Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Crush

Crush Juniors

OKB, happy with all that.
    I made my post in rejection to people talking about lynching and drowning people. As I said, I think its going too far.

2. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

All good Crush.
    It certainly wasn’t directed towards you or anyone in particular, mate.
    I’m often on this thread hamming it up about sacking McGreggor so l thought it best l clarify my position.
    Cheers,
    OKB1

dragonssamy61 and Crush like this.
  3. jak

jak Juniors

that's not a dream that's a nightmare.

Life's Good likes this.
  4. jak

jak Juniors

give us three names and why.

5. goggles

goggles Juniors

for you, it may very well be jak. for me though, the nightmare is continuing with what we've got at present (in terms of ceo, board and coach).

6. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

The list of people below McGregor for coaching ability would be much shorter than the people above him in ability coaching wise personally J D Will do me .also I think Michael Potter would be an improvement

7. jak

jak Juniors

I agree with you on paper,but as you would know both have been in our system and left and we really don't know the reason why.

8. BennyV

BennyV Coach

The list is endless, but of course there is one obvious candidate with more brain cells and original ideas than Mary...THIS INANIMATE CARBON ROD!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  9. jak

jak Juniors

great answer problem solved then, we have a new coach.

10. Banjo2014

Banjo2014 Juniors

5 Reasons for the Dragons to be excited in 2018 - positive news in the Telegraph?

Headline should of read 6 reasons for the Dragons to be excited in 2018.

The 6th?

McGregor is fired.

Gareth67 and Dennis Papaioannou like this.
  11. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Michael Potter one of my old favorites Camden boy .very well spoken Michael and respected everywhere he went .whatever happens I wish him all the best

12. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

That's a good article pity they didn't say a new coach is needed to make us number 1 .it would take an extremely poor coach for this team to not feature at the point end of the season.thats a problem because these idiots might then extend SUPER COACH for another few years.when will this nightmare end .FREDDY MERCURY would be proud.a nightmare on crown street.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  13. 2010

2010 Juniors

14. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

McGregor is more than capable of stuffing 2018 up.
    We have certainly upgraded our roster but then so have most of the other clubs.
    What makes Melbourne, Cowboys, Broncos, Cronulla, Easts and Parramatta stand apart from the others is the coach.
    That is the ingredient that binds these teams together on and off the field.
    McGregor cannot provide any of that.

15. 71saintsimon

71saintsimon Juniors

Exactly right , saints can sign the Australia team but nothing wil change under that coaches poor leadership his a terrible coach took over in mid 2014 and been nothing but a adverse failure the lowest points that stand out in my mind are his continued picking of players that don't perform his unbelievably good at turning good players into battering rams the try scoring issues especially 2016 and why on earth was he resigned after the Anzac Day game against the chickens in April the team only managed four wins against poor opposition

16. Crush

Crush Juniors

Yeah Brad Arthur is amazing.
    2014 10th
    2015 12th
    2016 14th
    2017 4th
    Thats some record. So what makes Parra stand apart from the others is the coach? You sure it wasn't that their roster was better in 2017?

17. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

The mark of a great coach can be measured in many ways, but getting a team up to win pressure games is a major one - one that Mary continually fails.
    Notice we win games we often aren't expected to win - ie no pressure.
    The loss to the Bulldogs in the final round should've been followed by the termination of Mary's contract - end of story!
    He cannot instil or inspire confidence & he never will.

18. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Juniors

If you really want to make comparisons then you have to take into account the mess he walked into and how he systematically turned things around to the point where he finished 4th in 2017.
    It is interesting to note that Arthur presided over a period in the club's history where the Parramatta Board was overthrown and the club was in complete turmoil.
    McGregor on the other hand was given a red carpet, walk up start as head coach with a roster which was pretty good to start with.
    11th and an embarrassing "slide out the back door" 9th don't really stack up to what Arthur has built and achieved at Parramatta after he inherited a total basket case.
    The real question you should be asking is where would we be today if we had Brad Arthur as our coach?
    I guarantee you we would have enjoyed a lot more success than we have endured with McGregor.
    No comparison at all.
    Arthur is in the top 4-5 coaches in the comp. and our bloke is in the bottom 3.
    Chalk and cheese.

19. Drag Queen

Drag Queen Juniors

Spot on Dennis. BA has been building nicely on what was once a bloody trainwreck.

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  20. Crush

Crush Juniors

He "systematically" turned things around. 10th/12th/14th/4th. Explain the system? Gradually get worse for 3 years then jump up to top 4? Nice system!