What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
so why did he put jdb as a five eighth
Widdop was already gone, he put jdb there to the tighten the defence and hoped for a Hail Mary and it worked .
F UK I hate golden point, McGregor needs to be sacked, it is all his fault, bad ref calls, hih it's his doing.

Gareth67

First Grade
LOL with Gus's comment on Duges. Didn't rub his head due to being concussed but it hurt.

Yes , we can always count on young Gus to give a man a couple of chuckles .

I don't know which is the better , his one liners or his almighty clangers that he occasionally makes . Still he adds a bit of colour to the commentary team .

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
I am a big fan of Gould and why some clowns in here thought he disliked Saints is beyond me.
I think he would have loved to coach the Dragons if the geniused management wasn't in place.
A great performance by the Dragons yesterday....Tough and uncompromising.
We are a shot
Gould was a Dragons supporter when a young fellow

People are absolutely blind if they couldn't see the difference (chasm) in coaching abilities on display yesterday.

Imagine Mary in charge of Melbourne. Funny.

Straight Shooter

St Georgio

Juniors
This man is not up to Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bennett or Des Haslers standards, he has no influence on the referees or the NRL, he must be sacked!

mickeylane

Bench
Bellamy is a genius.Mary said that we had trouble preparing for the game and this impacted on our performance.Well the Storm played same day only after us on ANZAC day.
No such problems for them and they did come out firing.
Mary has a long way to go in order to be a quality NRL coach.
I honestly think the players were affected w Widdops absence - its such a new team thats enjoying success that ant little change to its dynamic quite possibly could unsettle the apple cart and guess what it did! I think the worst is over now - from now on I think the players know that they can perform and score points with out Widdop...I expect things to get better. btw never compare McGregor or any coach for matter of fact against Bellamy - Bellyache is streets ahead of every coach in the NRL - streets!!!!

Reactions: Qdf

hazzbeen

Bench
Bellamy is a genius.Mary said that we had trouble preparing for the game and this impacted on our performance.Well the Storm played same day only after us on ANZAC day.
No such problems for them and they did come out firing.
Mary has a long way to go in order to be a quality NRL coach.
Forster Dragon I can see a slide happening I hope Im wrong . The next few weeks will determine where the team is heading and where Mary is heading .....

Gareth67

First Grade
Everyone is disappointed by yesterday's result , however I am sure that we all realised that the eventual loss would occur , and now it has . We could mention many reasons as to what contributed to the losses , injury to key playmaker , one sided refereeing , combined with the fact that the Storm have been coached by arguably the best coache in the NRL .

That is why the Storm have been one of the top sides for many a year now .
Unfortunately Mary is not in the same field as Bellache , Bennett etc. But for the first 7 rounds of the competition we have been singing his praises . He has many positional problems with the team that he need to sort out , as well as keeping the boys believing in themselves . The players believe in him , which they have mentioned on numerous occassions now . If the players can do so , then imo , we the supporters should at the very least should do likewise .It would appear that , regardless of media speculation ( yet again ) that Mr. Doust is in no hurry to offer him an extension just yet .

At the beginning of the year many among us believed that this would be a ' nothing ' season , well that is certainly not the case , as their is a new found determination within the players that was not present last year , and Mary and the senior playing group have been responsible for that . As long as they hold on to that , the Dragons are still a good chance of being there at the end of the year .

Last edited:

dino2170

Juniors
Im shocked that people are so positive about saints performance. WE still lost. How about replace Dugan with lafai as a kicker for one. He switched the centers and put a fresh forward when the horse had bolted. Or giving nightengale an early shower (albeit he scored a couple of tries). Marys vision is sadly lacking. What is he going to pick tomm????

Reactions: Qdf

Gareth67

First Grade
Everyone is disappointed by yesterday's result

He has many positional problems with the team that he need to sort out , as well as keeping the boys believing in themselves .

Mr. Doust is in no hurry to offer him an extension just yet .

At the beginning of the year many among us believed that this would be a ' nothing ' season , well that is certainly not the case , as their is a new found determination within the players that was not present last year .

Dino2170 Above are a few extracts from my previous post , mentioning positional changes and also that this season , has somewhat exceeded the expectations that many may had believed , including myself .

I can assure you that I am not happy , one lil fooking bit , with the losses , however I am quite sure that Mary is not going anywhere this year .
There is no one to replace him with , nor do we have the money to do so if there was .

WE are all well and truly aware of the mans shortcomings and for him to secure another contract he will need to perform as well Bellamy and take the team to this years Premiership . Which I am sure is just that lil bit beyond him .

dino2170

Juniors
Dino2170 Above are a few extracts from my previous post , mentioning positional changes and also that this season , has somewhat exceeded the expectations that many may had believed , including myself .

I can assure you that I am not happy , one lil fooking bit , with the losses , however I am quite sure that Mary is not going anywhere this year .
There is no one to replace him with , nor do we have the money to do so if there was .

WE are all well and truly aware of the mans shortcomings and for him to secure another contract he will need to perform as well Bellamy and take the team to this years Premiership . Which I am sure is just that lil bit beyond him .
very pleasing that you think like me bravo

Qdf

Juniors
Everyone is disappointed by yesterday's result , however I am sure that we all realised that the eventual loss would occur , and now it has . We could mention many reasons as to what contributed to the losses , injury to key playmaker , one sided refereeing , combined with the fact that the Storm have been coached by arguably the best coache in the NRL .

That is why the Storm have been one of the top sides for many a year now .
Unfortunately Mary is not in the same field as Bellache , Bennett etc. But for the first 7 rounds of the competition we have been singing his praises . He has many positional problems with the team that he need to sort out , as well as keeping the boys believing in themselves . The players believe in him , which they have mentioned on numerous occassions now . If the players can do so , then imo , we the supporters should at the very least should do likewise .It would appear that , regardless of media speculation ( yet again ) that Mr. Doust is in no hurry to offer him an extension just yet .

At the beginning of the year many among us believed that this would be a ' nothing ' season , well that is certainly not the case , as their is a new found determination within the players that was not present last year , and Mary and the senior playing group have been responsible for that . As long as they hold on to that , the Dragons are still a good chance of being there at the end of the year .
Yes the players are backing mary.
Because he was onside with them, to play the type of football they wanted.
But Sunday's game showed when put under pressure Mary couldn't come up with the right desicions. Aiken couldn't make the right defensive moves and needed to be removed earlier than 10min from the end.Also Nightingale was hopelessly out played by his opponent .Showed his obvious lack of speed and size.
McGregor has to start making the obvious desicions for the benefit of the team and show he's ready to take us forward.
For me no contract renewal until then.