Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Drakon

Drakon Juniors

Not giving Mann a run is unforgiveable on many levels

blacksafake and Country Dragon like this.
  2. SaintElroy

SaintElroy Juniors

With warriors, tigers and manly to come in a little nervous we could be 5-1. Don't get me wrong, I would love that result early in the season but so would Mary.

to_ddeath and blacksafake like this.
  3. God-King Dean

God-King Dean Moderator Staff Member

We're winning because we've signed a good forward pack who are winning us games.

It has nothing to do with McGregor's 'tactics', or any set pieces he's created. IIRC only try we've scored from a set piece is McCrone kicking to the other side of the ruck for a Widdop try.

But we'll have a roughly 50% win rate at the end of the season, & we'll stagnate for a further 2 seasons.

St Georgio and This Year? like this.
  4. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Exactly.
    The better sides as shown by the eels last week will be too solid for us if the forwards don't win the battle easily.Not taking anything away from the boys but really the panthers & sharks were certainly way off the pace against us.Unfortunately we are going to have to go through the season hoping for the opposition to be off their game as well as getting the 50/50 calls.

PS
    I still want him sacked.

to_ddeath likes this.
  5. Gomarchin

Gomarchin Juniors

My great fear is we jag a couple more wins and they re-sign McJetski for a further 2 years only to see us miss out on the 8 and finish bottom 4 this year. We do exactly the same next year but Mary will have wasted 5 years in charge.

We need the BEST available coach next year and beyond.

Who cares if he bleeds red & white or if he can close the "deal" by riding on a jetski.

6. This Year?

This Year? Bench

With a good coach we turn a bottom 4 side with a good forward pack into a top 8 team.

It's that simple.

7. Risky_6

Risky_6 Juniors

Jason Taylor gone

8. hindy111

hindy111 Coach

Dragons predicted to finish 2nd last from sportsbet.

I said they will surprise and do better. Beaten Penrith and Sharks. 2/3. Hope Mary is learning at his job and improving. I like the tough roster he is building. If somehow which I highly doubt use played finals then Hunt arriving next season and some of these young juniors coming thru it could be top 4.

SEAT 1A likes this.
  9. 2010

2010 Juniors

Lot of posts have said that Penrith and Cronulla were off their games. I don't agree they were beaten by a better team.

Ljack77777, hindy111 and doda like this.
  10. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

This has been said pretty much any time we have beaten a team above us, for the last 3 years. It cannot be true in all cases.

11. hillbillyserb

hillbillyserb Juniors

Another couple wins and they will re sign numb nuts as coach

12. Red V for life

Red V for life Juniors

With wins over the Panthers and Sharks along with the reported imminent sacking of Jason Taylor, Mary would be feeling safer by the day.

The Tigpies will take Cleary if they can (otherwise Todd Payton). End result, we'll hear from the Dragons that Mary is the best on offer.

Hasler will be a Dog or a Sea Eagle for mine.

Jason Taylor would be available (lmao).

The stars are aligning in a way I'm not happy about.

hillbillyserb and Country Dragon like this.
  13. hindy111

hindy111 Coach

Steve folkes

14. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Crystal ball: We beat Warriors and Tigpies, McGregor gets extended and we go on a 4 game losing streak (Manly, Cowboys, Roosters, Storm).

15. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

Which isn't far off ANZAC DAY. Sounds about right for that sort of announcement......

16. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Juniors

Took West Tigers 2 bad losses to sack their coach....harsh but decisive given they finished above us last season. Many are tipping Cleary to take over.
    Dragons have waited for 3 seasons to decide and by the time it comes to get a new coach, the cupboard will be bare. We had a chance to get both Neil Henry and Brad Arthur some seasons back but stuck with Price initially and then Mary...

17. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

I believe its time for the dragons to either announce the coach for next year or hurry up and sign one so we can sign the players needed. I also think we should resign Packer so our pack has some a stability for the next few years.

j0nesy, jak and Country Dragon like this.
  18. mickeylane

mickeylane Juniors

The way it's looking Mcgregor is staying on.. There doesn't seem to be any indication from club or players thT there any coach rumblings - in fact the players look happy!!
    I tell you we win another 2-3 games and the club will announce a 2 year extension for Mcgregor.. And I'm sure it would suit MillwArd to the ground as he controls the clubs recruitment ..(Job for the Boys)

19. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

Mick I hope your wrong the team needs a new coach , one that has got the ability to bring through our junior talent and can make the big calls in letting the older players go. Lafai Nightingale and McCrone all need to be taped on the shoulder.

Qdf, ingles, hewi and 1 other person like this.
  20. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

C'mon pal, leave McCrone out of it ............. he played a dam find game yesterday ............. for Cronulla!

to_ddeath and ALSGI like this.