What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

ouryears

Bench
Midway through Next Year..is what I stated...and only if we are minimum Top 4 this year and next.

Regardless I would be looking at all other available coaches...before making any decisions on the current coach. We should get the best available candidate.

P.S The club should be judging Mary on his whole tenure.. 2014 - 19...so far he is a fail unless 2018 & 19 are successful. .
True mate, but doubt the cronies managing the club see it like that.

He started with a clean slate this year I reckon.

That's what they do at ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA!!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I think he will get one of the next 3 jobs that come up.

I wonder who are the next 3 coaches to get the big send off?

Has a coach every been sacked for winning 6 straight?
Just asking .............

wa-2.jpg

ouryears

Bench
Has a coach every been sacked for winning 6 straight?
Just asking .............

wa-2.jpg

Fittler won 5 straight when he first took over after Chris Anderson was punted half way thru 2007 season.

2008 was sort of ok, 58%,
see below

But yr 3, oops, sucked big time and was sacked with the rorters getting the 2009 spoon

Smith took over.
Made the GF first year, 2010

Brad Fittler – NRL Coaching
Sydney Roosters

2007 63%
2008 58%
2009 21% sacked
Career 43%

MilanDragon

Juniors
I agree that Mary needs to be thinking of 2019 and would like to see Lomax blooded this year, but I think it is a waste of time having him on the bench, where he would be lucky to get 15 minutes game time. I think he is better off playing a full game in ISP every week and developing his game there, if he isn't starting in first grade.

Nightingale should be retiring at the end of this year, Ah Mau is the only other player who may not be with us next year, although I hope that he is with us next year. I hope the lure of winning a comp next year will help keep him.

I agree that Host, Kerr and Lawrie should get game time off the bench this year.

There should always be an element of future planning and Mary certainly does need to think of 2019 too if he is going to be our coach.

However, when you have a potential ‘premiership season’ where you are genuinely one of a few contenders then you need to also think for that season only a bit more. The opportunity cost of going ‘all in’ on a season however is future planning. - as we found out post Bennett.

There should always be an element of future planning and Mary certainly does need to think of 2019 too if he is going to be our coach.

However, when you have a potential ‘premiership season’ where you are genuinely one of a few contenders then you need to also think for that season only a bit more. The opportunity cost of going ‘all in’ on a season however is future planning. - as we found out post Bennett.

They have most of thier young guns, and first grade for that matter, locked in for the next year, so planning may not be a problem.
The middle half of the year may be a problem, I believe it has been before.

So in that vein......SACK MCGREAGOR NOW.

ouryears

Bench
,ok pussy Mary!

The Warriors have only beaten 6 others by far far more

It was a game we could have even won tonight.

And if you want to be negative about losing a close game in NZ, then you need to be
re-programmed

Last edited:

Latest posts