Hallelujah!) and gains yards when we need it. Maybe the spray tan has made him slipperier to tackle...

Our backs have tended to do a lot of work when we're trying to get out of trouble but he's always there to help drive it up when on the field. Solid in defence too.

Can't fault him one bit.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Tongue in cheek comment only Frank and yes he very well would be close to the best bargain buy in 2018 . Agree about Ponga , tremendous potential and will be one of the best for many years .
Have to totally agree about Ponga ,tremendmous potential .we have a guy called Dufty who shows a little bit of potential also ..

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Host's early season ISP form wasn't really that great to be honest. I think Latimore deserved the spot
On what basis do you come up with that assessment?
He was injured for part of the early rounds, came back and was out injured again.
Did absolutely nothing wrong and Latimoe who was supposed to be a so called “depth” signing was always in dear old Mc Fookknuckles calculations
If Host had of been given his shot from the start Latimore might have been in reggies other than covering for injuries.

MilanDragon

Juniors
On what basis do you come up with that assessment?
He was injured for part of the early rounds, came back and was out injured again.
Did absolutely nothing wrong and Latimoe who was supposed to be a so called “depth” signing was always in dear old Mc Fookknuckles calculations
If Host had of been given his shot from the start Latimore might have been in reggies other than covering for injuries.

I don’t know who Mc Fookknuckles is but I do believe to your point or coach Mcgregor couldn’t have played Host early season as he was injured.. just like you mentioned.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The only young guns who have impressed me are Dufty, Herbert, Host, Lomax and Robson. Field, Garrick, Lawrie, Leilua, Marsters, Ross and Sele still need greater consistency which veteran older players like Ah Mau, Graham and Latimore bring to the team. At least two of the five have been given a go in NRL and the others deserve a go when the
Representative players are out. I was surprised that Pereira was left out of the NSW Residents' Side as he is the leading tryscorer with about 13 tries.
Jason Gillard also seems to be scoring plenty of tries in Jersey Flegg. I think that Nicholls will be a handy fill in for Widdop if required.