What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Carlton

Juniors
I know you have to take what fifth tackle reports with a grain of salt but they are saying the board are having second thoughts about Mary's extension.

If its true, pity it took them so long, in fact why did they need a first thought. The answer was always in front of them, get rid of Mary.

I know you have to take what fifth tackle reports with a grain of salt but they are saying the board are having second thoughts about Mary's extension.

If its true, pity it took them so long, in fact why did they need a first thought. The answer was always in front of them, get rid of Mary.

To have a second thought the board would have to have started with a first thought.

They havnt had one of those, so I call bullshit on this rumour.

Life's Good

Coach

Conspiracy theory here. The basis of this rumour is our board spreading this in the hope the fans 'believe' that they take our concerns seriously. Alternative facts at play.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

Any Board acting with integrity and governance would not make a hasty and misinformed decision.

Why would our Board not wait until the end of the season given the following facts:

1. 2016 was a dismal failure
2. 2017 had a long road ahead before an informed decision could be reached on coaching performance
3. No other NRL club would have signed Mary even if we waited.
4. We have had continual failure with rookie coaches and to wait would have been prudent
5. If Mary made the top 4 then resign him at the end of the year.

If Mary put the Board under pressure to "sign me or else" you do what any great leadership group does and you tell your "maybe" candidate to go pound sand.

It becomes ironic our Board and CEO would not sign Bennett to a long term contract when he wanted it yet are happy to resign a nobody coach who had failed the year before prematurely.

Our Board owes the fans a "please explain" press release for this catastrophic decision that is clearly flawed. Anybody not in-bred can see the decision is c//rupt.

Conspiracy theory here. The basis of this rumour is our board spreading this in the hope the fans 'believe' that they take our concerns seriously. Alternative facts at play.
Of course your right.
They put the red herring out there which allows them to take advantage no matter what transpires.
1. We miss the finals - the extension is shown up to be a stupid decision - they then fire McGregor in a fanfare of contrition and "righting the wrong". In coming coach will designed to appease the fans and dilute the backlash from the fans.
2. We scrape into the 8 and they strut around telling everyone that will listen what an astute appointment McGregor was.
3. Finally the kicker is even if we finish 7th or 9th, they will remind us that everyone expected us to contest the wooden spoon in 2017 and that we "over achieved" based on expectations at the beginning of the year.
Either way we will be subjected to a whole bunch of spin and arse covering.
Nauseating...

Banjo2014

Juniors
No matter how much I dislike McGregor - please football Gods, don't have wins for Manly, Cowboys and Penrith with a Loss for the mighty ones this weekend. I did say please

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Time for a full external review of the performance of the board and Football department.

I can't believe public KPIs have not been placed or released on the performance of the board and CEO. These would relate to things like financial performance, community engagement, football performance, Enterprise value. All these things should be clearly laid out in the strategic plan.

Let's reintroduce accountability at all levels.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
He is currently sitting on 5 wins from the last 14 games. Can the board please explain how this fits their Criteria in terms of performance standards.

Precisely ........... PUNT McGregor, NOW!
Well, after we beat the Broncos at least.

Seriously, those figures speak for themselves.
Our Club management need to activate Plan 'B' ............ an alternative to current under-performing, ( some may say, non performing ) coaching staff.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
When did the posts about swapping Mary for Des Hasler start? Was it before 100 or after.

Last years Saints finished 11th with 24pts. They are on 26pts so far with three games to go, 58 tries scored in 2016 compared to 83 so far. Regardless if they lose all 3 they will see this as an improvement.

If they do finish on 26pts that is weird as they have played much better this season yet only won an additional 1 more game to last years bad season.

When did the posts about swapping Mary for Des Hasler start? Was it before 100 or after.

Last years Saints finished 11th with 24pts. They are on 26pts so far with three games to go, 58 tries scored in 2016 compared to 83 so far. Regardless if they lose all 3 they will see this as an improvement.

If they do finish on 26pts that is weird as they have played much better this season yet only won an additional 1 more game to last years bad season.
Good point and the reason is that we are poorly coached.
Competition points are about mustering strategies that win games against all types of opposition in all sorts of conditions.
McGregor has consistently been out coached by his opposite number which has led to us losing games we could have won and a string of embarrassing results such as both Newcastle games.
There is nothing wrong with our current roster and our improved stats can be directly attributed to acquisitions such as Vaughan, and McInnes.
So why are we floundering around the edge of the eight?
Because we have a coach whose background is bush footy and a few mediocre seasons coaching the Cutters.
He is just not qualified to coach any FG team let alone St. George.
The subsequent results that pain us all, were inevitable.
What a waste...

Latest posts