What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Carlton

Juniors
Did anyone notice the look an Mary's face during the game?

He looked like it was the end, absolutely shattered. Does anyone know anything?

St Georgio

Juniors
Did anyone notice the look an Mary's face during the game?

He looked like it was the end, absolutely shattered. Does anyone know anything?

At the end of the day, when you decide to have a crack at head coach, particularly at a club with rich history like the Dragons, you could be sacked within the first year..these guys who want to have a crack at it, must realise this..they should psychologically accept this..therefore it eliminates any hurt or embarrassment..now please let us try another man willing to have a go, if it is another rookie offer 2 years max!

thebigredv

First Grade
The ball handling was incredibly bad, right from the very first play. This is something we've been okay with recently.

Look, at times, with McInnes and a few back rowers running up the middle we look somewhat improved.

Carlton

Juniors
It could just be the look of a man who knows a week is a looooong time in football.

It's probably wishful thinking but I thought he looked like someone who has just failed to achieve a milestone of some sort. He really looked like that was the end, I'm done.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
One thing painfully obvious from yesterday was the "lack" of preparation by McGregor.

Take Arthur for example: he had obviously analised our game from the week before, identified weaknesses such as Aitken and how our forwards would be stifled by a rush defensive line. This not something that happened on Friday, he would have trained for this all week and had his players execute them in training drills.

Now what did our master coach do?

At half time yesterday, it was painfully obvious what Parra was doing, so what did McGregor do to inject change into the team? mmmm nothing. At 18-6 we were still in the game but we needed to mend the hole in our defense that was being exploited, mmm no let's wait till the 68th minute when the game was already lost. Once the change was made that leak ceased. In fact Semi's last try was scored on the opposite side.
So what game plan for next week? maybe we'll watch a video or 2 of Cronulla's win, maybe identify some weakness and do some drills around exploiting that, or maybe we will just say we are going for the "power game' again, simple, training complete for the week.

My bet is Flannagan has already watched our performance yesterday and against Penrith and has identified plays and will execute them at training probably as early as today.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Positive stuff from Mary in the Presser, speaking about completion rate being 58%, the boys will learn from that, 4 tries coming off their silly mistake's, they knew Parra's line speed was great, 8 day turn around , they trained well, the only problem they dished up vomit again in front of 16000 again.
The $2 man says that the boys will learn from it and look forward to the local derby against the Sharks.

I listened to Griffins presser after last week's loss. No mention of any positives, not that there were many.

Turn to Mary, clutching at straws and making excuse again and there is not one bit of accountability.

Own the performance and take responsibility because it's getting a bit old.

ALSGI

Bench
I still haven't been able to watch this weeks presser, did the genuis talk about 'one hot soup' this time?

Regardless, Sack the bastard !

Take Arthur for example: he had obviously analised our game from the week before, identified weaknesses such as Aitken and how our forwards would be stifled by a rush defensive line.

There is no better coach at analising our game than Mary. We have to bend over and hold our ankles for this dope.

Straight Shooter

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Dugan, Mac Donald and Widdop were the only players I would retain in the backline. The other four should be dropped for say Dufty, Field, Mann and Milne.

to_ddeath

Coach
Poor ball control is obviously another area that he has nothing to do with....refer that one on to the assistants, as that attacking coach from NQ is no longer around to blame for it...

T.

I listened to Griffins presser after last week's loss. No mention of any positives, not that there were many.

Turn to Mary, clutching at straws and making excuse again and there is not one bit of accountability.

Own the performance and take responsibility because it's getting a bit old.

As usual, I try to place my abject hatred for super coach to the side and view things objectively (hence my handle).

In the presser, it seemed to me that Mary was relaxed with where the team is at. He seemed to treat yesterday's result as an aberration. I get the distinct impression this dope thinks the team, under his tutelage, is headed in the right direction.

Straight Shooter

epDragon62

First Grade
Well, the Sharkies match will certainly give us some insight into how our direction is going...

If McGregor doesn't have the gumption to send Aitken to Illawarra for some intensive defensive adjustment our direction is backwards.

John moz

Juniors
What is young and hornby doing with the team .Again 3 years with mary and shit defence and structure last week was a fluke. Drop ball no defense no attack and no offloads on the weekend. Widdop mcrone nightingale need to be let go asap.