What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I don't know what game you guys are watching, Mary has put together a great coaching season. Not his fault the players cant play.

Assuming you are correct, and the players can't play, then surely it is incumbent on the coach to:
A) coach them so they can play; or
B) select alternative players who can play; or
C) get some assistance to help with points A and B because you are failing on your own; or
D) leave quietly because of your own ineptitude.

grouch

First Grade
2017 has been one of the weakest competitions in a long time, as well.

The Storm are, in reality, the ONLY premiership contender.

You've got the Knights rebuilding from absolute zero, the Titans and Tigers imploding and sacking coaches, and the Warriors going from bad to worse.

Souths lost Inglis on day 1, and the Cowboys have been without Thurston (and Scott) for most of the season.

Canberra and Canterbury have gone backwards.

How the f**k do you miss the top 8??? Without a major injury crisis???

Gomarchin

Juniors
OK IF the CEO and board had to re-sign the coach why didn't they:

1. Add a clause that IF he failed to make the 8 in 2017, the club had the option to sack him?

2. Re-sign him for 1 year (2018)?

Why a 2 year extension? Let's get fair dinkum - there is no other club that would sign Mary.

blacksafake

First Grade
2017 has been one of the weakest competitions in a long time, as well.

The Storm are, in reality, the ONLY premiership contender.

You've got the Knights rebuilding from absolute zero, the Titans and Tigers imploding and sacking coaches, and the Warriors going from bad to worse.

Souths lost Inglis on day 1, and the Cowboys have been without Thurston (and Scott) for most of the season.

Canberra and Canterbury have gone backwards.

How the f**k do you miss the top 8??? Without a major injury crisis???
Well when you put it like that, Yea how the f**k did we miss the eight.
After the start we had to the season we should be asking how we missed the four let alone the eight.

mickeylane

Bench
Assuming you are correct, and the players can't play, then surely it is incumbent on the coach to:
C) get some assistance to help with points A and B because you are failing on your own; or
Don't be surprised if Mcgregor is sacked next month! You read it here first..was told today by a very influential agent that 2 board members from the Dragons side have asked for an urgent review of the whole coaching structure

hazzbeen

Bench
Don't be surprised if Mcgregor is sacked next month! You read it here first..was told today by a very influential agent that 2 board members from the Dragons side have asked for an urgent review of the whole coaching structure
mickey I hope you are right , I don't think I could take another year of rubbish Dragons Footy ...

RED73V

Juniors
They might just be full of hot air mickeylane. How long has Mcgregor been their now 3 & half years . They're either slow learners or big noters that are making a very belated stand.

Bench
You have a track record of predicting player movements so I hope you are right on with that. It would be bigger then Ben Hur.

If this was posted by anyone else, I'd be celebrating (albeit cautiously).

Straight Shooter

getsmarty

Immortal

With all due respect Mickey, just cannot see it happening. Would be a complete turnaround from our board.

Even so, Illawarra side are allegedly Pro Mary, so they will most likely not back down. Personally I have lost all faith in our club. A complete shambles. If they do get rid of Mary, they should also put a broom through the support staff and I just cannot see this happening. Too many people with their own self interests ahead of what would be best for the club.

Last edited:

Hail Mary

Juniors

He just landed a great signing in james graham, cant wait til u eat ur words next year when we win the comp

thebigredv

First Grade
When you look at the time that has passed with nothing to show for players' efforts, for our loyalty as fans...
When you look at the very poor coaching stats...
When you look at the way we were unable to finish off countless matches this season, last season and the one before...
When you watch the monotonous press conferences in which we get nothing but a 'not good enough' and a lovely narrative...
When you pinch yourself on a Tuesday to check that, yes, we actually lost a must win game to the inferior Bulldogs so woefully...
When you look at the 200 pages of the Sack McGregor thread, the repeat descriptions of his failures week after week, month after month...

When you look at all this, HOW ON EARTH HAS THIS MAN NOT BEEN SHOWN THE DOOR?

Somebody please give me just a crumb, a skerrick, a faint hint of a good reason to put my mind at rest. JD was ours if we wanted him. Kevin Walters could have at least been pursued. A caretaker should have been placed in charge when everything went pear shape for a 3rd year. Management should earn their pay and go find us a coach instead of resting on their laurels. Get Henry or McGuire in on a one year incentive deal. How can that be worse than having no hope in 2018? I'd rather waste a year on a low percentage move like this then endure another year of Paul.

getsmarty

Immortal
When you look at the time that has passed with nothing to show for players' efforts, for our loyalty as fans...
When you look at the very poor coaching stats...
When you look at the way we were unable to finish off countless matches this season, last season and the one before...
When you watch the monotonous press conferences in which we get nothing but a 'not good enough' and a lovely narrative...
When you pinch yourself on a Tuesday to check that, yes, we actually lost a must win game to the inferior Bulldogs so woefully...
When you look at the 200 pages of the Sack McGregor thread, the repeat descriptions of his failures week after week, month after month...

When you look at all this, HOW ON EARTH HAS THIS MAN NOT BEEN SHOWN THE DOOR?

Somebody please give me just a crumb, a skerrick, a faint hint of a good reason to put my mind at rest. JD was ours if we wanted him. Kevin Walters could have at least been pursued. A caretaker should have been placed in charge when everything went pear shape for a 3rd year. Management should earn their pay and go find us a coach instead of resting on their laurels. Get Henry or McGuire in on a one year incentive deal. How can that be worse than having no hope in 2018? I'd rather waste a year on a low percentage move like this then endure another year of Paul.

Add to this the longer you keep Mary, the longer it takes to undo the damage caused over the last 3 1/2 years.

Latest posts